Forums

Topic: NES Classic Edition

Posts 361 to 380 of 408

HistoricKombat

@Vifa

I imported one from Amazon UK just in case scalpers get to the American release first. The box still has the copyright of 2016. The cord of the NES controller are still ridiculously short. There is still only one controller included. No, I assume there is nothing new.

HistoricKombat

ThanosReXXX

@MortalKombat2007 Obviously, they weren't going to change anything on the outside, seeing as they have probably just used existing production lines that were used in the first run, but that does not exclude the internals being newer. The PCB is pretty much the same as the SNES Mini, except that in the SNES Mini, the software installed on the system is a much newer and more stable version of the emulator, so chances are that this software will also be used on the second run of the NES Mini.

Mind you, this can only be determined by running two NES Minis side by side, or by digging into the software, which I'm all but certain we'll see some hacker on YouTube do, within the space of the next 1 or 2 months.

@Lroy Well, got a text message from my local game shop, that my NES Mini has arrived, so I'm going to pick it up later today. Collection of Classic Minis complete....

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Lroy

@ThanosReXXX Ah cool πŸ‘ Be interested to hear if you get that checksum error message I got when doing the mod. All still seems to be working though my end.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

This extensive NES library game-play video may prove useful for anyone wanting a visual aide when whittling down your games-list to add to your modded NES Mini.

Plus, @ThanosReXXX I meant to ask before, let me know how you get on with the three stock image settings for your NES Mini. As I mentioned previously, I am actually finding the CRT filter to be quite inferior to the one on the SNES Mini. Will experiment more and perhaps use an extension cable to sit back further from my TV.

ThanosReXXX

@Lroy I'll let you know, but I can't promise that I'll try this week. Got a lot of stuff to do, and birthdays in the weekend, so my spare time is getting spread really thin this week, and what I do have left, is for watching the Soccer World Championship, so any game-related stuff, that isn't posting comments on a game website, is on the back burner for now.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Lroy

@ThanosReXXX Understood. I've hardly turned my Switch on since the World Cup kicked-off. Another four matches to catch-up on for me this evening. Bliss.

Gamecubed

Went to my local Walmart right before 7am. No line. Got there, and was told that they were not given any stock. I opened my phone and looked at NowInStock Canada and everyone on there was buzzing about the Source having them available online. So I ordered one on my phone right that second and it has now shipped and it'll be here on the 3rd (hopefully).
SO HAPPY. I don't even care if I get a second controller at this point. I'll spring for a quality third party one and spare myself the anxiety lol.

I hope everyone that wanted one was/is able to get one at the proper price. I feel like there was quite a bit more stock this time. If you wanted one, you're probably going to get one. Not like last time, when it was just an abysmal amount available.

Now I'll have both classic systems to conveniently play with my family and friends. Very happy. Can't wait to play it with my niece. Happy Canada Day Weekend!

Gamecubed

NESlover85

Just looking for the extra controller. Every place around here is sold out!

In the year of 198X, a super gamer named NESlover85 was created...

3DS Friend Code: 4940-6777-7430 | Nintendo Network ID: NESlover85

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Strange, though, this difference in availability. When I picked up my NES Mini a couple of days ago, there weren't any extra controllers yet, but I was able to immediately preorder one in the game shop where I picked up the NES Mini, and I got a text message today that I could come pick one up, and so I did.

Now all I need to do, is get myself a couple of extension cables for those two controllers...

NintendoPete

like I said - buy it at Amazon.de - but I honestly don't know how much shipping cost will be for you. I bought 3 extra controllers 2 years ago. One for the second player on the mini and 2 to replace my two old cases of the two original NES controllers

NintendoPete

Xyphon22

I bought a third-party extra controller with 2 extension cables from Walmart for less than $20 last time, and it works great, if anyone wants an easy and cheap way to get everything. The controller feels different than the official one, but it works fine.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Gamecubed

I have my extension cables as well that I bought for my Classic SNES. Got a third party controller as well. Feels good enough and it's close enough to the actual thing. I think it's good enough for Player 2 ;P
Odd they didn't opt to pack-in the extra controller on this reprint. Best Buy Canada has been sporadically dropping 1 or 2 controllers for sale on their website for the last 24 hours. Every time I almost had one, it slipped away. Gave up.

Now, we wait for the N64 Classic that Nintendo needs to release for the good of humanity. I feel like finding extra controllers for that will be even more chaotic.

@NintendoPete For me, the issue with buying from Amazon Germany (or Spain/UK/France/etc.) is after shipping and exchange rates, the total will be close to $32 Canadian. I'm cheap, and I don't want to spend $32 on an otherwise $13 item lol. It is still cheaper than buying from resellers though.

Gamecubed

Sisilly_G

@MegaTen : Considering that we live in an age of large flatscreen and/or wall-mounted TVs, it is stupidly shortsighted of Nintendo to have not considered this in the design of the Classic Mini consoles (whether that entailed a wireless controller or a longer cable).

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal I have the cables for my SNES as well, and also a mains adapter for the USB cable, but I want to keep each set up separate, so I'm going to get the same additions for my NES Mini as well. It's easier if each set has its own cables.

@Silly_G I think that for most people that want this because of true "retro reasons", the cabled controllers are actually part of it, because that is how it was, and to correctly relive that moment, we can't go using wireless controllers. It's all part of that retro charm...

Much like the in my opinion rather irrelevant demand that the Minis should have some kind of internet connection and eShop, which is also not the point of these devices.

I do agree on the ridiculously short cables, though. Cheap as they may be, we should not have to pay for extension cables ourselves. The package should have been complete as is.

But having said that, I think that a possible reason why the cables are so short on both the NES and SNES Mini, may also be because of a true retro feel: either sitting on the ground, in front of your TV, or at least being real close to the TV, like so many kids did, back in the day, and that was also what you saw in many add campaigns in magazines and on TV.

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal I modded my SNES Mini, and will do the same to the NES Mini. That gives you a button combo reset by default.

Illusion

In my mancave, my gaming chair is a couple feet away from my NES classic and 36in 720p LCD.
When I drag it out into the main living room, I play on the floor in front of the 65in HDR for the classic feel-sugary snacks and drink included. My TVs got bigger and sharper though, but that's what CRT mode is for. 😁

Illusion

NintendoPete

Gamecubed wrote:

@NintendoPete For me, the issue with buying from Amazon Germany (or Spain/UK/France/etc.) is after shipping and exchange rates, the total will be close to $32 Canadian. I'm cheap, and I don't want to spend $32 on an otherwise $13 item lol. It is still cheaper than buying from resellers though.

I see - in that case I would probably wait just like you. Wish you luck!

NintendoPete

Ryu_Niiyama

Got two! One online and the second I went to GS physically and was third in line. GS locked down my online purchase so I couldnt cancel. I don't believe in scalping so I'm just giving it to some friends (Brothers and they live in the same house...and run a game store) as a thank you for helping me get my games out of storage.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NESlover85

Woohoo! I finally got an extra controller!

In the year of 198X, a super gamer named NESlover85 was created...

3DS Friend Code: 4940-6777-7430 | Nintendo Network ID: NESlover85

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.