Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Series Discussion

Posts 101 to 120 of 324

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: If my calculations are right, the other games hardly cost one GB. Just comes around 300-400 MB.

I wonder if the next game, Nintendo can add armor.....seeing as how Final Fantasy Tactics did that.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Socar

I'm curious just how Fire Emblem is inspired from Dragon Quest. The only thing that it does have similarities is that they are both centered in medieval. Other than that, not much.

Many sources say that Fire Emblem is the origin of Tactical RPGs and it shows because its the only series that knows the genre the best.

SamuraiSonic

I don't think Fire Emblem was inspired by Dragon Quest that much. Still, you never know.

So, quick question. What is your favourite Fire Emblem game, and for what reasons?
Personally, I have to pick Path of Radiance, due to the characters, story and setting.

You'd better behave yourself, for the Avatar is watching you...

Socar

@SamuraiSonic: Fire Emblem Awakening for a couple of reasons.

1. First Fire Emblem game I've played and the one that's got me into the series.
2. Charming characters that I still won't forget to this day.
3. Awesome Gameplay and is the game responsible for making me love tactical RPGs.
4. Memorable Soundtrack....infact, a lot better than Fates.
5. Very accessible game.

You might ask why I didn't include a story here. That's because I just don't know what to think of the story as I both love it and I'm not sure if I can say if its the best story in the series.

Luckily though, its not something like Phantasy Star where you have to get all the games to get the entire story experience....a little.

SamuraiSonic

@Socar: I agree with you on the characters, Awakening is full of memorable ones.
I personally found Awakening's story to be a little weak in places, but overall it was pretty good.
I think I prefer the story in Path of Radiance largely because of the focus on politics, which is usually skimmed over in other entries of the series. It's a little strange because I can't stand real world politics. XD

Edited on by SamuraiSonic

You'd better behave yourself, for the Avatar is watching you...

Socar

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Socar wrote:

Fire Emblem is one IP that they have to like value as much as others.....heck, its even doing better than what F-Zero could have ever hoped to achieve.

Given that the last F-Zero was released in... what, 2003.... is that really a fair claim?

Can I add? The last notable F-Zero game came out on the Gamecube, a console competing with the PS2, was not designed for mass appeal, was outsourced to SEGA (who I doubt were given the warning that F-Zero would be going on the hiatus it's now on), and was the third (the GBA entries honestly shouldn't count) game to come to the US. When you compare that with Awakening, which was on 3DS, the only successful dedicated gaming handheld of its generation, was designed for wider appeal, and was the sixth game to come to the west, it shouldn't be a question as to why the series has more traction than F-Zero, currently. If Fire Emblem hadn't shifted as it did in Awakening, it would probably be in the same place. It was given a chance though, which it (almost unfortunately) took.

Here's the oddball here.....and yeah I'm late trying to make sense here so sue me!

The Fire Emblem DS games if I remember correctly didn't sell well despite the DS being huge.....So I don't think success of hardware is where more sales of a not so big IP will be done well....I mean, Chibi Robo? Wario? All those IPs that Nintendo finally makes after a long time but does something different is what would cause potential lack of sales.

Or idk......I'm probably just goofing around I guess.

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: Miyamoto-San clearly stated that they weren't happy with GX sales one bit.

And If I'm not mistaken, Skyward Sword was going to be the last game in the Zelda series if it didn't sell well......it did, and yet many still hate the game for some reason....though I was fine with it until I had to play it the second time in Hero mode.

My real issue here is that Nintendo needs their IP more than they need new ones. They are known for that. Removing an IP is removing their audience which is something Nintendo may have to seriously take seeing how many IPs they own and yet they don't make use of them.....and I'll be the first to admit that I miss Wario series a bit. I wanted a brand new Wario game but I guess sales show that Nintendo might not make another one ever again.

FE may end up like F-Zero if Nintendo/Intelligent systems have no idea what new things they can put in the series......and speaking of which, that worries me because after playing fates, besides changing the way to promote classes or getting new classes, what new things could they possibly do to the series?

" A series that was still niche outside of Japan" That may no longer be the case now seeing how Fates reached higher than what Awakening ever did. Infact, I still have faith that the genre will slowly move away from being niche thanks to the likes of Fire Emblem.

jump

@Artwark find a quote saying Zelda was going to be cancelled otherwise I call it as you're making things up yet again. The funny thing is SS is one of the weakest selling Zelda titles on one of the biggest selling consoles.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@arronishere: I read one that stated otherwise but I guess it was just a rumor.

Anyways, Another poll time!

Who's better? Adventurer or Bow Knight?

Luna_110

I doubt they even dream of cancelling Zelda, it is one of the S-class sellers. It is also one of the games that moves a lot of hardware.

Fire Emblem, on the other hand, was a C or D class seller until Awakening.... Radiant Dawn's sales were terrible.

Between Adventurer or Bow Knight, I prefer Adverturer for the pass skill. Plus, in Conquest, it frees up Elise to keep her on offence as a strategist.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

yokokazuo

@Socar I couldn't find any when I looked for it, but here is Shadow Dragon's version of the song called After the Battle

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Socar

@Kazuo: Even better!

So Shadow Dragon is a remake of the NES game right? What is so bad about the remake that the original doesn't have?

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: Yeah.....the visuals aren't that great compared to even the GBA ones....guess Intelligent systems isn't that great in making 3D Models.

Even for Awakening and Fates, while the cutscenes are beautifully animated, the in game models have some tear when units have capes.

So.....compared to all the IPs that Nintendo has, how much as of now FE series has sold? ( I hope its more than 10 million! )

Edited on by Socar

Luna_110

@Socar
That song is called A knight's oath in FE7

And it is called Vow in FE: Path of Radiance

Hope you like it!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

yokokazuo

@Luna_110 oh, I had forgotten (or didn't know) that it was in several other games. I've played through FE7 recently so I should have realized that haha.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Socar

@Luna_110: I haven't played FE7 So I don't want to spoil the fun of that song knowing that I haven't played it because I need to get that game sooner or later! XD

As for the other one, while I haven't played it, I listened and its not as epic as the original and the remake but still nice nonetheless.

@DarthNocturnal: So with the total added, it comes as 6 Million units......shocking how the GBA games don't have the sales figures outside of Japan...... since those games were the ones that made FE games happen for the west....

Its not even bigger than Metroid! silly @CaviarMeths and his theories.

Edited on by Socar

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: That's crazy....surely the US sales of FE7 should have reached in good numbers. There is no way that it had low sales because if it did have it, then I don't see how Nintendo got motivated to release the FE series to the western market.

Socar

@DarthNocturnal: For a title that's niche, that kind of sales are to be expected....compared to Fates though, its not that huge.

I don't agree with the lackluster sales thing though. As of now, Sonic isn't doing as what he's suppose to be doing....yet SEGA puts up with that a LOT more than you can think.

I find it odd that SEGA gets to include Sakura and yet hasn't made any attempt to localize Sakura Wars series even once. I never gotten myself into the series but from the footage and from the images alone, it looks like its worth playing the game. Heck, it rivals to that of FE even!

Going a bit off topic here but I still.....to this day cannot understand why on earth Valkyria Chronicles can't be ported on either the 3DS or Wii U. Considering how huge the market is on TRPGs on the 3DS, this is a no brainer for SEGA. But I guess business is the reason behind it and blah blah blah.

Back on topic, do you guys think that Intelligent systems ought to like make the next Fire Emblem game look like Codename S.T.E.A.M/Chronicles?

I don't like the interface on Chronicles simply because you have to select the unit from the map perspective, then it zooms into the situation and then you move your character. Yeah, I can get used to it but its still annoying occasionally.

Socar

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Socar

Fire Emblem clearly did have lackluster sales from Radiant Dawn onwards, which was a drop from the only somewhat lower sales of the Advance era. That's why it's franchise was in jeopardy. It's why Awakening was made as one grand swan song... which sold far better then any previous FE game AND in all regions, thus making it not-a-swan-song.

Sega's current situation is what happens when you DON'T turn things around enough. And not just Sonic. Hopefully they have something good planned for the 25th Anniversary of Sonic, as well as continuing with the PC /remastered port plan (which seems to be doing alright, so far).

VC on 3DS would require a lot of work. Lots of downscaling. VC 2 and 3 got flak due to smaller / split up maps on PSP. It would probably be the same on 3DS. As for Wii U... well, PS4 has that whole "different architecture" thing. Depends on if they wanted to foot the bill... and I guess they didn't.

A Chronicles/ STEAM FE... could be interesting actually. I'd also like to see a "Fire Emblem Warriors".

The reason why i think radiant dawn didn't do so well and probably one of the reasons why before awakening, FE sales were declining was because of the graphics just not being that great back then compared to the GBA ones and the ones on the 3DS. Intelligent Systems compared to Nintendo aren't that great into making 3D models.....except for Awakening and Fates....idk....just my opinion I guess.

As for SEGA, they better be in this years E3 if they want their audience to even give a damn about them! >:<

I don't think it will require lots of downscaling to port VC2 or 3 considering how STEAM didn't face any technical flaws (Atleast from the footage). Seeing as how SEGA themselves understand 3DS's limitations (to be fair, its all M2's doing), it won't be that hard to do so. Infact, doing the opposite might actually be one of the few things to bring back the glory SEGA.

On second though, Screw the idea of Emblem becomes chronicles.....They might screw up the interface and it might be as frustrating as Chronicles. Besides, its too expensive for something like Fire Emblem to do something like that.

After all, that's one of the few reasons why we can't get a console FE game right?

Edited on by Socar

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.