Forums

Topic: NES Classic Edition

Posts 341 to 360 of 408

NaviAndMii

Not going to allow myself to get my hopes up quite yet - the pessimist in me is preparing for 'NES scalper wave 2' ..but it certainly makes for a nice shift from their usual 'scalper? what's a scalper?!' mantra!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Luna_110

Thank goodness I got my Mini Nes in the first wave.... because between this, the Switch and the Mini SNES it's going to be a festival for the scalpels.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

GingerBloke

I don't know if it's poor manners to join a forum just to try and get a problem solved, but here I am.

I live in the UK and I've just got my hands on a NES Mini, which is nice. I had heard there can be a problem with the console powering off by itself (not the sixty minute power save mode) and it's now happened to me a couple of times.

Has anyone managed to confirm the reason why it happens?

Some have said it's from using an AC adaptor that isn't drawing enough power, others that it's to do with using an HDMI splitter, and others have said it happens if you're using unofficial third party controllers.

Typically, I am using both an HDMI splitter and two third party controllers (because of the short cable controller that came with the NES Mini). The AC adaptor I'm using is 5V/2.1A (the 2.1A split between its two USB sockets) which I assume should be okay.

When the console powered down a couple of times I switched to plugging the power cable into the USB socket on my television, which seems to work okay so far, but I've been told most television USB sockets only provide around 0.8A - 1A so I don't know if this is enough and I might be damaging my television to continue powering the NES Mini via that socket.

The make and model of the television I'm using is a Hitachi 22" 22HBC06U. I've looked online for information on the power output for the USB socket on it and come up blank. Hitachi weren't very helpful either.

So... any thoughts, information or solutions? Would be much appreciated.

GingerBloke

Bezbot

The NES Classic Edition has been confirmed to come back in Summer 2018! It says on the site (https://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic/) on the very bottom next to the price.

Personally I was never able to get one despite wanting one. I refused to pay scalpers for it and looks like it payed off. Hopefully there will be enough stock this time around for me to buy one. I've seen a lot of SNES Classic Editions around and I managed to pick that up easily so I'll keep hoping.

Bezbot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro

Bezbot

@DarthNocturnal I knew they confirmed it was coming back, but never heard a release window of the Summer before. Anyway I'm waiting here for pre-orders. Hopefully they will do them, despite it already releasing before, because then I will for sure get it at launch as opposed to worrying I won't get one at all.

Bezbot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro

Lroy

After the positive experience I've had with the SNES Mini, I'm hoping to get my hands on a NES Mini in the not too distant future. Fingers crossed the re-stocks continue throughout the rest of 2018. I'd also love an announcement for an N64 Mini.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast ๐Ÿ•น | ๐Ÿš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

@DarthNocturnal I'm UK based. It's meant to be a birthday present - still a few months away - but I may order one myself in the near future from Nintendo UK online store. Just to be sure ๐Ÿ˜‚

Lroy

Lroy wrote:

@DarthNocturnal I'm UK based. It's meant to be a birthday present - still a few months away - but I may order one myself in the near future from Nintendo UK online store. Just to be sure ๐Ÿ˜‚

Now ordered and already got shipping email. My NES Classic Mini will be arriving before the end of June ๐Ÿ‘

gcunit

Flies on you guys. Argos have already delivered mine, and Nintendo.co.uk has already delivered my extra controller

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Maxz

If anyone managed to pick an a SNES Classic Mini and is finding the NES controllers a bit short, you can use the SNES ones instead.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Lroy

gcunit wrote:

Flies on you guys. Argos have already delivered mine, and Nintendo.co.uk has already delivered my extra controller

Nice. What games you thinking of adding or what games you most looking forward to playing through?

Lroy

Maxz wrote:

If anyone managed to pick an a SNES Classic Mini had is finding the NES controllers a bit short, you can use the SNES Ines instead.

Yeah, I read about that last night. Hadn't realised you could do that. Good to know.

Sisilly_G

You should also be able to use Wii Classic Controllers as well, however their cables are horribly short.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Lroy

I believe you can also use a cordless controller by 8-Bit Do for both Mini systems using a dongle you plug into either Mini?

Bezbot

I know I said before I wanted one and was waiting for pre-orders, but now I don't really feel like I want one. I can't pre-order it so I'll have to go "hunting" for some and I honestly don't think it's worth it. The biggest reason I won't be picking it up though is due to Nintendo Switch Online. I'm definitely getting that and there will be 20 NES games at the launch of it in December and of the 10 we know about, it's pretty much all the games I was looking forward to trying out on the Classic. So I won't be buying one (unless I happen to see it in the wild) because I don't see any real reason to besides collectors and stuff.

Bezbot

Lroy

Mine arrived today. Lightning fast delivery. Bravo Nintendo UK ๐Ÿ‘

Vifa

Nintendo says it will return on the 29th, but it seems like it is already out?
Are there any difference between the 2016 release and the recently released Mini NES?

Vifa

Lroy

From my limited first-play time with the NES Mini so far, I'd say all is great as expected aside from, to my eyes at least, the CRT filter image settings is noticeably worse on the NES Mini than it is on the SNES Mini?!

I know the it's all in the eye of the beholder but I found the CRT filter option on the SNES Mini to give the most appealing image for me. However, with the NES Mini I'm currently favouring the 4:3 setting.

Could be down to the fact I was sat closer to the TV - shorter controller cable on NES Mini - or perhaps Nintendo have improved the emulation/image settings under the hood for the SNES Mini?

Lroy

Vifa wrote:

Nintendo says it will return on the 29th, but it seems like it is already out?
Are there any difference between the 2016 release and the recently released Mini NES?

Not sure this is relevant to your question but may be of note to anyone intending to mod/hack their (new restocked) NES Mini.

I downloaded the appropriate software (again, I have it already installed and set-up in a folder for my SNES Mini) and when I did the usual procedure, I actually got a 'checksum unknown' message at the kernel dumping stage. Now like I say, I've already dumped a SNES Mini Kernel but using a different designated folder for the software. So anyway; like I said I ran a separate install and folder for the hack software for this new NES Mini. I proceeded on despite the error message and everything appears to be working as it should.

My understanding is that this checksum error is either because I already have the software installed elsewhere on my Laptop and used it for my SNES Mini and some conflict regarding the kernel being dumped has been caused.

Or perhaps more likely, that my NES Mini actually shipped with a modified stock kernel than that which has been on the systems before?!

Either way, from the brief research I've done on the internet, all should still work fine. But will report back if I do run into any issues adding/removing games further down the line.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.