Forums

Topic: Found a Donkey Kong game from Candystand.com circa 2003!!!

Posts 1 to 4 of 4

RyanSilberman

So, candystand.com was this website a friend of mine introduced to me in 2004, and it would since be one of my favorite websites for online browser games (until it was bought out by other owners in later years before it finally closed down altogether this year). Sometimes I like to use the Wayback Machine Internet tool to revisit the old Candystand pages and see if there's anything that could still be playable. My luck in that regard has been pretty mixed.

Candystand was owned by Life Savers in its prime, so naturally its games typically focused on their products. They were friendly with other brands, though, as they also hosted games with brands from Planters, Nabisco, and even a couple gaming companies. For example, there was Crash Nitro Golf, a short mini golf game done to promote the Crash/Spyro GBA games. There was also an online version of Sonic Spinball used as promotion for SEGA Smash Pack on GBA - That game unfortunately can't be played even when using the Wayback Machine (It locks up after the initial screen).

So here's what I'm trying to say - I thought that was as far as things went with video game promotional content, until suddenly I came across DONKEY KONG COUNTRY: BARREL MAZE! Apparently they promoted DKC for GBA at one point with this thing! And the best part - IT IS COMPLETELY PLAYABLE VIA WAYBACK MACHINE (and Safari and Shockwave, but still)!!!!!!!!!

If you want to play it yourself (again, via Safari and with the Shockwave plugin), you can click here
http://web.archive.org/web/20031211171117/http://www.candysta...

If you just want to know what the game looks like, I decided to record footage of it to show it in action

Edited on by RyanSilberman

RyanSilberman

Twitter:

ogo79

Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

datboiiii

Man I made an account just to say thanks. Been looking for this game for years!

datboiiii

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.