AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

121. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Relevant+Latty wrote:

I would have said Smash Bros but I am betting you already have that.

Yup. I just ended up taking off stuff from my list instead. I doubt I'd want all the Bomberman 64 and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness anyways.

Ahhh!!!! Those are both excellent games.
Bomberman Hero, as well.

Not in my book. Not by the looks of it.

At least get Bomberman Hero, its single player was pretty entertaining imo (though it has no multiplayer).
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness has such a great soundtrack and atmosphere that I really think you're missing out by not getting it (then again, this is coming from someone who doesn't particularly like the franchise as a whole so ymmv).

What's your list looking like now? I could probably recommend a few that you're missing to round your collection up instead of down.

I can understand that, it probably isn't that bad, but the problem is that I am a Castlevania fan, and an old-school one at that. In my eyes, Castlevania is supposed to be a straight-forward action game, not a Zelda clone. I was meerly going to get it for collection purposes, but the prices seem to exceed its true worth. I may get it if it comes to the VC, but otherwise I feel that its a part of Castlevania's history better left forgotten.

Anyways, here's my complete N64 wishlist, if you're still interested:

Nintendo 64 Wishlist wrote:

29 in total. 15 on Must-Buy List

Bomberman 64
Donkey Kong 64
DOOM 64
Excitebike 64
Flying Dragon
Goemon's Great Adventure
Mischief Makers
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Pilotwings 64
Rockets: Robots on Wheels
Shadowgate 64: Trials of the Four Towers
Turok: Rage Wars
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Wipeout 64

Maybe:

Battle Tanx
Beatles Racing
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
Bomberman Hero
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
Conker Bad Fur Day
Goldeneye 007
Jet Force Gemini
Nightmare Creatures
WinBack

VC:

Chameleon Twist
Ogre Battle 64
Pokemon Snap
Wave Race 64

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

122. Posted:

No Rush games? I definitely have to recommend Rush 2049.
Then I'd recommend Extreme-G (high-speed racer) and Robotron 64 (a remake of Robotron 2084).

I think I'll take another look when I got home and try to find games that I think are must-haves. Of the above 3, I think Rush 2049 is the only must-have, but the other two are quality titles as well. Robotron 64 can be played using two joysticks on two controllers!

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

123. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Then I'd recommend Extreme-G (high-speed racer) and Robotron 64 (a remake of Robotron 2084).

I think I'll take another look when I got home and try to find games that I think are must-haves. Of the above 3, I think Rush 2049 is the only must-have, but the other two are quality titles as well. Robotron 64 can be played using two joysticks on two controllers!

The Dreamcast version of Rush 2049 is greatly improved over the N64 version, so I don't need the N64 version.

Extreme-G wasn't really anything special, if I remember correctly, and I can get the far better Extreme-G 3 on the Gamecube for practically pennies.

I really did consider getting Robotron 64, but after watching a video, it looked very slow-paced and mundane for a game of that type. Not my thing, really.

They're still good picks, just not for me. I do look forward to seeing whatever else you can come up with.:)

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

124. Posted:

@NotEnoughGolds - what's "ymmv"?

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Lotice-Paladin

125. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Relevant+Latty wrote:

Yup. I just ended up taking off stuff from my list instead. I doubt I'd want all the Bomberman 64 and Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness anyways.

True. It's shame that about 50% of the N64 library is Nintendo/Rare...

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

AuthorMessage

HiroshiYamauchi

126. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

The Dreamcast version of Rush 2049 is greatly improved over the N64 version, so I don't need the N64 version.

Extreme-G wasn't really anything special, if I remember correctly, and I can get the far better Extreme-G 3 on the Gamecube for practically pennies.

I really did consider getting Robotron 64, but after watching a video, it looked very slow-paced and mundane for a game of that type. Not my thing, really.

They're still good picks, just not for me. I do look forward to seeing whatever else you can come up with.:)

Rush 2 is a much better game than Rush 2049, IMO, and is a N64 exclusive. So even if you have 2049 on the Dreamcast, you should give Rush 2 a try.

HiroshiYamauchi

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

127. Posted:

Relevant+Latty wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Relevant+Latty wrote:

True. It's shame that about 50% of the N64 library is Nintendo/Rare...

Actually, only about 20 or so games in the N64's library came from Nintendo - much less than any other generation. They relied much more on Rare, and even then they only put out maybe around 10 games. The problem is that they make up 50% of the games worth playing on it, and I didn't like half of what Nintendo put out, and I hated virtually every Rareware N64 game except for Donkey Kong 64 (and even then, that's mostly nostalgia talking). So basically my options are limited. In fact, I only have 15 N64 games currectly in my possession, including VC games, and I'm getting ready to sell half of them. Luckily its no longer my only console, but its still sad that I won't have much reason to play it like I used to.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

128. Posted:

@Mickeymac - if I remember correctly, the later levels are pretty intense in Robotron.
Obviously if you have XGIII and SFR2049DC there's no reasons to buy the N64 versions... yeah I'm going to have to double-check my games when I get home.

@StarBoy: your mileage may vary

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

129. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

@Mickeymac - if I remember correctly, the later levels are pretty intense in Robotron.

The problem is that it takes way too long to get to that point. Smash TV, Robotron 2084, and I MAED A GAM3 WITH ZOMBIES IN IT!!!!!!1 all became very intense very fast, and I liked that about them. Robotron 64 takes far too long to get any good.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

130. Posted:

Okay, I'm not going through the entire 1000+ PSOne collection to try to find some good games, so I'll just ask here: Can anyone recommend some good PSOne games?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

131. Posted:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Metal Gear
Legend of Dragoon

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

132. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Metal Gear
Legend of Dragoon

You managed to list two of the few PSOne I already have unfortunately, but Legend of Dragoon sounds like a good pick, and a cheap one too.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

133. Posted:

Sorry bout that lol. Yeah Legend of Dragoon is a good one especially if you like RPGs. IMO its a better RPG than FF7. The story is a good one and it is 4 disc long but I found myself still interested in the Story line as I went from disc to disc. So few games do that when they are that long. Another good RPG is Suikoden if you dont have that one yet.

Damn it now I am going to have to go and play Legend of Dragoon again.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

brooks83

134. Posted:

PSOne reccomendations eh? Some of my favs that you may not have played off the top of my head: Disruptor, Soviet Strike, Doom, Destruction Derby, Suikoden, Battle Arena Toshinden, Panzer General

brooks83

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

135. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

PSOne reccomendations eh? Some of my favs that you may not have played off the top of my head: Disruptor, Soviet Strike, Doom, Destruction Derby, Suikoden, Battle Arena Toshinden, Panzer General

You're right, I haven't played them. Thank you!

Anybody else have any suggestions?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

136. Posted:

Another good but might be hard to find is Alundra its a zelda-typea game. I remember playing that game over and over untill I loaned it to someone and never got it back.

Some other good RPGs are Breath of Fire III, Grandstream Saga.

Spyro the Dragon is a good platform game if you like those kinda games, also you cant go wrong with the first 2 Twisted Metal games.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

137. Posted:

Twisted Metal 2, Intelligent Qube

Edit: Apparently I.Q. is rather pricey ($50+) unless you get the Japanese import ($5-$15)
Unless PS1 is region-locked, I doubt buying the Japanese version would hinder the experience at all. You'd probably just hear "PERFECT!" in a different language.

Edited on by NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

138. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Edit: Apparently I.Q. is rather pricey ($50+) unless you get the Japanese import ($5-$15)
Unless PS1 is region-locked, I doubt buying the Japanese version would hinder the experience at all. You'd probably just hear "PERFECT!" in a different language.

The PS1 and PS2 are region-locked and there's no way to unlock them without going through some complicated and expensive process.:(

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

139. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

The PS1 and PS2 are region-locked and there's no way to unlock them without going through some complicated and expensive process.:(

Lame. I can't believe I.Q. is so expensive. Oh! Some 3DO ports that are... almost as good on the PS.
Road Rash 3D
Return Fire

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

140. Posted:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Lame. I can't believe I.Q. is so expensive. Oh! Some 3DO ports that are... almost as good on the PS.
Road Rash 3D
Return Fire

Road Rash 3D looks almost as good as the Genesis ones. I'll be sure to pick it up, thanks.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~