Forums

Topic: games that need a update/sequel

Posts 101 to 119 of 119

NX01Trekkie1992

I'll say it once again, I've probably said it a dozen times around these boards, we need a handheld Banjo Kazooie for the 3DS, maybe an update/combination of the first two for the N64?

NX01Trekkie1992

Kaeobais

Meta-Rift wrote:

Super Mario Sunshine needs a sequel.

The Ice Climbers deserve a 3D platformer.

pocket_arsenal wrote:

Shadx wrote:

pocket_arsenal wrote:

Zelda II. Needs gameplay improvements as well as graphical updates. A remake would be greatly appreciated, but so would a new game with this style, just take note from the Legend of Princess and keep Link using tools instead of Magic.

Why can't Link use magic? He's always used magic. And honestly, I don't think any gameplay improvements would need to be made.

Lemme rephrase. Keep magic, but don't do away with tools. And I do think it would be nice if they did some minor gameplay movements. A backflip would make for good dodging, and I'd like to see some rapid swinging motion with the sword, instead of the old fashioned thrust.

It should be expanded into a 3D action game. I doubt Zelda II will ever be remade, though. As long as it had "Zelda" in the title, it would alienate lots of players.

And I wish they would bring back the idea of Link "learning" magic in new games.

Not true. If it has Zelda in the title, people would totally buy it. Especially those without prior knowledge of the original. And frankly, knowing Nintendo as they are today, unless they got, say, Retro to develop it, it'd probably be really easy.

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

Meta-Rift

@Shadx: Yeah, but people would see "Zelda" in the title and then expect it to be similar to other Zelda games.

Meta-Rift

Kaeobais

Meta-Rift wrote:

@Shadx: Yeah, but people would see "Zelda" in the title and then expect it to be similar to other Zelda games.

People need to be more open minded. That's why original and experimental games fail so often. Instead of simply making more war shooters, we need people to start trying new things.

Jani-Koblaney

Beetle Adventure Racing, that game was boss!

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Jani-Koblaney

Shadx wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

People need to be more open minded. That's why original and experimental games fail so often. Instead of simply making more war shooters, we need people to start trying new things.

So true..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Noire

Valkyrie no Densetsu

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Kaeobais

Sir_Dragoon wrote:

Kirby Air Ride. A sequel with online play and multiple City Trial maps would be the end of my social life forever

This x9001.

Meta-Rift

Shadx wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

That's the problem, though. A series' fanbase is going to have expectations for new games based on what the other games are like. If Nintendo tried to make a modern Zelda game like Zelda II, just imagine what the reaction would be. It's too bad, but that's the way it works.

Meta-Rift

shingi_70

Shadx wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

There is a war shooter in development where you play a war photographer. That's pretty neat.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

Shadx wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

There is a war shooter in development where you play a war photographer. That's pretty neat.

If we get more info on that it'll be on my "force other people to play this game" list perhaps.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

pocket_arsenal

I-U wrote:

pocket_arsenal wrote:

It would be a nice surprise to get a Zelda game that's actually a third chapter to a certain Zelda. We only ever get two. And it's usually a sequel to whatever the last generation of Zelda was ( with Phantom Hourglass being the only exception )

Phantom Hourglass is the sequel to Wind Waker, which was a last gen.

No, the last generation to Phantom Hourglass was Twilight Princess. Wind Waker came before that, so it was a sequel to a two-genration old game.

Spirit Tracks would also be the third, though distance, sequel in that arc.

Spirit Tracks takes place after Wind Waker, but it's not a sequel in my book. It's only a sequel if it's the same character from hthe last game. That'd be like saying WindWaker and Twilight Princess are third chapters to Ocarina of Time.

I don't always give myself signatures, but when I do, you just read it.

I-U

I think I misunderstood your comment on Zelda's last generation. I thought you were referring to game systems, not the screwy timeline of the Zelda series.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Link245

I think they should make a Zelda II-style game.

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

EvilRegal

Strider and Chrono (Trigger, Cross) are so long overdue for sequels it's pathetic. Also, old school-type Final Fantasy, more medieval in style, focusing on crystals. I'd like to see Square deviate from the more sci-fi environments for at least one entry.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

StarBoy91

@FluttershyGuy - Strider did get a follow-up; Capcom developed it for the PlayStation One back in 2000 called Strider 2. I haven't played it, but judging from the screenshots I saw on the MobyGames website, it looks really good. There was also another Strider title that came out in 1990 for the MegaDrive (and the Amiga, and the Sega Master System, and the Game Gear, and the Commodore 64, et al), which was the initial "follow-up" to the original game, but it wasn't developed by Capcom (nor did they have anything to do with it); Strider II (or Strider Returns). The 1990 game, I've looked up, is not one gamers are very fond of; again, haven't played it, but I remember researching on sites like Wikipedia and YouTube that it's quite frowned upon by many.
The original Strider is a cool game, and decent fun.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

EvilRegal

PeacefulLuma91 wrote:

@FluttershyGuy - Strider did get a follow-up; Capcom developed it for the PlayStation One back in 2000 called Strider 2. I haven't played it, but judging from the screenshots I saw on the MobyGames website, it looks really good. There was also another Strider title that came out in 1990 for the MegaDrive (and the Amiga, and the Sega Master System, and the Game Gear, and the Commodore 64, et al), which was the initial "follow-up" to the original game, but it wasn't developed by Capcom (nor did they have anything to do with it); Strider II (or Strider Returns). The 1990 game, I've looked up, is not one gamers are very fond of; again, haven't played it, but I remember researching on sites like Wikipedia and YouTube that it's quite frowned upon by many.
The original Strider is a cool game, and decent fun.

I should've been more specific, I'm sorry. I know about Strider 2 and have it. It has two discs, with Strider & Strider 2 (which are flip flopped though, with Strider on Strider 2 disc and vice versa, LOL). Strider 2 IS fun! I highly recommend getting it used (or new if you can find it) somewhere. It's a shame it's not at PlayStation Store yet. The game is somewhat easier than Strider, with unlimited continues. But, great graphics (for PlayStation One game); fun, explosive game play; and good music! I thought it was an excellent follow up to one of the great arcade games of the late 80's, Strider! That was 2000, though, when Strider 2 came out. A sequel is long overdue! At least Strider Hiryu has been in Capcom Vs. fighting games.

Hoping for a chance to play the less official Strider titles one day. Those I have not played. Strider for NES, based on Strider Hiryu manga is also excellent. Maybe one of these years, if Capcom ever gets back to Wii VC releases, we'll see the Genesis Strider. I'm interested in seeing how close to the arcade version it is.

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

misswliu81

metroid fusion sequel - no more games inbetween the timeline of the series. i want nintendo to move forward with this franchise and make and release follow up games. metroid other m was the sequel to super metroid whilst fusion is the sequel of other M that came out before that game on the GBA.

make a side scroller game for the 3DS and the wii U game both first person with old school 3rd person side scrolling metroid gameplay.

misswliu81

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.