Forums

Topic: gamecube disc storage cases available?

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

breegullblaster

ok, first off let me say that i just bought a stack of 89 gamecube discs all without cases. they were just stacked in a pile in my friends closet. not a bad way to spend $35. anyway, i know that gcn games arent the only discs of that size & density. so anyone know what the correct term for that sized disc is so that i can buy a storage book? p.s. i dont want any plastic cases, i want a book for easy storage. ---edit---are they the same size& depth of "mini dvds" which i just read about?

Edited on by breegullblaster

Maybe...Godzilla is inside each one of us.

brooks83

I just checked Wikipedia and it seems that the Gamecube discs are 8cm which is the same size as Mini DVDs.

brooks83

the_shpydar

89 games for $35? Wow, nice. Even if half or 2/3 of the games were junk, still a great deal!

I imagine you could use any regular CD/DVD storage books, but if the sleeves aren't tight enough they could bounce around. It might be hard to find a mini-dvd size storage book, since mini-dvds never really caught on.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Tasuki

My friend used an empty mint can for a GC game case. I think it was the round Altoids case. Anyway I am sure if you check out somewhere like Bestbuy or google Mini DVD case you might find something. You can also check Amazon or Ebay as well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

madgear

Why would someone stack all their GameCube discs up without boxes? They'd get scratched to the point they wouldn't work any more, surely? Madness.

madgear

KingMike

Unless the poster is asking me something like a CD-wallet sized for GC games, I don't understand either.

KingMike

the_shpydar

@madgear
I have plenty of 'Cube games that i bought used, that are absolutely rife with scratches, and not a single one has ever had a problem. Discs (CDs, DVDs, etc) are much more resilient than people think; unless they are truly scored or the scratches are deep rather than just surface scratches, they'll usually work fine.

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

breegullblaster

KingMike wrote:

Unless the poster is asking me something like a CD-wallet sized for GC games, I don't understand either.

i think that is clearly what i was asking when i said: "so anyone know what the correct term for that sized disc is so that i can buy a storage book?" sorry if you missed that but the imperfection is yours.

the_shpydar

@breegull
Play nice, now. You do realize your thread title says "storage CASES", right? Some people may be confused by what you mean by storage book.

The Shpydarloggery

theblackdragon

@breegull: i made the same mistake when I first checked out this thread -- i was ready to point you in the direction of someplace you could buy empty DVD boxes. i don't think you were quite as clear as you thought you were being. :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Useless_Account

They don't sell them at the Nintendo online store? even if they did I think it would cost more for the cases than what you payed for the games in the first place...

Useless_Account

breegullblaster

breegullblaster wrote:

KingMike wrote:

i think that is clearly what i was asking when i said: "so anyone know what the correct term for that sized disc is so that i can buy a storage book?" sorry if you missed that but the imperfection is yours.

sorry for being a smart-ass, man. ive been on edge lately due to withdrawls, (quitting morphine, norco, valium & other downers) but i dont 0ffrr that as an excuse, just fyi. anyway, a gcn disc sized wallet is exactly what im after. i think ill find one at like radio shack, eh?

Edited on by breegullblaster

theblackdragon

or best buy, wal-mart, circuit city, or any other place that sells camcorders, since some of them do use mini-DVDs as media.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

breegullblaster

i think i might try a cd wallet meant for cds as they probably wony slide around too much considering it will be full.

NintendoCoDGamer

I bought a case for regular sized CDs at Dollar General for 3 dollars that held 36 games.

Looking forward to The Conduit 2 and CoD: Black Ops for DS
For really cool avatars for a forum, go here! http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Callsigns/Emblems

NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.