Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Series Discussion

Posts 301 to 320 of 324

yokokazuo

@RatKing64 as DarthNocturnal said, pressing start should skip through cutscenes (at least where people are talking).

I kind of have a backlog of the Japanese games, but I'm trying to focus on one at a time right now. (Currently playing Gaiden as well as a Conquest Lunatic run)

I've heard of Shining Force before, but I'm not all that familiar with it. Are there any particular games you would recommend if I were to play it?

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

edhe

I sold my copy of Fire Emblem GBA yesterday, but I feel I may pick up the download version one day, because I'd really like to see all the support convos I never unlocked.

So after trading it in (among others), I had a look to see what a copy of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn would set me back - Radiant Dawn would cost me £60, and Path of Radiance would cost me £120.

Nintendo really ought to see about getting these games on the switch virtual console (if Gamecube games are going to be available).

I've got no desire to pay that much money if there's a chance the games could appear on the virtual console.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Tyranexx

@DarthNocturnal: Does pressing Start work in Shadow Dragon as well? I've been trying to do a deathless run (minus Frey), but finally threw in the towel last night in Chapter 13. I was nearly done and one of the enemy ballista NPCs got in a lucky shot on Wolf.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

yokokazuo

@Tyranexx yes it does. You can also do it during the enemy phases in battles, however unlike Awakening and Fates, it won't show if a character is killed during a turn so you have to be careful

yokokazuo

Tyranexx

@yokokazuo: Ah, I may just press start when repeating cutscenes then. My copy of Shadow Dragon is used and didn't come with a printed manual. Thanks!

RatKing64

@yokokazuo
There is a Shining Force game on the GBA (Shining Force: Resurrection of Dark Dragon). I think it is a remake of the first game. That is probably the easiest one to start with.

RatKing64

yokokazuo

http://nintendoeverything.com/series-producer-talks-about-the...
The producer of the Fire Emblem series talked a bit about a cancelled Fire Emblem game that was previously planned for the Wii. This game had been previously mentioned before and was going to be a real time strategy game similar to Pikmin.
One of the main reasons for it being cancelled however was that it was so much different from Fire Emblem and with it being a real time strategy game, you weren't able to always plan your movements carefully.

Would have been interesting to see what it could have been like though. I really enjoyed playing Pikmin 3, but I also hated losing Pikmin though

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@DarthNocturnal I've never played Age of Empires and I think Pikmin is one of the only RTS games I've played.
I don't think a main game should be a RTS, but I wouldn't mind a spin-off title.

Also I've recently gotten interested in trying out Tear Ring Saga and Berwick Saga, but is there an easy way to play it? (Are they perhaps available on PS3 or PS4 to purchase?)
I'm not really familiar with emulators at all either, but I guess I might be willing to try it if there isn't an easy way to play the games.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@DarthNocturnal Ah, okay. I guess I'll probably look into an emulator or something to try it sometime.
Then there is Vestaria Saga, but I haven't had any luck figuring out how to run it. I'm not really tech savvy, but I also wonder if perhaps it doesn't work on Mac?

yokokazuo

SomeBitTripFan

That Fire Emblem RTS is actually fascinating. I'm not entirely sure how they would make such a game work, probably since I'm thinking of it through the lens of something like Warcraft III, but I feel like it would have to be fairly small in scale (nothing above 20 units and small-ish to medium sized maps). I'd be really interested to see what the end result would be, however. And I can never say no to interesting pointer-based controls.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

yokokazuo

Just a rumour, but a FE Fates Complete Edition might be releasing for Switch.
[img{https://sickr.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/img_5763.png?w=768[/img]
Artwork looks new I think
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/07/13/amazon-es-briefly-liste...
Seems possible I think. Might wait on buying Birthright to see if this does indeed happen

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

Ryu_Niiyama

@DarthNocturnal That would be amazing but it would torpedo the fanbase.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

yokokazuo

@Octane ah, I see. Thought it looked a bit off. And I didn't fix the link since I was just finishing my break

Well, now I'm thinking it is probably fake then.

yokokazuo

Luna_110

If they did a Fates compilation, they would use the official art for the Special edition, so that thing is fake.

I doubt we'll get a Fate compilation, though. With the Echoes subseries, I thnk they'll focus on remaking the older entries in the series. Maybe we'll get to getting an official version of New Mystery of the Emblem one of these days... or Genealogy.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Fiyaball

Can't wait to see everyone cry tears when they do a Thracia remake...

Fiyaball

Grumblevolcano

@Luna_110 The developers hinted that if Shadows of Valentia did well enough they wanted to do a Binding Blade remake. Which makes sense given Roy is still a popular Smash character.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tyranexx

@Grumblevolcano: Having recently played Blazing Blade, I would fully support a Binding Blade remake.

Fiyaball

Tyranexx wrote:

@Grumblevolcano: Having recently played Blazing Blade, I would fully support a Binding Blade remake.

I'm playing through Binding Blade right now (got a copy in Japan), and a remake would be nice. The game... has some troubles, to say the least. It really needs a remake that at least rebalances the cast and makes half of the cast not suck.

Fiyaball

8bitmagnetsco

They just need to re release all the games not published in the US. I really wanna play Thracia and holy war. I know there are the emulators but I wouldn't mind the remaster👍🏻

I make really cool 8bit magnets check them out-> Etsy shop (direct link also in my profile)
I also do requests! Let me know what you think!
Currently playing FE revelations, FE: SoV, Tales of Berseria

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.