Forums

Topic: Most successful games you didn't like

Posts 161 to 164 of 164

nintendogamerftw

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Super Mario Sunshine- This game is ridiculous. This is not a Mario game. The clunky camera angles, the missions, the secrets and blue coins scattered all over Delfino Square and everywhere else is lazy developing, F.L.U.D.D. is a stupid idea and all his little power ups are just ridiculous and unnecessary just like the game in general, and well I could go on and on about how I hate this game.

Finally, someone agrees with me about this. Almost everyone I know praises this game beyond belief. It just doesn't deserve this praise on account of all the issues with the controls, camera, and gameplay in general. I could probably add a couple more reasons to his list. But I don't have the kind of time to type all of them.

Edited on by nintendogamerftw

"'What am I fighting for!!!" -Zero
Nintengamerftw's Backloggery
PSN ID: Nintengamerftw
White FC: 0003 2698 1334

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I had a bad first impression with Sunshine, and I'll agree that for all anyone cares it could've been an entirely different game. They must've been working on a game and decided to add Mario at the last minute (a la Star Fox Adventures). It's a great game, but not at all Mario.

It was because of this that I sought out a more traditional Mario game and, lo and behold, Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. If not for Sunshine, I wound never have known there was a Mario RPG series.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Bass_X0

I didn't really enjoy the Golden Sun or Advance Wars that much. I enjoyed them a little but not enough to want to keep playing them for too long or continue with the series.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

J_K

Advance Wars and the Ogre Battle/Tactics series games. While I can find fun in them when it's human on human, when it comes down to person vs CPU they're the most disgustingly games on the market. MIght as well play a game of Mario Tennis with no strings in my racket, or perhaps do some Street Fighter II earplugged and blindfolded. Advance Wars is an easy comparison study though because the very first one says in the manual 'fog of war blinds all players on the field from seeing any further than their given range of 'vision' that's listed.' When you're in the trainer missions, there's one on this subject and on screen repeats the fact. That battle does work the same, I tested it, even by going out of my way to get stalked and baked as I got angry and curious. Why? About a 1/3 into the game you got to deal with Eagle the enemy and his airforce of bombers, and you're primarily on the ground. No matter where I'd move my units, no matter what I'd do, amazingly on the same amount of turns he'd pop in on whatever shortest distance possible and carpet bomb the crap out of my guys. I eventually beat it with sheer luck, even the stupid 'Advance Power magazine' or whatever that freebie Nintendo Power put out said he couldn't see me and backed up the manual/trainer text...but he did. It infuriated me to no end. Ultimately I ended up buying the game twice (cheap very much so a 2nd time) and I took it that 2nd time to the next fog of war map, a huge one with I think Olaf(boat guy), Kanbei, and again Eagle. And again, it was him alone that could zero in with minimum turns as if the map were exposed and that's when I never ended up touching the series again. The CPUs cheat in that stuff, as I've seen it again(earlier) on the SNES 'Ogre' series, and also with the even earlier Nectaris/Military Madness on Win9x and TG16. I'll never understand why anyone loves to take that kind of S&M like videogaming beating and come back for more unless they're in it to play with buddies because only then it works.

Edited on by theblackdragon

My Stuff - http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html
The Gamer Theory Forums - http://forums.gamertheory.com/

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.