Forums

Topic: I have a ridiculous request

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Zyzzybalubah

My friend and I got into an argument over whether or not you could trade your starting pokemon right away in the original red and blue. Now I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure that you couldn't trade with one pokemon in your party and that you needed to catch another one, but my friend is CONVINCED that you can just trade it away. Can someone here prove to me with a picture, a video, ANYTHING, that you will not be able to trade with a single pokemon in your party?!!! It would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Zyzzybalubah

Adam

You can't trade until you get to a certain town in the game. I don't think it matters how many Pokemon you have (I seem to remember single-Pokemon trades, actually), but you can't do it right away. So you're right but for the wrong reason.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Adam

I'm sure you can't trade immediately in the game. I'm not sure if you need an extra Pokemon in your party to trade.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

y2josh

In pokemon red/blue i got a friend all the starters by doing that. it was the only poke i had. sorry no picture proof. but if you think it's impossible, don't forget you are getting a pokemon in return. so your not going to be helpless

Edited on by y2josh

y2josh

Starkiller

You must have a second pokemon, but even if you did, I don't think you can trade at the start of the game.

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

RandomWiiPlayer

Yeah you can, but they won't listen to you.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

theblackdragon

You need to get 'Oak's Parcel' (as in your Pokedex) from Viridian before you can trade. As for having two pokemon in your party, I'm pretty sure this is the case, but I can't find any proof for it online (except for latter incarnations of the game)... I did look in my own manuals for Pokemon Red/Blue, Yellow, and Silver, but none of them mentioned you needing at least two pokemon in your own party to trade. Sorry, man.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Zyzzybalubah

Thanks for trying! I guess I just need to wait to go home and try the games myself

Zyzzybalubah

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.