Forums

Topic: Japanese Pokémon Gold Cartridge

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

Late

Hi everybody. I have one question about my Japanese Pokémon Gold. I'm trying to solve if my game is real. I'm pretty sure it is but there's one thing that raises some questions in my head. My Pokémon Gold cartridge is blue which shouldn't matter but what does 34A mean? Here's a picture of my cartridge: Gold
34A appears next to Ho-oh's head. I'm pretty sure I don't have letters or numbers like that on my other cartridges.
Would someone like to help me out and say what they mean?

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

theblackdragon

http://www.gameofjapan.com/popup_image.php?pID=11523
http://www.vendio.com/stores/ikemengamer/item/wholesale-lots-...

I'm not sure what's going on, but neither of these images above show that '34A' mark on the official cartridge artwork (the latter example is blurry but that spot is smooth and looks unmarked to me). Very strange. I was able to find an auction for a Japanese Gold cartridge (no box, no manual) on eBay featuring the exact same '34A' mark, so I'm assuming yours didn't have a box or manual either? Those would be important clues if I'm assuming wrong... :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Geonjaha

Dont worry - it's authentic. The real games have numbers imprinted onto the cartridge.
This video should point that out and show some other ways you can check if you're unsure.

2:48 onwards is what you're talking about.
Obviously this video is showing GBA and not GBC games - but I assume the rule would still apply.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

theblackdragon

It's a shame these games are counterfeited so often that we're this unsure of a cartridge's authenticity

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Late

Thanks to both of you. I tried googling all around the internet to find information about those numbers but never thought about taking a look at Youtube videos. Now that I take a second look at my other games I can see numbers on them too. I just needed some light and move cartridges a little to find the numbers.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

KingMike

Official games did have numbers imprinted the carts.
It's speculated those were to help Nintendo identify what factory made that particular cart (such as if they got a bunch of carts returned as defective).

KingMike

Wheels2050

Yeah as KingMike said, the labels should have numbers punched in. I've only looked at judging the authenticity of GBA carts, but it's fairly easy to check once you know what to look for.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

R-L-A-George

Hmmm... There have been people that got a hold of test or review carts of games before but that is rare to happen.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.