Forums

Topic: NES Classic Edition

Posts 121 to 140 of 408

Henmii

@skywake,

Thanks for the answers! Since my laptop does have a hdmi port I suspected I could connect the device to my laptop and make it work somehow. But maybe that's not the case?

Bottomline: It seems a hd-tv is the only option for this device. A pity since I do not want to buy a hd tv just yet. I wonder what this means for Switch. I most likely will use it as a portable, so no problems there. However, it must be possible for me to power it. Personally I hope I can plug it straight in the electricity-socket, just as was the case with the Wii u!

Henmii

Luna_110

They opened preorders for the Mini NES here in Chile... at double the price!! At almost 120 USD!!!

No way in hell I'm getting it at that price. I'll see if I can snag one when I go to the US next year, if not I'll pass. Nintendo really needs to get its game together in Latin America and open a office here somewhere to not depend on retailers importing the damn things or the little representation offices getting minimal stock that leads to this prices!

End rant..... Sorry for that guys, it just pissed me off.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

LzWinky

Probably not a good enough market to open a branch down there.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Monkey_Balls

Feel sorry for the folk still waiting on orders to open (or even exist). I received my mini NES yesterday, two days before official launch. Thank you, Nintendo UK.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Tasuki

I figured Nintendo was going to pull the same crap they did with the Gamecube Wii U adapter and the first round of Amiibos and not produce a whole lot. I wonder if they are secretly working with scalpers at times.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@DarthNocturnal I wouldn't call 10 learning their lesson, now if it had been 50 then maybe. But still I don't get what Nintendo has to gain by doing this kind of b.s. They say they don't want scalpers doing what they do yet with such a low production amount on a hot item they are basically allowing them to do just that.

My Backlog

WebHead

So safe to say Nintendo is going for the whole high in demand yet hard to find thing?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Xyphon22

I just drove by a Gamestop that opens in about an hour and saw a line of probably 15-20 people standing outside. Is there anything else coming out today that they could be waiting for (I don't follow XBONE and PS4 stuff much)? If not, that's a little crazy.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

veeflames

@Xyphon22 Didn't the PS4 Pro come out yesterday or so?
Or they could be waiting in line for the NES Mini... 😄😄 That comes out today, right?

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Shinion

Enjoy your PAC-MANs and your Super Mario Brothers guys who manage to get this, not interested personally but I hope y'all have fun. Don't forget about Mega Man 2, best NES game.

Shinion

KingMike

Got to a nearby GameStop like 20 minutes after it opened and it was already gone.
They suggested another location but I was like "it would be cool if I got one but I'm not too worried." Probably not worth the chase unless you're REALLY desperate.
Just have to wait until Nintendo hopefully makes more.

Did end up with a Pit amiibo and a loose SoulSilver (kind of hard to find at an okay price, but it checked out legit. Too bad the previous owner basically erased his save. No free mon for me.)

KingMike

DefHalan

I went to target 6 minutes after they opened... they were sold out. I guess no NES Classic for me, but I saw a little girl with her Dad, and she was so excited. Glad to see younger generations taking an interest in games from before I was born lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Tasuki

KingMike wrote:

Got to a nearby GameStop like 20 minutes after it opened and it was already gone.
They suggested another location but I was like "it would be cool if I got one but I'm not too worried." Probably not worth the chase unless you're REALLY desperate.
Just have to wait until Nintendo hopefully makes more.

That's basic what I thought too. It would be cool to have, but honestly I have other ways to play alot of those games, either the original cartridges, or on VC or even emulation. I just can't believe how dumb Nintendo is when it comes to marketing.

My Backlog

LzWinky

What does this have to do with marketing?

The NES classic edition is apparently coming out in multiple shipments. We just missed the first one.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ogo79

$uper $calper bro$ $ixty four

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

My brother just picked up the one he reserved for me, I won't actually get it any time soon though; he lives in another state.

But hey, I kinda have one!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

@bezerker99
zerk!
how much the gatorade son?
ill take it!
it should be cheaper than regular gatorade because its low calorie.
low on calorie low on my wallet

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.