Forums

Topic: My GBA SP (AGS-101) Won't Save!

Posts 1 to 20 of 22

Moviefan2k4

I got this handheld system a few months ago, but never was able to play it until I picked up "Metroid Zero Mission" tonight. I snapped it in place, and everything worked fine, until I tried saving at the first location in the game. I turned it off, powered up after a few seconds, and the data was gone! This happened 3 times over about ten minutes; anyone have a solution?

God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.

Tasuki

I think thats more the game than the system. Back than save states didnt happen on the system themsleves but on the games. Your game probably has a bad battery. YOu can see on Youtube how to replace a battery in a game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Midnight3DS

Yeah, those cart batteries die. I remember experiencing this way back when My Joe Montana Football on Genesis wouldn't save anymore. That was a bummer.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Moviefan2k4

I also read that my copy of the game might be fake; does anyone have this cart?

Untitled

the_shpydar

You may have a pirated cart. They are notorious for having failing-save problems.

I think that's actually more likely than it being a dead battery.

EDIT: That label is suspect ... I have an official cart, and it looks like this:
Untitled

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

I am not sure since I have never owned the game but all the pics I see for the NA Metroid Zero Mission show a blue label with the name on it rather than a picture of Samus.

My Backlog

Moviefan2k4

the_shpydar wrote:

You may have a pirated cart. They are notorious for having failing-save problems.

I think that's actually more likely than it being a dead battery.

I just checked the model number of my cart online; it seems to be a phony. That ticks me off.

Edited on by Moviefan2k4

Tasuki

You can tell the difference also by the ESRB tag as well, you can see the difference between the two in the two pics. Not sure where you got your game at but I would return it and if it was from ebay I would report the seller.

My Backlog

Moviefan2k4

Tasuki wrote:

You can tell the difference also by the ESRB tag as well, you can see the difference between the two in the two pics. Not sure where you got your game at but I would return it and if it was from ebay I would report the seller.

I got that cart from a local place called the Movie Trading Company, and will be returning it today.

KingMike

My guess is that like GameStop, they just don't know a convincing pirate (one that has a ESRB rating, Nintendo logo and Official Seal) from an authentic.
(though a tip-off would be that it says "Licensed by Nintendo". Nintendo doesn't license their own games. )

KingMike

LinktotheFuture

Hope you get your money back.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

Geonjaha

The good news is that your rare AGS-101 is working perfectly!

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

LinktotheFuture

There are a couple of the fake cartridges on eBay right now.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

LzWinky

The pirated copy also says "Licensed by Nintendo"

I didn't realize Nintendo licensed themselves to use their own games

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ogo79

@Moviefan2k4
that copy is a fake, you can find out more from various sites, take shpys copy for example, AGB-BMXE-USA. look that up and look up your "AGB-AMRE-USA"
also the batery youll most likely need as a cr-1616
http://solgathsforums.editboard.com/t89-obsidian-s-guide-to-r...
also, you would be surprised to see how many gba games have "better artwork" on the fake carts than the official carts...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

id also like to add i like fried pork chops

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Moviefan2k4

I found another location of the same store chain today, and they swapped out the pirated copy for a real one. They also said they'd throw the phony cart away, since they can't even send it back to Nintendo.

Xilef

The amount of fake Gameboy games out there is redicolous. It's annoying. When i find a box of GB games for sale the biggest challange is often to find one that is not pirated.

Xilef

KiwiPanda

Tasuki wrote:

You can tell the difference also by the ESRB tag as well, you can see the difference between the two in the two pics.

Out of what I've seen amongst bootlegs, that's what I usually find tripped up. Or, at least, that's the first thing I notice is screwed up.

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.