Forums

Topic: For the love of Metroid

Posts 161 to 165 of 165

misswliu81

Faron wrote:

They should give the player more freedom to move and explore. There were way too much invisible walls in Other M. Improve physics in general. Different movements should also feel more "free", and not like the game is controlling your character. You should be able to move however you like when swinging with grapple beam, etc.

it would be nice to have more of that freedom, as the metroid series is about exploration more-so than blasting bad guys with samus's arm cannon. but yes, good points there. to move around in a 3D environment without any constraints is something they need to take on board and to apply this game play mechanic to the series.

another thing i disliked about other M was the whole 'concentration' thing when replenishing lost health. i thought that was just absurd.

Edited on by misswliu81

misswliu81

I-U

misswliu81 wrote:

it would be nice to have more of that freedom, as the metroid series is about exploration more-so than blasting bad guys with samus's arm cannon.

I'm really hoping that the next Metroid is the most open of them all in terms of exploration. I'm currently playing Xenoblade right now, and Metroid as a series is not even close to that game's level of exploration. If Metroid is more about exploring, it needs to be designed with that in mind, as currently I would argue the series is more about blasting away enemies to save the galaxy and has been since Metroid came back after Super Metroid.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

CloudStrife

I hope we get a Metroid game like Other M.

3DS: 0044-3027-0835
Youtube:PippieHippieZippie

misswliu81

I-U wrote:

I'm really hoping that the next Metroid is the most open of them all in terms of exploration. I'm currently playing Xenoblade right now, and Metroid as a series is not even close to that game's level of exploration. If Metroid is more about exploring, it needs to be designed with that in mind, as currently I would argue the series is more about blasting away enemies to save the galaxy and has been since Metroid came back after Super Metroid.

the last 2 metroid games: other M and fusion were very linear in terms of gameplay. it needs to flesh out a bit more in that. xenoblade is brilliant and yes, the amount of free space where you can just wander around and discover new items, environments is incredibly huge. i do think that the prime series did go out of its way in encompassing more of that exploration gameplay, moreso than any other entry in the metroid series.

misswliu81

MetroidMasher17

Heh...I was looking at the official Nintendo facebook page a while ago and it turns out that someone posted something celebrating Metroid's 25th. It's something. I'd give you a link, but I forgot where it is exactly .

When all else fails, eat a taco.
Ambassador 3DS FC: 1547-5190-9222. Add me as President.
3DS XL FC: 1805-3458-8557. Add me as Prez XL.
Wii FC: 6254-0837-9183-8871.
passid.ca/MM17
Nintendo Network ID: President64

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5190-9222 | Nintendo Network ID: President64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.