Retro Forum

Topic: Do You Believe A Game Is Never Dead?

Showing 21 to 40 of 50

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

21. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Yup. E.T. was so bad, but it gave me something to smile about.

I laughed in pity.

Someone out there is probably enjoying Aliens: Colonial Marines as I type this.

Someone out there may be playing it. Enjoying it? Doubtful.

HERESY! :D

Untitled

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

22. Posted:

my immediate reaction would require me to spoil the ending to obscure DS game Contact, which is too good an ending to spoil

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

23. Posted:

well, games cancelled before released are dead until(IF) some good person/company decides to revive it.....

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JaySkyBlue

24. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

well, games cancelled before released are dead until(IF) some good person/company decides to revive it.....

Well yea that's true. Still some people play the unfinished version just for the hell of it like Sonic Xtreme for example.

Classic Gamer! (:

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

25. Posted:

JaySkyBlue wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

well, games cancelled before released are dead until(IF) some good person/company decides to revive it.....

Well yea that's true. Still some people play the unfinished version just for the hell of it like Sonic Xtreme for example.

that's true too! and some fans make their own "versions" of cancelled games(mostly on RPG maker though)
but it's still sad when a game is cancelled.....

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

26. Posted:

A game is truly dead when it is forgotten.

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy V, and Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

27. Posted:

but if the game was cancelled it was never alive????

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

28. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

but if the game was cancelled it was never alive????

it was alive if it was at least announced, since it build hype and make many people love it even before launch

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

29. Posted:

There is at least one game that "died": Swypeout Battle Racing. It was so named because of the "card reader" it had - you swiped cards with different cars or upgrades to use in the game. It was one of the ancestors of games like Skylanders or Disney Infinity. It was really cool, and it used to be one of my favorite games. But, I'll quote the Wikipedia article:

Wikipedia wrote:

Swypeout Battle Racing, or simply Swypeout, was an online personal computer game produced by Spin Master that was released in 2007. On January 1, 2009 the Swypeout Battle Racing online service was closed.

Thus, you literally cannot play this game anymore, because it had no single player campaign, and it was online only. By shutting down their servers, the game was effectively "killed".

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Yes, I am a brony. And proud of it. Get over it. :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

30. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

There is at least one game that "died": Swypeout Battle Racing. It was so named because of the "card reader" it had - you swiped cards with different cars or upgrades to use in the game. It was one of the ancestors of games like Skylanders or Disney Infinity. It was really cool, and it used to be one of my favorite games. But, I'll quote the Wikipedia article:

Wikipedia wrote:

Swypeout Battle Racing, or simply Swypeout, was an online personal computer game produced by Spin Master that was released in 2007. On January 1, 2009 the Swypeout Battle Racing online service was closed.

Thus, you literally cannot play this game anymore, because it had no single player campaign, and it was online only. By shutting down their servers, the game was effectively "killed".

even with "caertain methods"? I mean many online only games are ha*k*d to work after the server is shut down.....

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Electricmastro

31. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

but if the game was cancelled it was never alive????

Then it died in the womb, not getting the ability to see the light of day. :(

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Spyro: Year of the Dragon, Gex, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Final Fantasy V, and Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sonic Classic Collection).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JaySkyBlue

32. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Gioku wrote:

There is at least one game that "died": Swypeout Battle Racing. It was so named because of the "card reader" it had - you swiped cards with different cars or upgrades to use in the game. It was one of the ancestors of games like Skylanders or Disney Infinity. It was really cool, and it used to be one of my favorite games. But, I'll quote the Wikipedia article:

Wikipedia wrote:

Swypeout Battle Racing, or simply Swypeout, was an online personal computer game produced by Spin Master that was released in 2007. On January 1, 2009 the Swypeout Battle Racing online service was closed.

Thus, you literally cannot play this game anymore, because it had no single player campaign, and it was online only. By shutting down their servers, the game was effectively "killed".

even with "caertain methods"? I mean many online only games are ha*k*d to work after the server is shut down.....

Yep! And what about NetPlay?

Classic Gamer! (:

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

33. Posted:

I can't believe I typed CAERTAIN instead of CERTAIN.......

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

34. Posted:

However, I also think that nobody cares enough to figure out how to wire it to run on their own servers, so I think it will remain "dead".

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Yes, I am a brony. And proud of it. Get over it. :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

35. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

but if the game was cancelled it was never alive????

Then it died in the womb, not getting the ability to see the light of day. :(

thank you for giving me nightmares

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sonomin

36. Posted:

There has to be a simple game that someone made on their free time and simply forgot about it. Thus, it's truly forgotten.

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JaySkyBlue

37. Posted:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

There has to be a simple game that someone made on their free time and simply forgot about it. Thus, it's truly forgotten.

Unless it's posted on Youtube or websites.

@Gioku : What about Netplay???

Classic Gamer! (:

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LeasTwanteD

38. Posted:

Untitled
nuff said

NSFW

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

39. Posted:

beatalLiToaD wrote:

Untitled
nuff said

not even need to go so far from nintendo consoles(or searching stuff)
I'm still sad about this one....
Untitled

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JaySkyBlue

40. Posted:

Maybe i should have been more specific. O.o I about full games that have been released?

Classic Gamer! (: