Forums

Topic: Hopes for gaming revivals in 2011?

Posts 1 to 20 of 31

Link79

We've had many great revivals in the past few years. NSMB Wii, Punch-out, Mega man 9 and 10, Sonic 4 (keep quiet haters) and recently DK country returns. What hopes do you have for more possible returns to form in the coming years?
I'd like some classic Nes style Ninja Gaiden or possibly a new overhead perspective Zelda. While they are at it why not bring Star fox back to it's former glory with an all new game? What are your ideas?

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Bring back Sierra.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

Platypus

To tell you the truth I think we have enough revivals for now.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

blink83

Bring back zelda games! Everygame since the minish cap has been a letdown.

BUY SOMETHIN WILL YA!

Cipher

The same as always, really. Star Fox and F-Zero are the two I most want to see, and I'd hope to see F-Zero again co-developed by SEGA. As far as Star Fox is concerned, unless Nintendo take full control over the development of any future title, I'd love to see it co-developed by either Treasure or Project Sora (depending on how Kid Icarus turns out). And I don't consider Star Fox 64 3D a revival because it looks more to me like a remake in the same vein as Super Mario 64 DS.

I'd suggest the possibility of seeing the new Pikmin title next year, but since we only got Pikmin 2 six years ago, I wouldn't consider that a revival, per se. Same for Mario Golf and Mario Tennis, but again, I'd love to see proper versions of both titles on Wii eventually. My main hope would be to see a new Super Mario Land for the 3DS - I don't understand why New Super Mario Bros. was an SMB title when handhelds always got Super Mario Land titles. I suppose it was sold on the name, but that's just me.

After all that... Gotta agree with Soccer. We haven't really had a new first-party franchise since Pikmin, unless you count Rhythm Heaven, so a new franchise for the 3DS would be stellar.

LordJumpMad

Give me F-zero or give me Pie!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

LordJumpMad

irken004 wrote:

Superman 64 remake. 3DS edition.

To remake the best N64 game ever made, is the best idea ever!
I also hope for a remake of Shaq Fu!

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Corbs

Earthbound 3DS please.

Plain old gamer :)

StuffyStuff

Double Dragon, Battletoads, Final Fight, and Ninja Gaiden on the more popular front. It would be nice to see a reinvention of Metalstorm and Shatterhand as well.

StuffyStuff

LzWinky

Odnetnin wrote:

• World of Goo
  • BIT.TRIP
  • Cave Story
  • Smash Bros.
  • Punch-Out!!
  • Retro Game Challenge
  • Mario & Luigi
  • etc.
  • etc.

It's not much of a revival if the game came out recently or had a recent release

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

joebe1

If any game needs a revival its a true sequel to Super Mario RPG. I still remember the first time I played it, that was the game that made me love gaming. I have only experienced a wow in gaming twice, Mario RPG, and Ocarina of Time. Since then I've played good games, but was never in awe.

If everyone said what they felt, you would get nothing but a bunch of asterisks and moderated messages.-MetalFox3k

BulbasaurusRex

Just give me the promised Descent WiiWare remake and improved physics in the remaining Sonic 4 episodes, and I'll be happy.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

HolyMackerel

I'm not that interested in revivals anymore. I've had my fill.

HolyMackerel

V8_Ninja

I'm not interested in revivals now. New games please.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.