Forums

Topic: Couldn't the Gamecube and PS2 have had support till 2012?

Posts 1 to 14 of 14

Coolysouthkid

TBH I feel as if they could of supported the Gamecube and PS2 well into 2012. Idk I just feel when 2006 came along people cared more about realism and graphics over what games should be fun. I noticed today's consoles don't really have the games we had in previous generations. I'm not bashing any system since I have had pretty much all of them but idk it just feels like a different game if you will compared to previous game eras. Like if the PS3 and Wii were released this year and the Wii had the power the Wii U has would that really be such a bad thing? Maybe it is me thinking technology is moving to fast. It seems kids and adults only want games with high tech graphics and realism where the bloods looks so real. However when game makers make these games it seems they take out the fun factor for the latter. Sure GTA 4 has realism and graphics but I can't be the only one who thought GTA SA had much better gameplay and was more fun. Wouldn't it have been better for people to have lived in the HD era for a bit and then release HD systems not making people so obsessed? Note this is just my view so please no bashing or hating since I respect everyone's views on this matter

Coolysouthkid

Twitter:

LzWinky

You can't really successfully support two consoles at the same time. Publishers will only want to support the latest greatest thing.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Coolysouthkid

LZBirdboi wrote:

You can't really successfully support two consoles at the same time. Publishers will only want to support the latest greatest thing.

No thats what I mean. like if the Gamecube and PS2 were still things up until this year saying if the PS3 and Wii were just out this year

Coolysouthkid

Twitter:

The_Fox

It's just the way the tech industry is. People have always wanted the most powerful computers/consoles and flashiest gadgets. It a company refuses to evolve they're dead.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Happy_Mask

There is a console you can play games on that always adapts and keeps support. It's called a pc.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

rayword45

Happy_Mask wrote:

There is a console you can play games on that always adapts and keeps support. It's called a pc.

Except to keep up, you need to buy a new one pretty often.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

The_Fox

Happy_Mask wrote:

Kinda. The older the games are the more of a headache it is to get them working on the current OS.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

theblackdragon

The_Fox wrote:

It's just the way the tech industry is. People have always wanted the most powerful computers/consoles and flashiest gadgets. It a company refuses to evolve they're dead.

Pretty much this — as soon as the new hotness hits, what came before is usually left in the dust.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

MikeDanger

Honestly I think the PS3 started to pick up steam in 2010. Now they're going to reveal the PS4 next year and have a slow @ss start like it's been going on for every console since 2006?
Instead of upgrading I think theshould try to perfect what they have currently first. I mean isn't that what firmware update is about?

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Tasuki

rayword45 wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Not really you can upgrade certain parts like the vid card, ram, sound card etc. which definitely runs alot cheaper than a new system.

And I though Sony was still supporting the PS2? Did they stop recently?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Coolysouthkid

Tasuki wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Not really you can upgrade certain parts like the vid card, ram, sound card etc. which definitely runs alot cheaper than a new system.

And I though Sony was still supporting the PS2? Did they stop recently?

Dec 28th was the last day. But I mean support like if it was the current system (what if scenario I mean)

Coolysouthkid

Twitter:

the_shpydar

I'm not sure i even understand what this thread is trying to say, and i read the OP like 5 times.

One day, people will realize that "more powerful console" does not just mean "better graphics". More powerful CPUs, GPUs, XYZs mean that programmers are able to do more with the code, create better AI, better programming logic pathways, etc etc etc.

In short, better technology (theoretically) allows for "better" games.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

LZBirdboi wrote:

The NES and SNES coexisted for about three years.
The SNES was getting new games most of the N64's lifespan in Japan (and through their legal flashcart system, there were still selling SNES games until the release of the Virtual Console).
PS1 and PS2 had a couple years of overlap. (it was very easy to find PS1 games new in stores through 2004)

But the Wii was dead as soon as the 3DS was released (about a year and a half before the Wii U)

Sadly the PS4 will probably be a repeat of PS3. As soon as that system starts to take off and become profitable, they start talking PS5.
(I've honestly sometimes forgot the PSVita even came out, shaping right up to be a repeat of the PSP, except at least the flood of movie UMDs nobody wanted at least reminded us there was a console out. )

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.