Retro Forum

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Showing 221 to 240 of 620

AuthorMessage

ogo79

221. Posted:

@WaveBoy
Amagon was impossible...i watched someone beat it on youtube...hell i had to see that. i used to rent it back in the days, and i too actually had it in my collection for awhile. it woulda been a good game if it wasnt for its difficulty. and as far as Kickmaster that game is badass. i was trying to tell yall about it awhile back. yeah that game uses nothing but kicks. i like to say since Shatterhand was all punching someone was bound to make an all kicking game.

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

KingMike

222. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I was at my local Play N Trade and they had a gold Majora's Mask catridge with a label that looked holographic. Is that rare? I can't remember the price so what's the most I should pay for it?

I have that one. I've heard that surprisingly, the normal sticker label is the rarer version.

KingMike

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

223. Posted:

Amazon has a Sega Saturn for about $40. Should I get it?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

224. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

Amazon has a Sega Saturn for about $40. Should I get it?

You either missed it, or all the ~$40 ones are broken.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

225. Posted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005CDR8/ref=sr_1_1_...

AuthorMessage

the_shredder

226. Posted:

I got a sega saturn for £5 from cashgenerator last year and that works great.

You are here because the outside world rejects you. THIS is your family. I am your father. I want you all to become full members of the Foot. You are my eyes and ears; find them. Together we will punish these creatures. These... turtles.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

227. Posted:

Those are the ones I'm looking at. Did you even read the descriptions? 2 of them are broken, one says SYSTEM ONLY, which means you'd have to pay $40+ For cords, and one says nothing at all, which is ALWAYS a bad sign. In fact, out of all of those, I'd buy the $60 one.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

228. Posted:

What are some good multiplayer SNES games other then Mario and TMNT? And what are some good single player N64 games?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

229. Posted:

@Retro_on_theGo? What genre are you looking for cause I could recommend alot but knowing what genre you are interested in will narrow it down.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

230. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

What are some good multiplayer SNES games other then Mario and TMNT? And what are some good single player N64 games?

For the N64 some really good 1 player games are: Blast Corps, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, ShadowGate 64: Trials of the Four Towers, Quest 64, Resident Evil 2, Earthworm Jim 3D.

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

231. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

MP - Zombies Ate My Neighbors
SP - Mischief Makers

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

232. Posted:

Awesome thanks for all the suggestions everyone!
@Tasuki my favorite genre of video games is platformers, but some racing, shooting, or fighting games are welcomed too.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

233. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Awesome thanks for all the suggestions everyone!
@Tasuki my favorite genre of video games is platformers, but some racing, shooting, or fighting games are welcomed too.

Ok cool once I get some time I will give you some.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

234. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

For the N64 some really good 1 player games are: Blast Corps, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Donkey Kong 64, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, ShadowGate 64: Trials of the Four Towers, Quest 64, Resident Evil 2, Earthworm Jim 3D.

I question a lot of these. Namely Blast Corps, Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, Quest 64 (especially Quest 64!!!), and Earthworm Jim 3D. My experience with Blast Corps was less than satisfactory, namely that I could not for the life of me figure out what to do. Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, while better than its predecessor, was still brought down by numerous problems, IMO. I haven't heard a single remotely positive word about Quest 64 from anyone who has played it, and I would not be surprised if the Angry Video Game Nerd does a video on it some day, judging from everything I've heard about it. Judging from the videos I've watched, Earthworm Jim 3D isn't that good either. I'd honestly like to hear why you feel they're worth recommending.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

235. Posted:

oldgamesonly wrote:

@WaveBoy
Amagon was impossible...i watched someone beat it on youtube...hell i had to see that. i used to rent it back in the days, and i too actually had it in my collection for awhile. it woulda been a good game if it wasnt for its difficulty. and as far as Kickmaster that game is badass. i was trying to tell yall about it awhile back. yeah that game uses nothing but kicks. i like to say since Shatterhand was all punching someone was bound to make an all kicking game.

Tell me about it! One of these days I'm going to beat it I swear, I nabbed myself a copy off eBay 2 years ago, and I haven't actually played the game since i was around 6 or 7. I need to score a 27" Sony Tube CRT for my Nes gaming, I hate hooking the thing up to my main 32" Wega display. Nes games just don't seem right on that large of a display. :p

Anyways, I'm definitly going to get Kickmaster...I love finding these obscure underrated gems and experiencing them in this day and age for the first time, or knowing about them for all of this time and never experiencing them. It's always awesome discovering a cult classic and having a blast with it. Kickle Cubicle was another one of my favorites. Snake Rattle n Roll was also quite the trip as well!

And did anybody ever play Attack of the Killer Tomatoes?lol Based on the semi popular cartoon of course. And I'm pretty sure this one slipped under the radar big time. I rented it as a kid and aside from the first midnight purple-ish stage sticking out, all i can remember was the unfair difficulty, those damn little mini tomatoes would get me every time!

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

236. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Some games that recommend

SNES:

Super Street Fighter 2
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Joe and Mac (a good multiplayer platform)
Super Smash TV
Clay Fighter
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country (Any of them)
Killer Instinct
The King of Dragons
Kirby Super Star
Super Double Dragon
Super Mario Kart
TMNT: Tournament Fighters
Top Gear

For N64 I recommend:

GoldenEye
The Banjo games
Body Harvest
The Crusin games
Donkey Kong 64
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Nightmare Creatures
Perfect Dark
Resident Evil 2
Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire
Turok
Any of the WWF Wrestling games (if you are into that sort of thing)

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

237. Posted:

Thanks for all the recommendations Tasuki!
Well now for SNES multiplayer I'm getting Zombies ate my Neighbors and Super Double Dragon. I'll get Banjoo Tooie, Perfect Dark, and maybe DK 64 for N64. If it's not too hard I'll try to get GoldenEye. Thanks again everyone for the help.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

238. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Thanks for all the recommendations Tasuki!
Well now for SNES multiplayer I'm getting Zombies ate my Neighbors and Super Double Dragon. I'll get Banjoo Tooie, Perfect Dark, and maybe DK 64 for N64. If it's not too hard I'll try to get GoldenEye. Thanks again everyone for the help.

Yeah I am still looking for GoldenEye myself. I saw it a few months ago at a Retro Store and it was only $5, and wouldnt you know that was the day I forgot my wallet at home. I ran home and got it and went back but by that time it was gone. :(

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

239. Posted:

I'm just trying to find out if anyone remembers the title of a CPU learning game from the 1990's. It was a top-down, spelling puzzle and adventure. Your character was some type of amazon indian, in a jungle setting. You had to move your character using the keyboard arrows and try to avoid, or find your way around obstacles. Like lions, crocodiles, oil slicks, boulders that had to be moved in a certain manner and many others. All the while you also had to collect letters in a certain order. To spell the word that was given to you at the beginning of each puzzle, from some kind of indian chief or medicine man. I think his name was Yobi or something like that. You could also pick up and use items like apples, to feed the lions so that you could sneak past while they ate them. Or to feed a hippo so that you could ride on his back across the river, to an non-accessible area. After completion of each word, you would hop on a floating log raft that carried you upstream to the next puzzle. Throughout the game you randomly come to some village on the river. You are then asked to use the keyboard to spell out a series of words correctly. Before you can move further up river and on to the next puzzle. You would also be awarded with a special token, that had some type of worth at the end of the game. The goal was to make it all the way up the river to some kind of temple or something. There were so many puzzles that I never actually completed the game, but I got pretty far up river. I can't remember the title of the game, it might have contained the indian chiefs name in it. Which I thought was Yobi or something like that. If you know which title I'm rambling about, then please reply. I still want to find and beat this game, for me it was very addictive. Thank You

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

240. Posted:

WiiAboutU wrote:

I'm just trying to find out if anyone remembers the title of a CPU learning game from the 1990's. It was a top-down, spelling puzzle and adventure. Your character was some type of amazon indian, in a jungle setting. You had to move your character using the keyboard arrows and try to avoid, or find your way around obstacles. Like lions, crocodiles, oil slicks, boulders that had to be moved in a certain manner and many others. All the while you also had to collect letters in a certain order. To spell the word that was given to you at the beginning of each puzzle, from some kind of indian chief or medicine man. I think his name was Yobi or something like that. You could also pick up and use items like apples, to feed the lions so that you could sneak past while they ate them. Or to feed a hippo so that you could ride on his back across the river, to an non-accessible area. After completion of each word, you would hop on a floating log that carried you upstream to the next puzzle. Throughout the game you randomly come to some village on the river. You are then asked to use the keyboard to spell out a series of words correctly. Before you can move further up river and on to the next puzzle. You would also be awarded with a special token, that had some type of worth at the end of the game. The goal was to make it all the way up the river to some kind of temple or something. There were so many puzzles that I never actually completed the game, but I got pretty far up river. I can't remember the title of the game, it might have contained the indian chiefs name in it. Which I thought was Yobi or something like that. If you know which title I'm rambling about, then please reply. I still want to find and beat this game, for me it was very addictive. Thank You

It was called Spelling Jungle. I've played it too.