Forums

Topic: NES Classic Edition

Posts 421 to 440 of 476

DarthNocturnal

I wonder if they'll revise a few things? A few ideas:

• Package in a 2nd controller, like the SNES Classic.
  • Longer controller cords. I mean, the SNES Classic cords aren't terribly long, but every bit helps.
  • Maybe a special/ unique 31st game, like Star Fox 2? If we can only have one, my vote goes towards Earthbound Beginnings.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

GingerBloke

I don't know if it's poor manners to join a forum just to try and get a problem solved, but here I am.

I live in the UK and I've just got my hands on a NES Mini, which is nice. I had heard there can be a problem with the console powering off by itself (not the sixty minute power save mode) and it's now happened to me a couple of times.

Has anyone managed to confirm the reason why it happens?

Some have said it's from using an AC adaptor that isn't drawing enough power, others that it's to do with using an HDMI splitter, and others have said it happens if you're using unofficial third party controllers.

Typically, I am using both an HDMI splitter and two third party controllers (because of the short cable controller that came with the NES Mini). The AC adaptor I'm using is 5V/2.1A (the 2.1A split between its two USB sockets) which I assume should be okay.

When the console powered down a couple of times I switched to plugging the power cable into the USB socket on my television, which seems to work okay so far, but I've been told most television USB sockets only provide around 0.8A - 1A so I don't know if this is enough and I might be damaging my television to continue powering the NES Mini via that socket.

The make and model of the television I'm using is a Hitachi 22" 22HBC06U. I've looked online for information on the power output for the USB socket on it and come up blank. Hitachi weren't very helpful either.

So... any thoughts, information or solutions? Would be much appreciated.

GingerBloke

BezBot

The NES Classic Edition has been confirmed to come back in Summer 2018! It says on the site (https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic/) on the very bottom next to the price.

Personally I was never able to get one despite wanting one. I refused to pay scalpers for it and looks like it payed off. Hopefully there will be enough stock this time around for me to buy one. I've seen a lot of SNES Classic Editions around and I managed to pick that up easily so I'll keep hoping.

BezBot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro | Twitter:

DarthNocturnal

@BezBot

They confirmed it back when SNES Classic was about to launch. Now if only summer wasn't so far away..... unless they meant like, May or early June.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

BezBot

@DarthNocturnal I knew they confirmed it was coming back, but never heard a release window of the Summer before. Anyway I'm waiting here for pre-orders. Hopefully they will do them, despite it already releasing before, because then I will for sure get it at launch as opposed to worrying I won't get one at all.

BezBot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro | Twitter:

Lroy

After the positive experience I've had with the SNES Mini, I'm hoping to get my hands on a NES Mini in the not too distant future. Fingers crossed the re-stocks continue throughout the rest of 2018. I'd also love an announcement for an N64 Mini.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή |
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€|
Retro Gamer

DarthNocturnal

Nothing announced yesterday.... but Amazon.com does have controllers listed as available on Monday. Maybe that's North America's pre-order day.

Lroy

@DarthNocturnal I'm UK based. It's meant to be a birthday present - still a few months away - but I may order one myself in the near future from Nintendo UK online store. Just to be sure πŸ˜‚

Retro Gamer

Lroy

Lroy wrote:

@DarthNocturnal I'm UK based. It's meant to be a birthday present - still a few months away - but I may order one myself in the near future from Nintendo UK online store. Just to be sure πŸ˜‚

Now ordered and already got shipping email. My NES Classic Mini will be arriving before the end of June πŸ‘

Retro Gamer

gcunit

Flies on you guys. Argos have already delivered mine, and Nintendo.co.uk has already delivered my extra controller

Use the 'ignore' button, it works.

Currently playing: Runner 3; Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood; Kirby Triple Deluxe; ICO; FIFA 18; Owlboy

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Maxz

If anyone managed to pick an a SNES Classic Mini and is finding the NES controllers a bit short, you can use the SNES ones instead.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Lroy

gcunit wrote:

Flies on you guys. Argos have already delivered mine, and Nintendo.co.uk has already delivered my extra controller

Nice. What games you thinking of adding or what games you most looking forward to playing through?

Retro Gamer

Lroy

Maxz wrote:

If anyone managed to pick an a SNES Classic Mini had is finding the NES controllers a bit short, you can use the SNES Ines instead.

Yeah, I read about that last night. Hadn't realised you could do that. Good to know.

Retro Gamer

Silly_G

You should also be able to use Wii Classic Controllers as well, however their cables are horribly short.

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Lroy

I believe you can also use a cordless controller by 8-Bit Do for both Mini systems using a dongle you plug into either Mini?

Retro Gamer

MegaTen

Trying to convince my mum to get one too. She loves puzzle games and arcade games like Pac-Man and Galaga. She played Dr. Mario once here, and loved it. And I bet she'll love Balloon Fight and Bubble Bobble too.

DarthNocturnal

Great. So, it looks like no North American retailers aren't doing preorders. Or at least, Best Buy US isn't. EB Games (Gamestop in Canada) is saying they have β€œextremely limited quanitiesβ€œ.

So basically, I'm probably not getting one until months from now unless there's quicker follow up shipments. Or I get extremely lucky. Again. Oh, and I have to remember to find the extra controller. Which will likely be rare. Again.

BezBot

I know I said before I wanted one and was waiting for pre-orders, but now I don't really feel like I want one. I can't pre-order it so I'll have to go "hunting" for some and I honestly don't think it's worth it. The biggest reason I won't be picking it up though is due to Nintendo Switch Online. I'm definitely getting that and there will be 20 NES games at the launch of it in December and of the 10 we know about, it's pretty much all the games I was looking forward to trying out on the Classic. So I won't be buying one (unless I happen to see it in the wild) because I don't see any real reason to besides collectors and stuff.

BezBot

Lroy

Mine arrived today. Lightning fast delivery. Bravo Nintendo UK πŸ‘

Retro Gamer

Vifa

Nintendo says it will return on the 29th, but it seems like it is already out?
Are there any difference between the 2016 release and the recently released Mini NES?

Vifa

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic