Forums

Topic: Just got StarFox for the SNES

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

It was expensive at $20, but I figured it wouldn't be coming to the VC anytime soon, so I picked it up. It rocks! The game looks like an updated Battlezone. I tried Training first, and it really helped, except that I couldn't stay in formation. I also sold a GameCube memory card and a Playstation Mega Memory Card for $2 total. I don't need the GC memory card because I already have a larger one. My PS2 memory card accounts for original Playstation games, so I don't need the Mega Memory Card anymore.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Poochy123

You kind of got ripped off on both ends of that deal. You can easily find StarFox for the SNES for under $10 (even in stores) and your memory cards are worth more than a buck a piece. It's also my personal opinion that StarFox for the SNES is a pretty bad game, at least by todays standards. It doesn't hold a candle to SF64, but it's still nice to see where the series got its start. Anyways, if you've got the white GC memory card (I think it's the 1046 or something like that) and are using it on a Wii, be careful. Me and two of my friends had that memory card and used it in our Wiis and all three of us had our memory cards corrupted. Just a little warning...hope the same doesn't happen with yours.

Check out my Classic Video Game blog:
The Time Traveling Gamers
Currently Playing: Super Metroid,Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure, Super Mario Sunshine, and Bit.Trip Runner.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I sold the grey GC memory card because I bought the black one a few months ago. Again, the game is excellent. Sure it's bad compared to its successors, but isn't that the same with many games?

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

theblackdragon

i don't think i've ever managed to stay in formation, lol, though if you manage to go through 100 rings without messing up once, General Pepper tells you to get out of training mode already and go fight the real bad guys, or something like that.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Poochy123

Glad to hear you have the black GC memory card...it was the white one that gave my friends and I trouble! I suppose you're right, however, StarFox 64 was really the pinnacle of the franchise. SF Adventures for the GC was actually a decent game, but it was just like a Zelda clone with SF characters. SF Assault for the cube was just terrible though...I can't believe Rare actually had something to do with that game—they used to be such a great developer. Anyways, I'd love to see them bring some classic SF action to the Wii...I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes.

Check out my Classic Video Game blog:
The Time Traveling Gamers
Currently Playing: Super Metroid,Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure, Super Mario Sunshine, and Bit.Trip Runner.

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Star Fox has a nostalgic feel to it while still having all the basic elements of the series.
Star Fox 64 is more modern, but only enhances what the first game had
Star Fox Adventures, as has been said, is a Zelda clone
Star Fox Assault is awesome, alternating between Arwing, Landmaster, and on foot.

I guess I'm a different kind of gamer.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.