Forums

Topic: Majority of Gamers Today Can’t Finish Level 1 in Super Mario Bros. (Satire article)

Posts 81 to 90 of 90

JGMR

Karakato wrote:

That's the thing. You can't force your opinions into others' mouths.

Could say the same thing. But it is easier to pick on one person who's really concerned about a certain subject when you're hiding yourself into a passive crowd.

With kind regards,

JGMR

JGMR

MikeDanger wrote:

JGMR wrote:

FPS games:

Untitled

I could swear this pic also works for FF13 and MGS4.

Just follow the straight line! LOL

With kind regards,

JGMR

theblackdragon

@World: haha, talking about it is taking me back to those days for srs! i remember the last machine i knew that arcade got was an In The Groove 2 machine (i think it was 2 because it had the r21 patch), i remember that was the patch that let us bring in our own songs and modified stepcharts). that was back before the lawsuit by Konami that shut that company down. I loved that machine, not only because it let you track how many calories you'd burned and stuff, i also really remember liking the songs it actually had as part of the game.

I haven't played any version of DDR beyond 8th mix because i haven't been around an arcade that actually had a machine — there was one downtown here near my job#2, but as soon as i discovered it the place shut down. i miss playing DDR on an honest arcade machine so hard. I did used to have a nice home stage that was made out of metal and stuff, but it didn't have a bar... i needs me a bar to play harder songs D:
yes i'm a bar hugger D:

anyway, good luck to you now that i've put the seed into your head :3 I'm sure you can find some routines up on YouTube that can give you ideas for moves and stuff. just be careful, home mats and cheap stages aren't really ideal for actual dancing (or playing, for that matter...) — be careful not to hurt yourself on a pad or home stage :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

KarrotMan

JGMR wrote:

Could say the same thing. But it is easier to pick on one person who's really concerned about a certain subject when you're hiding yourself into a passive crowd.

You're over thinking this, So what if recent games aren't as "challenging" and cater to a wider audience? If you have strong feelings about a certain subject, that's fine but don't complain about us not agreeing with you're opinions. Were not passive, the game industry isn't declining moreso it is progressing to match the preferences of the "current crowd". If you don't agree with that, again that's fine, there is a huge backlog of past Challenging games that can last you a lifetime.

Ps- I want to ask, do you have a steam account? Lot's of indie games out there that cater to the niche crowd that certainly offer a great deal of challenge.

Edited on by KarrotMan

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

World

@theblackdragon Yes, In the Groove! Sometimes I forget about that one. My husband and I sometimes play the machine that still exists at the arcade near where we live now, but mostly he just plays three reps of "This Is Rock 'n' Roll" before running out of steam so I get a lot more plays out of it for our money than I normally would! That same arcade has a cabinet for DDR Supernova, which is great for playing with less avid DDR fans because the scoring is quite a bit more forgiving. Of course, it's not that much more forgiving for those less skilled. But the difference between F and D is tremendous when you pay for every round.

No harm in hugging the bar! I never got into the habit, but I was also always afraid it'd just snap off.

Heh, I was just thinking I'd play around with one of the slower songs. I almost feel like playing it on doubles would be a decent "sketchpad" for developing new dance routines. I cannot believe I hadn't considered this.

But assuming I don't get injured right away, my choreography sights are set on you..."Heaven Is A '57 Metallic Grey."

World

theblackdragon

@World: losing songs is actually why we all started grouping together to play, since one player who passes will carry the other if they fail (and even if you both suck at a given song or difficulty level, as long as you don't lose all your life at the same time you can still make it back up if you're quick while the other person's doing OK :3) I also remember studying stepcharts, DDRFreak.com used to have all kinds of stepcharts available, looking them over in my off-time really helped me to figure out foot placement and which moves i could use for songs on harder difficulties when i was having trouble. i was friends with the people who ran the arcade, so they got me quite a bit of free playtime when their bosses weren't looking, but i still put a lot of money into their machines over the years and i totally understand the drain on your wallet arcade playing can be :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

World

@JGMR A lot of it is just better technology. Many of those "hard" games you sigh for were just incredibly limited. Sure Mega Man 2 is great, but it would have been made today with select-able difficulties because most people would be easily frustrated and thus Capcom would lose tons of money.

I wouldn't consider the "hard" spoken of in this video as "hard." This just sounds like asking for a natural curve of difficulty with minimal guidance.

But it's possible that today's indie games provide a more "authentic" challenge because they at least theoretically have access to technology to free themselves from limitations like no continues. What do you think? Do you play indie (and otherwise low-budget) games?

Edited on by World

World

World

@theblackdragon That is a good idea. In the arcades, I always always afraid to go beyond Standard because I didn't want to waste my money with losing. Of course, that then led to Max 300 constantly getting unlocked and me losing anyway, but it was still fun. Although I still get shivers when I see a spiked ball or a man in a military cap running in place.

One thing I did like about the arcade was how sometimes people would come up and ask to play with me. I remember this one guy in particular who said he didn't want to compete, he was just there to have some fun.

Then we proceeded to do a rousing set of R3/Holic/R3 (without smashing the panels, I might add).

Now I think I miss the arcade too!

World

GottzGaming

@AlexSays @Klimbatize hey Cut @JGMR some slack here!!! He his points are completely true I agree with all of them! Seriously its all a matter of expectations going up since consoles have been innovating since the 80's

GottzGaming

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.