Forums

Topic: Have you played Super Mario Land?

Posts 21 to 38 of 38

Corbs

How cool would it be to see a remake of the three Super Mario Land GB games on the DS. Like a Super Mario Land Trilogy. Update the graphics and music.

Edited on by Corbs

Plain old gamer :)

fudgenuts

Corbie wrote:

How cool would it be to see a remake of the three Super Mario Land GB games on the DS. Like a Super Mario Land Trilogy. Update the graphics and music.

I would love to see that!

Leap before you think!
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/samsam12
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/fudgenuts64

Kim_Jong-Il

weirdadam wrote:

Super Mario Land has plenty to do when you beat it. You could play it again, and then you could play again, and so on.

DX's levels unfortunately were not designed for the size of a Gameboy screen, and it suffered for this. The challenge mode was brilliant though. I hope New Super Mario Brothers Wii has something akin to this mode.

I know, I beat it several times. But it was just a skimpy package. You could beat the whole thing in 40 minutes or something. DX had all the unloackables and about 10x as much stuff: all the yoshi eggs and red coins to find, and scores to beat, and then the lost levels after beating the campaign which was 3 tims as long as Super Mario Land. Comparing Super Mario Land and Mario Bros DX is like comparing Pokemon Red and Pokemon Gold; Gold was superior in every way except squirtleness.

Kim_Jong-Il

RJay

Corbie wrote:

There is a fan made remake somewhere on YouTube....it was surprisingly good from the looks of it

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

RJay

Here it is....

wow the more I look at Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, the more massive and grand it seems! I originally was just looking at the Super Mario Land remake level

Edit - please try not to post repeatedly - use the Edit function. Also, to embed a YouTube video, write [ youtube: followed immediately by the video's ID (the bit after the v= in the video URL) and close it with another ].

Edited on by James

Water Warfare 3481-0499-8502
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 2535-5527-9255

Adam

@ Kim Jong-Il
I know, I was only half-serious. I realize it was a skimpy package, though considering it was a launch title (I think) for Nintendo's most primitive system they've ever made short of G&W or other one-game machines, I'm willing to cut it some slack since it's so darn replayable even without challenges, though challenge mode would have been a huge boost to the game's worth.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

bram070

I played it, but i was very young at the time being

practise my stabbing!!

odd69

i only played it once..so an update would be very good. come on nintendo release something like this on wiiware before i die will ya'?

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

The_Fox

Yep. The original SML was good at the time, but a little rough around the edges if you play it today. The levels aren't as creative as you would expect from a Mario title, and the controls just feel off, somehow.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Twilight_Crow

Played it, loved it, finished it and changed it, which I regret, I can't believe I was so dumb .

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

CowLaunch

Great game. The most eery Mario game by far for me.

CowLaunch

Rensch

As a matter of fact I played it the other day. It doesn't hold up as well as SMB on NES does, but the fact that it feels and plays like that game while being one of the earliest GB titles is still impressive if you take into account the limited possibilites of those days.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

9teen90eight

I don't like it. The graphics are way too small (but that's understandable because it was the first game boy game) and I've never made to the end because you couldn't save.

9teen90eight

Slapshot

@Corbie.....dude you just came up with my new obsession for a remake from Nintendo.....and if only it was released by game remade on DSiWare. That is something I would gladly pay 8 bucks a game for. Man Nintendo is missing out so SO much easy cash.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

y2josh

2 is one of my fav marios of all time. I seem to forget about it though because it was on the gameboy :S

y2josh

Gam3z

I played and I like it a lot although the second one is one of my favourite games of all time.

P.S. First post ever yay, great community btw

Gam3z

Sean_Aaron

It was the only Mario game I ever played to completion until Super Mario Galaxy. I thought it was okay.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.