Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Series Discussion

Posts 261 to 280 of 324

yokokazuo

@DarthNocturnal ah, I think I should give the S.T.E.A.M. demo another try. I wasn't really a fan of it when I played it last, but perhaps I'll give it another go. I kind of want to try out the Fire Emblem amiibo in it too.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

LzWinky

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I still need Robin and Lucina... well, and Roy. I also need to play the games they work with (Codename S.T.E.A.M and Fates). I have problems with motivation sometimes...

The Gamestop here had Roy and Robin in stock. You can try them.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Luna_110

I'm really bummed out by FE: Fates.... The idiocy of its characters and its bad script was truly a turn off. Birthright was decent, everytime I saw the story scenes in Conquest I wanted to cry and now I really don't have any motivation to finish Revelations, which is a bummer considering how hard it was to get that stupid special edition.
Revelations has been passable (characters aren't that.... weird?). I finished the chapter where you recruit Camilla, does the story after maintain an acceptable level?

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

yokokazuo

@DarthNocturnal ah, haha.
I played the demo again last night and I did enjoy it a bit I think. On EB Games' website it was listed at around $15 used so I may see if I can pick it up from there. (For some reason it was listed at $4.99 new, but was sold out)
I think Lucina and Robin only got restocks on amazon in Canada.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00V86BJV4/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UT...
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00V86BRHU/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=U...
Still in stock though and at $15.99.

@Luna_110 it's been a little while since I played through Conquest, although I did recently start a Lunatic file and also finished that chapter myself. I wasn't personally a big fan of Fates' story, but I think Conquest was decent aside from a few parts that I do have more of an issue with. I really enjoyed most of the maps in it though.

yokokazuo

LzWinky

No one plays Fire Emblem for the story.

The story thus far: Two kingdoms are at war. Usually at least one dragon is involved. You must stop war. The end.

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

yokokazuo

Forgot to post it, but the Path of Radiance cards came in last week.
Untitled
Along with a 3DS theme. (I also posted a video of direct footage earlier)

yokokazuo

Luna_110

Yeah.... but Corrin is so damn whiny! He screws up and everyone still loved him, in Radiant Dawn Micaiah screwed up and everyone hated her since she was in the opposing army.
If I were Hinoka in Conquest, I'd ban Corrin from Hoshido. And viceversa if I were Leo in Birthright.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

yokokazuo

@Luna_110 Fates is probably one of my least favourite games in terms of the story. I feel it just isn't done very well and has a few holes in it as well. I don't have Birthright yet, but I also had several issues with Revelations.

yokokazuo

Ryu_Niiyama

I think the thing with Fates/If is that it is a "bad ending" scenario for Birthright and Conquest. The games are perfectly serviceable but there is a lot of "why do that?" if you meta game it too much. I sorta turned my mind off and just tried to take the story as is and it made Birthright more enjoyable. I don't like most of the cast for Conquest so I have yet to play that one. Almost done with Revelations (I think, chapter 25) I honestly think there needs to be a fourth game like half the size of Revelations that ties everything together. I think they tried too hard to do the "separate but not really" route so all three games have sizeable plot holes. Perhaps something in a prequel fashion for all three factions? I know normally FE just sorta drops you into the conflict and the history is backstory padding but I think additional information (in gameplay format) is really needed given how the real villain is tied to so many in the story.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

SharkAttackU

Is it a general consensus that the 2 GBA games were the best ones released outside of Japan? I'm thinking of getting them on Wii U VC. I've played Shadow Dragon and Awakening. Loved them both.

SharkAttackU

Luna_110

@SharkAttackU
I recommend both. FE 7 is the best for me, and Sacred Stones is quite good, too. And all those that complain about it being easy haven't gone into the Lagdou Ruins.

Just try to avoid the Tower of Valni, since it allows you to grind and that breaks the game and the strategy aspect. Apart from that, its a good choice.

yokokazuo

@SharkAttackU Fire Emblem (7/Blazing Sword) is my personal favourite, but I do also enjoy Sacred Stones. Second favourite would probably be Path of Radiance on the GameCube. It is another one that is highly praised as one of the best in the series. However this one in particular (and Radiant Dawn) are relatively rare and hard to come by at a decent price, with a rumoured GC virtual console on the Switch though it could see a return.

But going back to Sacred Stones, while it isn't my one of my favourites, it has some of my favourite chapters in it. I'll be a bit vague to avoid spoilers, but one chapter I enjoy has you use a very small amount of units to fight your way to the boss with a limited amount of supplies. Another near the end is a defend chapter and while you do have some NPC units to help out, you can get an item/weapon if they don't get killed so it adds a bit more of a challenge to keep them away from harm while also defending a certain area. (Defend chapters are also my favourite type)

yokokazuo

SharkAttackU

@DarthNocturnal @Luna_110 @yokokazuo Thanks for your input, everyone. Yeah, I'll likely start with FE 7 then go to Sacred Stones after I've finished that. Probably won't play Fates for a while.

It would be nice if Radiant Dawn was available on the Wii U VC. Amazon has a new copy for sale for $120(!) USD. Used copies go for around $80 just for the disc.

SharkAttackU

LzWinky

eh, the Radiance series and the 3DS ones were the best to me. Lunatic Conquest is so much FUN!

yokokazuo

@SharkAttackU yeah I've been hoping for Radiant Dawn to arrive on VC for awhile, but I don't know if it will happen with the Wii U now...
The only Fire Emblem games I don't own are Mystery of the Emblem (FE3) and the Radiant games. I only borrowed them from my cousin and played through them. (Never had a GameCube, but I'm really regretting not getting Radiant Dawn on the Wii, don't even know why I never got it since I had been playing since the first Western games)
As for Mystery of the Emblem, I have the DS remake so I'm not currently interested in getting it. Perhaps in a sale though.
@TheLZdragon While several parts of the story disappointed in Fates, the gameplay in Conquest is generally one of my favourites. I am actually in the middle of a Lunatic run of it as well, I don't usually play on the hardest difficulty, but just decided to give it a shot. Doing decently well so far I think.

yokokazuo

LzWinky

Who plays for the story? It's always "one kingdom attacks another, and there's a dragon"

yokokazuo

@TheLZdragon There's a lot more to them than that and I've found most of them to be at least decent and most characters were interesting, but with Fates it kind of ruined some of the enjoyment. Most of the characters never really appealed to me save for a few (mainly Odin, Selena and Laslow 😛).
Some character deaths that occurred also were usually with characters I hardly knew or didn't get much/any time to develop more so I didn't really care about them much.

yokokazuo

Fiyaball

SharkAttackU wrote:

It would be nice if Radiant Dawn was available on the Wii U VC. Amazon has a new copy for sale for $120(!) USD. Used copies go for around $80 just for the disc.

If you live in America, you can try and see if you can get a copy from your local Family Video. It didn't have the manual, but I got my copy for $10 there!

Fiyaball

yokokazuo

There is also a main topic for it, but Fire Emblem Warriors has been announced!

yokokazuo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.