Forums

Topic: Dreamcast discussion topic (changed from recommendations)

Posts 81 to 95 of 95

DavynD

Jet Grind Radio. That is all.

"Where are all the Sour Patch Parents?"

Tasuki

Ok well I just picked up a Dreamcast from a retro game store today for $20. I wasnt planning on getting it but 20 buck is a good price for a system that everyone says was one of Sega's best next to the Genesis anyways. It came with one controller all the hookups and something the guy at the store called a VMU.

So I got the system now and I am wondering what games to get. I plan on getting Soul Caliber since I have always been wanting to play this one and I have all the other ones in the series. So other than Soul Caliber any other good games? I enjoy RPGs and fighting games mostly but I do like some sports and platforms games as well. I will take any and all suggestions.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Ok well I just picked up a Dreamcast from a retro game store today for $20. I wasnt planning on getting it but 20 buck is a good price for a system that everyone says was one of Sega's best next to the Genesis anyways. It came with one controller all the hookups and something the guy at the store called a VMU.

So I got the system now and I am wondering what games to get. I plan on getting Soul Caliber since I have always been wanting to play this one and I have all the other ones in the series. So other than Soul Caliber any other good games? I enjoy RPGs and fighting games mostly but I do like some sports and platforms games as well. I will take any and all suggestions.

Record of Lodoss Wars and Shenmue (if you wanna stretch the meaning of RPG). I hear Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II are good, too.

As for fighters: Project Justice: Rumble Schools 2, The Last Blade 2, King of Fighters '99 Evolution, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Street Fighter III Double Impact, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs. SNK.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Old_School

There is talk of putting a Dreamcast VC on PS3

Vegeta: Just...just...transform damn you...
Bulma: We are going to have a penthouse sweet...and he'll drive a corvet...and we will make love every single...
Zarbon: (transforms)
Bulma: KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Old_School

Mickeymac wrote:

Old+School wrote:

There is talk of putting a Dreamcast VC on PS3

Already done. Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure already on XBLA and PSN, with more to come.

Nice, hadn't looked on PSN for awhile, well, for anything but RB songs...I would like to see Grandia 2 for sure! That and they need a Saturn VC, I miss it! Shouldn't of sold mine!

Vegeta: Just...just...transform damn you...
Bulma: We are going to have a penthouse sweet...and he'll drive a corvet...and we will make love every single...
Zarbon: (transforms)
Bulma: KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Tasuki

Mickeymac wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Record of Lodoss Wars and Shenmue (if you wanna stretch the meaning of RPG). I hear Skies of Arcadia and Grandia II are good, too.

As for fighters: Project Justice: Rumble Schools 2, The Last Blade 2, King of Fighters '99 Evolution, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Street Fighter III Double Impact, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs. SNK.

Wow thanks for the list. I am really glad that I picked it up now lol. I have Skies of Arcadia on the Gamecube so I will probably pass on it for the DC but that is a nice list of fighting games. Thanks guys for all you suggests if you have any more keep them coming.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ristar42

That animation is funny - I remember how some people just got totally swept along in the PS2 hype, Dreamcast was a great console even if it was super loud reading from the disc and the VMU did that weird beeeep! eveytime you turned it on. Good memories
I still play it, though mostly for the SNK fighters and Rez these days.

Ristar42

HolyMackerel

Mickeymac wrote:

Ristar42 wrote:

Was there ever a better reason?

Playing with 3 friends in ChuChu Rocket!, Power Stone 2 and Spawn: In the Demon's Hand. Yep, those are better reasons.

HolyMackerel

CanisWolfred

HolyMackerel wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Ristar42 wrote:

Was there ever a better reason?

Playing with 3 friends in ChuChu Rocket!, Power Stone 2 and Spawn: In the Demon's Hand. Yep, those are better reasons.

Well I guess I can't argue with that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.