Forums

Topic: Mini Consoles Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 220

Matthew010

I asked you in your last thread to limit the amount of images you used.

Matthew010

NintendoByNature

@AVGN I would reach out to customer support. I think they all got delayed last i heard a few weeks back..

NintendoByNature

Zuljaras

Just got my 3rd mini! The NES. I already made a list of the games I want on it. from ALL NES games I picked 68 and they will be immortalized on the little machine

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Unless you really don't know or like any more games than that, you could easily fit three to four times that amount and still have enough space for full rows of save slots for each game, seeing as the flash-based storage chip in the NES Mini, is the exact same as that in the SNES Mini.

With the original games already on there, I've got 102 games on my SNES Mini, but as you'll undoubtedly know, the size difference in ROMs between SNES and NES is rather big, with SNES ROMs ranging from 1MB to 3MB, whereas NES ROMs are only between 256KB and 512KB, so for every single SNES ROM, you could easily fit 4 to 5 NES ROMs.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Yes I know. I just went through ALL NES games in one video and chose those I knew and those that I am interested in.
I will do this again with SNES and the PS1 again since I put only games I knew there.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras I've made a combo of games I know and love, and the so-called must haves. I also do this with physical copies of my games: for each of my consoles and handhelds, I own the must-have titles, or titles that are exclusive and/or belong to that particular system.

So, for example, I would consider it completely unthinkable to NOT have a Mario Kart game for each of my Nintendo systems, and the same goes for Halo, Forza and Gears on my Xbox consoles. But hey, that's just me. Ultimately, you should just do whatever you want with it.

On a completely unrelated side note: how's the cyclops coming along?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I just can't buy games that I know I will not like. For example I really dislike (if not hate) sports games and racing games. I just detest them. But Forza really looks nice (I mean I like the looks of it).

As for Mario Kart … I want to play it. Like it is not a racing game! There is something about it but still I do not have even one Mario Kart.

Also I have very limited threshold for cute games. I dislike cure games but the exceptions are phenomenal Bubble Bobble, Pokémon, Animal Crossing. They are really cute and I like them. Can't explain it!

As for the cyclops, it is on hold for the moment because I have some work to do. But probably tomorrow or the days after I will try to finish it!

Zeldafan79

Hey guys have any of you bought the new turbo grafx mini? I didn't think it was out yet but I've been seeing all these reviews popping up online recently like people already have it. How are they getting the thing? I thought i heard a while back it was delayed indefinitely due to this Covid BS. Anyway is it out or not? Me wantee!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Zeldafan79

@Tasuki
Thanks! Still though i wonder if it's eventually going to be released in the US? I can't even get orders from Ebay to work right now because they won't even ship anything due to this virus crap. I tried ordering a game from there and the status says shipped but i haven't gotten my order and i made it two weeks ago. Kinda wondering if i should even bother right now.

Tasuki

@Zeldafan79 I haven't heard if they are not releasing it in the US just that it's delayed hence why people are going to Amazon Japan to get it. As for your shipping problems that's something else entirely.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

KingMike

I still have the TG16 Mini preordered from amazon US so I'm getting it whenever it comes.

Think it will go good next to my Genesis and SNES Minis.
(which I am keeping intact, since it's more of a novelty thing. I have actual consoles and carts, along with flashcarts, or emulators, for playing every game ever created if I felt like it. )

KingMike

KingMike

Wow... am I the only one now getting updated expected TG16M ship date from amazon for NEXT YEAR?!
(I mean I was anticipating maybe a couple more months or something that the pandemic was supposed to last but... wow... )

KingMike

monetarriel

Does anybody remember/know the name of that console that was kind of shaped like an old school gameboy and you could watch tv shows on it? Or was that just a fever dream 🥴🤦🏽‍♀️

monetarriel

Zeldafan79

Kinda sucks they never made an N64 mini but i can see why. That was the point where Nintendo started losing ground to the other companies. Ain't it funny how the N64 was laughed at for sticking with carts and the Sony pony's bragged about the games being better on playstation because they were on discs?
Back then Nintendo had the more powerful machine but kinds were still like but playstation is better cause discs! Nintendo is for babies! Bleh bleh bleh!

These days it's all like HEY KIDS! Want the coolest hippest gaming console ever!? Then get the ultra omega gamestation 5000! It's got UNLIMITED POWER! Oh and gore too! You kids like gore don't ya?

I guess ultimate power wasn't the biggest drawn back then.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

MarioBrickLayer

@Slowdive if any work was done on a N64 Mini it probably stopped around the proof of concept stage.

Nintendo could easily make one, but not at an acceptable price point, the cheap system on a chip used for the NES and SNES minis can't handle N64 graphics and the ones capable are (were?) too expensive. Hopefully we'll see one in the next few years.

MarioBrickLayer

Matt_Barber

Yeah, the N64 is just starting to get into the era where re-creating the controllers and emulation gets a bit tricky.

You've only got to look at the reception that the PlayStation Classic got to see how it likely would have turned out had they pushed ahead with it.

Matt_Barber

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic