Forums

Topic: Genres you like that no one else seems to care about

Posts 21 to 38 of 38

bboy2970

Visual novels I would say (or i guess just text heavy adventure games too). So many games in this line that i've loved including 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Ghost Trick, Phoenix Wright, Strong Bad, Hotel Dusk, Last Window, and many others seem to go un-noticed by the masses or instantly dismissed due to the high volume of reading.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

TheDreamingHawk

Dungeon crawlers. I mean, come on. Ys, Pokemon mystery dungeon and all of those games are high on my top games of all time list (That is PMD at the very top), and they always get bad reviews for unfair reasons. It's a genre that's odd, but if you give it a good chance it's very good

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Zowolffo

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Dungeon crawlers. I mean, come on. Ys, Pokemon mystery dungeon and all of those games are high on my top games of all time list (That is PMD at the very top), and they always get bad reviews for unfair reasons. It's a genre that's odd, but if you give it a good chance it's very good

I actually like YS. The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games on the other hand get very repetitive in a bad way.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Wonder_Ideal

the_shpydar wrote:

/me is confused
None of the Ys gamer are dungeon crawlers.
/me also still thinks this is a ridiculous topic

I like this genre of thread, but no one else seems to.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. [email protected]

Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

CM30

3D platformers. God, I so miss the days of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Banjo Kazooie, etc. Not the modern Mario Galaxy or 3D Land style, the old style where you explored giant worlds to find hidden areas and fight bosses and what not, the so called collectathons.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

Twitter:

KAHN

CM30 wrote:

3D platformers. God, I so miss the days of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Banjo Kazooie, etc. Not the modern Mario Galaxy or 3D Land style, the old style where you explored giant worlds to find hidden areas and fight bosses and what not, the so called collectathons.

i agree, just not with Mario 64. god, i hate that game. i really don't like 3DL. it's over-rated IMHO.

KAHN

Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

CanisWolfred

bboy2970 wrote:

Visual novels I would say (or i guess just text heavy adventure games too). So many games in this line that i've loved including 999, Virtue's Last Reward, Ghost Trick, Phoenix Wright, Strong Bad, Hotel Dusk, Last Window, and many others seem to go un-noticed by the masses or instantly dismissed due to the high volume of reading.

999 and Zero Escape are the only ones of those that are visual novels, and even those are a tad different for their genre. They actually have gameplay. But I guess you did mention Adventure games. Still, if you're interested in real Visual Novels, I know a few you may want to get your hands on.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Kenchi

Point and click adventures.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7861-0439
NNID: Kenchi9
ACNL town: Zenn La

misswliu81

fighting games - they used to be all the range in the 90s due to streetfighter 2 but now they've become something only fighting game fans would want to play
puzzle games
text based adventure games
3D platformers
side scrolling shooters- like contra for example

misswliu81

TheDreamingHawk

MrNiceGuy wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

Dungeon crawlers. I mean, come on. Ys, Pokemon mystery dungeon and all of those games are high on my top games of all time list (That is PMD at the very top), and they always get bad reviews for unfair reasons. It's a genre that's odd, but if you give it a good chance it's very good

I actually like YS. The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games on the other hand get very repetitive in a bad way.

Just because it's repetitive doesn't mean it's bad. IMO Sky is the best video game of all time. Mainly because of it being one of the more darker games.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

KAHN

i kinda like text-only adventure games...

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

JGMR

Side-scrolling beat 'm ups are not popular anymore...

With kind regards,

JGMR

Varia01

Action. I like fast paced and epic combat or pursuits. Good examples for my interest would be like Other M and Sonic Colors. People around me always talk about shooters and RPGS. I LOVE action games. I think they're are very fun.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

Varia01

@CanisWolfred Ok neat.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

Undead_terror

I like dungeon crawlers that you can attack enemies without having a final fantasy battle scene/pokemon, a good example would be "From the abyss" for the ds, it might just be me but I can't find anymore like it.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic