Forums

Topic: Is this the rarest Gamecube game ever? £750??!!

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

babybowser999

OK, so I'm a huge Nintendo collector, with GameCube-era stuff my favourite, but I've never really paid any attention to what this ebay auction calls 'ultra rare' 'official rental copies' of GameCube games. can anyone help me out - are these actually really rare/worth having or is the seller just deluded/trying to get a sale? cheers
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261270097538?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX...

Edited on by LzWinky

babybowser999

CaviarMeths

I am 100% certain that this game is identical in content to the regular version of SMS.

But this:

This edition has been produced by Nintendo themselves - complete with Nintendo's own 'Authorised for Rental' seal which is on the disc itself - a close-up picture of this seal is impossible due to its' reflective qualities.

Is bollocks. It's not 'impossible' to take a picture of a shiny object. I would consider that a red flag.

But even if it is completely legit, no, this item is not worth £750. Thousands of copies of this item would exist in the UK alone. 10 years ago you could probably find it in a 'previously played' bargain bin at video game rental shop for £5.

Unless you are super into the novelty of owning an item that once sat on a rental shelf and was played by a few hundred 10 year olds. Like, ridiculously into it, cuz that crap's £750, yo.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SkywardLink98

I'm pretty sure the seller is lying to you. I'd bet that there were plenty of rental copies, and even if there is only one in the world, do you really want to pay $750 for a used copy of a game you could get for $40?

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Knuckles

@CaviarMeths Its sad that I thought of the SEGA Master System before Super Mario Sunshine. Both are SMS.

And don't buy it. The only way that game would be worth its asking price is if it was never opened, in the original packaging, and signed by Miyamoto.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Nintenjoe64

I am pretty sure that the only added feature of ex-rental games is the scratches.

I have a near mint "Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt" and some other slightly obscure SNES games at home and there's always one joker who prices them at £999

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

8BitSamurai

There's no way it's worth that. The only way a copy of SMS is worth that much is if it was the first copy off the line, still sealed, and comes with a personally autographed memento by Miyamoto, (As Knuckles stated)

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

Betelgroose

Considering that I got a copy of SMS 2 years ago for less than $10 and the GameStop I got it from had about 10 copies. I seriously doubt that it's worth anywhere close to that much

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

GuSolarFlare

if it works fine it might be the rarest gamecube game ever, as rental copies are almost impossible to find without any kind of problem due to excessive wear!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Happy_Mask

Knuckles wrote:

And don't buy it. The only way that game would be worth its asking price is if it was never opened, in the original packaging, and signed by Miyamoto.

Even it were kissed by Miyamoto, and was some sort of prototype, £750 is ludicrous.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

unrandomsam

None bootleg versions of Ginga Fukei Densetsu: Sapphire go for loads of money.

As do AES carts. Most of the AES carts on Ebay are likely conversions though. The scalpers their are not in the business of losing money only defrauding people.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.