Showing 1 to 19 of 19
1. Posted: Thu 18th Jun 2009 00:56 BST
Here are the games:
24. Space Invaders23. Frogger22. Tetris21. Space Harrier 3-D (SMS)20. Phantasy Star (SMS)19. Donkey Kong18. Pac-Man17. ExciteBike (NES)16. Track & Field (NES)15. Kirby's Adventure (NES)14. Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES- version)13. Super Mario Bros. (NES)12. Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos (NES)11. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (NES)10. The Legend of Zelda (NES)9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES)8. Metal Gear (NES)7. Castlevania (NES)6. Contra (NES Version)5. Metroid (NES)4. Final Fantasy (NES)3. Mega Man 3 (NES)2. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (NES)1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
2. Posted: Thu 18th Jun 2009 01:37 BST
Cool! Thanks for posting, I'll have to check these out.
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it
3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Twitter: pixelpowa
3. Posted: Thu 18th Jun 2009 01:38 BST
That's a really solid list. I like it. Thanks for posting it.
Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square
4. Posted: Thu 18th Jun 2009 05:43 BST
I was suprised, but I actually like this list. The only gripe I have is that it should be Mega Man 2 instead of Mega Man 3.
Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.
5. Posted: Thu 18th Jun 2009 05:51 BST
Wheres Blaster Master?
Mega Man 3 instead of MM2?Super Mario Bros, 13th and Zelda 1 10th WTF? With Contra ahead and what-what is that? Is that a Star Wars game? Pssshht.GamePro needs to open their eyes a little more.
"Nintendo fans are all talk. Nintendo fans are vocal with their mouths, but when it’s time to open their wallets, they’ll spend that $60 on New Super Mario Bros instead." - Activision
Beer is not the answer. Beer is the question. YES is the answer.
Nintendo Network ID: JosephDigital
6. Posted: Mon 22nd Jun 2009 04:52 BST
mostly the obvious choices I'd expect from gamepro. though space harrier for sms is a curious choice. as is TMNT 3 and star wars
wii code: 2630-2655-0027-8482onslaught friend code: 1977-7779-8949bomberman blast: 1634 2282 0930
7. Posted: Tue 23rd Jun 2009 13:43 BST
"Ballblazer" should be here, smoothest 3D scrolling of its time."Qix" should be here, it pre-dates "Tetris" and the puzzle craze"Xevious" should be here, it was the first modern shooter.
Also, "Tetris" should be #1. It's probably the one game on the list, I'm certain will still be massively popular in a 100 years.
Edited on Tue 23rd June, 2009 @ 13:48 by Turbo_Genesis_64
EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!
8. Posted: Tue 23rd Jun 2009 14:24 BST
Awesome, I'm glad TMNT III is on high on the list, it's my favorite in the series and always seems to get the shaft against II.
Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf
9. Posted: Tue 23rd Jun 2009 19:09 BST
Space Harrier 3D?
Who Are You?
10. Posted: Tue 23rd Jun 2009 19:30 BST
I actually think this list is cool that it has a few obscure choices -- I'm sure SH3D is better than Ninja Gaiden 2!
11. Posted: Tue 23rd Jun 2009 19:49 BST
Misleading, I'd say. They should've called it the "greatest 8-bit console/arcade games"... where are Elite, Sentinel or any other 8-bit computer game?
Currently playing: Solitaire (on Windows)
12. Posted: Wed 24th Jun 2009 00:33 BST
I'm guessing it's because Gamepro was an American kids' magazine. I don't think they reviewed computer games.
Edited on Wed 24th June, 2009 @ 00:33 by Turbo_Genesis_64
13. Posted: Wed 24th Jun 2009 01:54 BST
Gamepro is still around!?
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
Treaty of Tripoly, article 11
14. Posted: Thu 25th Jun 2009 13:44 BST
...I actually like this list
15. Posted: Thu 25th Jun 2009 14:07 BST
Hmm..you know when Gamepro put out there special "Ultimate Game Guide" a couple month's ago;; they had a top 9 best 8-bit Games that differ from the top nine here. Their choices back then were:9.Contra8.Phantasy Star 7.Kid Icarus6.Metal Gear5.Final Fantasy4.Mike Tyson's Punch-Out3.Metroid2. Super Mario Bros.1.The Legend of ZeldaGuess they changed there minds.
16. Posted: Thu 25th Jun 2009 14:14 BST
The Legend of Zelda is way better than Metal Gear. Metal Gear was horrible.
The chickens are restless.
17. Posted: Thu 25th Jun 2009 16:29 BST
My favorite 8 bit games are:
MappySuper Mario Bros.KirbyPokemon YellowPac-Manand Galaga
Beware the evil Rocketchu. She's mad! She's crazy! She's a Rabid Pikachu! (But still so adorable)
18. Posted: Sat 27th Jun 2009 04:16 BST
Ninja Gaiden 2 is NOT better than the original. And Mega Man 2 OVER 3. WTF.
3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!
19. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 22:46 BST
Glad to see Punch-Out was so high on the list, but I never cared for Super Mario Bros 3, to be brutally honest. I've always been a Super Mario World man, myself. But that's not 8-Bit so, whatever. Legend of Zelda should be higher, though. I'm playing it on the VC right now for the first time here, and it's wonderful.
Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.comNow Playing: Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater