Forums

Topic: Hardest bosses you've ever faced

Posts 21 to 37 of 37

BleachFan

Cloud of Darkness (FFIII): Not just because her attacks were insanely stong, but also because if you lost to her, you had to go through the Crystal Tower AGAIN, which made for a good 30 minutes of backtracking, only to get your brains blown out by her again.

The Iron Maiden (Or whatever that blond glasses chick was in TWEWY): How I hated this woman with a passion. I probably spent a good 45 minutes fighting her, only to die. A lot. After about four 45-minute runs later, I finally beat her...Then I found out about her little shadow secrets in an FAQ...D'oh!

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

BleachFan

Dragoon wrote:

Bouldergeist's Daredevil Run from the first Mario Galaxy. Took me over 30 tries to beat him.

I never had a problem with this guy...It took me about three tries, max...

Edited on by BleachFan

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

Kaeobais

Sean, the cult leader in Dead Rising. Even at level 50 with tons of powerful weapons he always almost kills me. He's just so fast

The final level in Sonic 2, where you have to face both Metal Sonic and Eggman with no rings. I rarely make it through.

The steroid alien in Alien Hominid. He will kill you ........ a lot.

The giant spider thing in Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Unless you are PACKED with weapons and lives, you're dead.

That freaking fish, Kyogre or whatever, in Majora's Mask. I hate that thing so much D:

And someone already mentioned him, but Jack Krauser in RE4. I can beat him easily on normal, but on pro you have a split second to react and it's REALLY hard. I died so many times.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Infernape1000

The first Barthandelus encounter in FFXIII was near impossible.

F***ing Destrudo...

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

Tsuchinoko

@shadx omg how could i forget the giant spider in Zombies ate my neighbors? And the second time you fight him, at the very end of the game, you have to battle him back-to-back against that giant disembodied head that mad scientist guy turns into. I've played the game so many times, and still have never been able to do it.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I'm stuck on the Rangers in Super Mario RPG. I haven't beaten them yet.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

cheetahman91

Culex is the first that comes to mind. If anybody can beat him without Toadstool then they're freaking amazing.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

theblackdragon

StarFox wrote:

I'm stuck on the Rangers in Super Mario RPG. I haven't beaten them yet.

what level is your party? first time through, 15 to 17-ish is a good range IMO.

the order you want to beat them in is Pink/Green/Black/Yellow/Red, or that's the order i generally like to take them out anyway. You can block or avoid most of their physical attacks, but Pink is their healer and Green's their main mage, so they need to go first. once you've beaten them all, you're down to defeating the Axe itself with that stupid beam weapon or whatever... just hit it with everything you've got.

if you swing by and pick up the Lazy Shells before heading after the Rangers and put the armor on Peach, you're nearly guaranteed victory. as for accessories, the Rare Scarf, Jinx Belt, and Attack Scarf are all good choices (Attack Scarf is Mario-only, though), and of course the Feather for Bowser if you're using him. just stock up on pick-me ups and syrups with Hinopio after buying the Fire armor he has for sale, and you'll be good to go.

if you still need help getting past them, lemme know, man. i know that game inside and out, lol.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Crystalking18

Right now, just finished playing Metal GEar Solid: PEace Walker, and the Peace Walker took me about a half an hour to beat! And I was shaking the whole time too!

FF6: Release year- 1994
Kefka's birthday - November 9th
So.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.

Aviator

I'm stuck on theblackdragon.

She keeps on locking my threads, and I can't escape her walrus face.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

theblackdragon

@StarFox: Oh, you mean Yaridovich, then. he's got about 1500 HP, it's just a matter of hitting him instead of his clone when it pops up. Some of his attacks are blockable (that spear thrust in particular you want to block/avoid), but that stupid water blast of his is annoying. Use Peach to Group Hug and keep your HP up since you're having problems with him, and when he uses his Mirage Attack, note that the clone has about half the defense (magic and physical) as the real thing. in other words, if you suddenly find yourself hitting for mad damage, start attacking the other one immediately. magic doesn't work too well on 'im, so hit him with physical attacks.

If you use Mallow, you can use his Psychopath move to deduce which Yaridovich is which also, but he doesn't have a multiple-character heal move like Group Hug, which is why i wouldn't recommend it in your case. you may also want to grind a bit after defeating Johnny by fighting your way out of the Sunken Ship area (defeating every enemy you come across) instead of just using the spring if you're really having that much trouble with him... 11 to 13-ish should be good enough for your party to take him down. :3 you'll also want to be sure you picked up the Safety Ring and Amulet along the way, and have their best armor equipped (i can't remember at the moment if i use the Work Pants instead of the Nautical set or not at that point; i think i might just have Bowser using the Work Pants until they get to Monstro Town or something).

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Corbs

I found Yunalesca pretty damn tough in FFX. In fact, she was far tougher than any of the other later area bosses.

Plain old gamer :)

pikku

the boss from Metroid Prime in Phendrana Drifts took me about a month to beat

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Bassman_Q

Ridley from Metroid Prime 1
Mother Brain from Metroid Zero Mission (Even on Normal mode it was nearly impossible to beat!)
Escaping the SA-X in Sector 2 (2nd time) in Metroid Fusion (Its not a boss, but its really HARD!)
Culex from Super Mario RPG
Bowletta's Ghost from M&L: Superstar Saga (Took a whole hour to beat!)
Princess Shroob from M&L: Partners in Time (Took nearly 2 hours to beat!)
Phantom Train from Final Fantasy 1 & 2: Dawn of Souls (Took me like 10 tries to beat. Damn Acid Rain killed my party!)
Pretty much every boss from Final Fantasy IV DS (Especially the wind archfiend)
Ganon from Zelda Ocarina of Time (Should've stocked up on blue potions the first time)
Bellum from Zelda Phantom Hourglass (Only because of the EXTREMELY glitchy touch sensitivity when drawing the hourglass)

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

sykotek

The only one that comes to mind is the fight with Vile at the beginning of Mega Man X. To this day, I still can't beat him, every time I come close, he somehow manages to get me and I cause X to end up looking like a n00b in front of his friend Zero.
Untitled

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.