Forums

Topic: GameFAQs "Best.Game.Ever." Winner

Posts 21 to 39 of 39

MrPinguy

Actually i think this is the worst poll ever in the video game world.
They didn't make any "sortition" (sorry for the lack of a better word, i don't know too much english) with the entries, it was like they made it to be FF7 and FFOcarina for the final and the rest of the not so good game fight each other for nothing, why this is always appening? Links vs Clouds etc...
there is almost no single time that only one pass to the final, no moment they fight early.
And the fact they used only the old US numeration for Final Fantasy made me even more mad, i didn't even knowed wich FF i was voting for.
And when i saw "Final Fantasy 3" with the logo from the Onion Knight's game and a screen from FF6... Dear good, now thats what i would call F***ed up....

MrPinguy

SupermarketZombies

Dezner wrote:

Wow, I voted here and there but I figured FFVII would have won again, meaning my votes would be worthless. Yay for Zelda, though!

Oh well, I'm happy that FFVI got as far as it did, it'll always be my #1 anyway.

Hells yeah. FFVI is my favorite of the series.

Scared of the future, but bored with the past.

Adam

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Nice opinion! I don`t care!

Oh you are so edgy.

I said nothing "cocky." It was just a contrary opinion. You've no reason to be offended, pal.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Kim_Jong-Il

When I read this thread, my exact thoughts were "It's gotta be Ocarina."

Kim_Jong-Il

MoogleMuffins

Its definitely one of the best games in my opinion. But the #1 spot for me will always be Final Fantasy VI, now that game is just perfect.

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

Machu

weirdadam wrote:

Z-targeting ruined Zelda. Just the first step in dumbing down the game.

Eh?!?! It ENABLED combat and interaction in a 3D environment. I think it was a master stroke.

Would you have rather done everything manually hacking and slashing your way through dungeons, and how would you speak to that person on that roof over there? I'm surprised you question it's importance.

Rawr!

Slapshot

I agree that FFVII is a slim bit better than OoT myself as well simply because it was a game that you got very involved with the characters. When Aeris died that is just an epic memory in my gaming history stored in my brain for me. Loved OoT also.

Sorry to some hardcore that may not like this but I gotta vouch BIOSHOCK and/or Fallout 3 as two very infuencial games for that too. Both take a tired FPS stategy into whole new stratespheres. Bioshock is well just Bioshock. I remember when the elevator hit the bottom of Rapture I looked at my buddy and was like "can I just stay in the the elevator" lol... and Fallout put a RPG real-time twist that is just epic in so many proportions. Yes they are not old school games but....they changed the way gamers played games and that is a VERY hard thing to do these days just like when FFVII and OoT released they were groundbreaking as well.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Bass_X0

Zelda and Final Fantasy VII come head to head every year whatever the contest.

Best Hero ever? Link vs. Cloud

Best villian ever? Ganondorf vs. Sephiroth

Its so predictable.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

Adam

Machu wrote:

Eh?!?! It ENABLED combat and interaction in a 3D environment. I think it was a master stroke.

It enabled nothing. Ocarina features 3D graphics, yes, but it still features 2D movement. Link moves left, right, forward, and back, just as he always did. If they had kept the camera perspective more overhead, there'd be no need for that. Z-targeting just fixes their first mistake. If I broke your computer then fixed it, you wouldn't be congratulating me for my amazing repair skills; you'd be telling me that I shouldn't have touched your computer to begin with now go away I don't want to play with you anymore.

I am just not a fan of any system that does things for me. I am quite capable of aiming my sword by myself if they wouldn't zoom in so close on Link that I can hardly see the area I have to move around in.

Machu wrote:

Would you have rather done everything manually hacking and slashing your way through dungeons, and how would you speak to that person on that roof over there? I'm surprised you question it's importance.

In short, yes. Haha.

I don't want anything done automatically for me. The fun of playing a game comes from actually playing it, not from having the game do things for you. Also, the 'person on the roof' example is an even worse example of Nintendo breaking something and then fixing it: Why do you need to put someone on a roof in the first place? What are they doing there? I'm not about to pat them on the back for fixing a problem that never existed prior to Ocarina.

Come on, friends,

koopa85

@Adam: Dude, if you don't like using Z-targeting during fights then don't.

Edited on by James

koopa85

Maxime

I didn't like Final Fantasy 7 as much as Final Fantasy 6, to be honest. On the Playstation, it looked like a bunch of blocky polygons which gave me a headache to look at. The story also didn't fancy me as much as Final Fantasy 6. That's my oppinion though. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, I think deserves the spot there.

Don't let my location fool you. I'm Québécois, not Canadian.

grenworthshero

I don't know about that one. I mean...I agree. I'm completely obsessed with Ocarina of Time, and it's claimed many many hours of my life. I don't know how many days I've logged playing it so far, and I'm still playing it, but you just can't compare it to FFVII. I thought FF sucked too, at first, because I played FFVIII first, and I HATED it. I then played through all of VII, and...well, I can see how so many people think it's the best game ever. It's DEFINITELY the best RPG ever. But to compare such different games and try and decide which is better...I can't do it. I agree with the placement both of those games got on top of every other game ever, but to try and break it between the two...opinion would say Ocarina, but I know those games are on the same level in different genres.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Machu

@Adam Wow, I never ever considered z-targeting to be a negative. But then I can't stand turn-based combat which many love (and that is even MORE constraining). Each to there own i guess Personally I'm a fan of z-targeting as it made the experience more 'cinematic' (at which point i can sense you cringing, am i right?).

Rawr!

Adam

Your senses serve you well, little king. Cinematics are fine in between levels, but in-game I want direct control.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Machu

But you Do have direct control, and I think MORE than you would without the magic z-button thingy. Oh well I guess we're both chattin' at a wall. I'll get back to the religious thread

Rawr!

Adam

No, the game has direct control. You press Z and you are automatically aimed where you need to strike. I'm just not a fan of the game doing things for me. If the game had been designed better, this crutch would be unnecessary. I could aim my sword perfectly fine in all the Zelda games before, which featured the same planes of movement (claims of "3D space" are irrelevant, you move within the same dimensions as before).

Come on, friends,

Wiiloveit

What about SPOGS?

Wiiloveit

SepticLemon

As much as I enjoyed Zelda Ocarina of Time a lot! My favourite game of all time is Super Mario Bros 1 on the NES.

SepticLemon

Twitter:

Jeroen1

Bass+X0 wrote:

Zelda and Final Fantasy VII come head to head every year whatever the contest.

Best Hero ever? Link vs. Cloud

Best villian ever? Ganondorf vs. Sephiroth

Its so predictable.

What, Ocarina of Time and FFVII in a Gamefaqs final? Well, I never!

Jeroen1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.