Showing 1 to 20 of 42
1. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 05:41 BST
Hey everyone,my friend and I have been trying to beat a bunch of 2-player SNES games lately and we have pretty much run out of games that we own that we haven't already beaten so I decided to come to the forums and ask for some of your recommendations!
The games we've beaten thus far are...Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Zombies Ate My Neighbors (not beaten, but a work in progress), The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (currently playing), and we're considering playing Secret of Mana. Other than the games already listed, do you guys know of any other good 2-player co-op SNES games.
Also...if you know any good 2-player "competitive" games, feel free to include those as well. After we beat a game, we usually end up having a little Bust-A-Move tournament or something like that. Thanks in advance!
Check out my Classic Video Game blog:The Time Traveling GamersCurrently Playing: Super Metroid,Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure, Super Mario Sunshine, and Bit.Trip Runner.
2. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 05:43 BST
Well, of course there's Street Fighter II, and Super Mario Kart
Wii Friend Code 8374 5861 5332 3075
PSN ID: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
Super Smash Bros. Brawl code 0088-0142-8986 (Caleb)
Goldeneye 007 4603-4818-2293 ([NL] Viper 04) NL Clan's Official Website
3. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 07:20 BST
Goof Troop! One of my favorite SNES games. Also: Super Bomberman! You can actually play through the "story" mode in co-op! And it has the usual awesome vs. multiplayer, of course.
My Backloggery Not in common use, but I update with relevant friend codes. Look them up there.
4. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 07:23 BST
Goof Troop!! I love that game!!My dad & I would always play that! Worked out perfect that way. XDExcept my name isn't Max... but it is 3 letters long!
Edited on Tue 30th June, 2009 @ 07:23 by RurouniTeeter
“I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!”
5. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 07:25 BST
I played it with my brother. He's only four years older, but he'd always take Goofy anyway. I wish Capcom and Disney would work out a VC deal just for this game (there are other good ones, but this is of primary concern to me).
6. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 07:28 BST
My favourite co-op game on the SNES has to be Contra III, it's a whole heap of fun blazing through that with a buddy, and it does make it a wee bit easier too thankfully!
Operations Director @ Nintendo Life and Push Square
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6058-7975 | Nintendo Network ID: dazcee | Twitter: dazcalvert
7. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 07:35 BST
I'm with Daz on Contra III. Also, a bit of an odd duck... what about Kirby's Dream Course? It's a weird game, but it's good fun with a friend.
8. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 07:37 BST
Ah, so much fun to be had on the SNES. All these had some great co-op, but the one I had the most fun with was Zombies Ate My Neighbors! Me and my brother used to play it all the time. Frantic zombie shooting action, little bit of exploration, a few puzzles, crazy chainsaw-wielding monsters, and a giant baby! What more could you ask for?
Wii #: 4934-6061-8573-6060The Conduit: 0130-9569-7634 MKWii: 4082-2727-0570 SSBB: 1934-0318-3430 Tetris Party: 4253-6602-9859 Dr.MRx: 2478-5256-1804
9. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 07:49 BST
@Clayfrd: Yeah, I'm a Kirby's Dream Course fan. Used to play it with my dad. Glad it's on VC. I should download it on my Wii sometime (my brother already did, but I haven't gotten around to it)...
10. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 08:40 BST
My best friend since 6th grade just got very sick recently with some odd medical conditions. We always bs about old games and systems we used to play, and how alot of them were way better than new ages ones. Since he can barely leave his house at times and since there is little in our opinion that is fun as multiplayer (non-online) games for our newer systems, I decided to start breaking out some old ones as well as digging through E-bay. Between E-bay, flea markets, and what I already had, I've grouped these for him and I to jam on as some of the better SNES multiplayer games:
1. NBA Jam & NBA Jam Tournament Edition (If you aren't into sports you might not enjoy these, but if you are then they definitely rock and can be played for hours on end as competitive or co-op).
2. Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (Challenging 2p co-op side scroller. Has a cool vibe to it, and it's fun as hell smashing and kicking guys in the face as well as off the screen with wild blows).
3. Rock n' Roll Racing (This is one of the better multiplayer games of all time IMHO. It's a Twisted Metal and Mario Kart of sorts with groovy rock jams and upgradeable vehicles. You definitely want to pick this one up.)
4.Tetris Attack (Addictive).
5. Mortal Kombat Series (Between MKs and NBA Jams, there is no telling how many hours I logged on my SNES back in the day).
6. Double Dragon (Not quite as good IMO as Battletoads, but still fun. They did a crossover too that wasn't too bad).
7. Final Fight I-III (Another series of side scroller beat-em up).
8. Super Bomberman 2 (This definitely will keep you occupied in competition for quite some time if competition be ye cup of tea).
I'm sure there are tons of others too, but those come to mind as some of the better ones. That ought to keep you busy for a while!
11. Posted: Tue 30th Jun 2009 13:21 BST
-Goof Troop is an awesome game! My brother and I have beaten that game many times and it never gets old...you've just have to wait a while before you play it again so that you don't remember all of the puzzles.-I'll definitely have to check out Super Bomberman considering it has co-op and competitive. The Bomberman series is almost always a good time! Thanks for the recommendations!
@Fear-Thanks for the extensive list...Tetris Attack is great (I've gotta get my hands on that game). Any Battletoads games is usually a lot of fun and a good challenge as well. NBA Jam is a lot of fun too. I'm definitely going to be looking into Rock n' Roll Racing, since I've never played it, despite hearing numerous great things about it.
-Thanks to everyone else for contributing as well...feel free to keep 'em coming![Oh, and I forgot to mention...Kirby's Dream Course is a great game, although it takes a lot of time to master. Good times though!]
Edited on Tue 30th June, 2009 @ 13:22 by Poochy123
12. Posted: Wed 1st Jul 2009 00:00 BST
3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!
13. Posted: Wed 1st Jul 2009 00:03 BST
When my older brother comes to our house we play co-op on Super Mario World,and we just have a blast talking about what type of drugs the developers were taking when they made this game.
VGM = Video Game Musician http://twitter.com/VGP94
14. Posted: Wed 1st Jul 2009 00:04 BST
Soldiers of Fortune. Fun shoot em up. Although I prefer the Genesis version.
15. Posted: Sat 4th Jul 2009 05:34 BST
On the VC there are not many SNES games with co-op...
and that's it already, I think.
Other than these I recommend
16. Posted: Sat 4th Jul 2009 06:30 BST
Zombies Ate My Neighbours. That game got really hard.
Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.Just Say No To Toast!
17. Posted: Sat 4th Jul 2009 06:41 BST
-TMNT IV Turtles in Time-Super Mario World-Donkey Kong Country 1-3
Are all fantastic co-op games to play!
"Nintendo fans are all talk. Nintendo fans are vocal with their mouths, but when it’s time to open their wallets, they’ll spend that $60 on New Super Mario Bros instead." - Activision
Check out my review of Animal Crossing New Leaf over on Digitally Downloaded.
Nintendo Network ID: JosephDigital
18. Posted: Sun 5th Jul 2009 19:22 BST
Kirby Superstar.Donkey Kong Country 2.Teenage Mutant NInja turtles and several other Beat them up games.Goof Troop.Contra.
Don't let my location fool you. I'm Québécois, not Canadian.
19. Posted: Sun 5th Jul 2009 20:28 BST
Thanks again for all the suggestions! I'd also like to recommend to everyone else a great puzzle-platformer called "The Lost Vikings." My friend and I spent about 12 hours romping through that game just the other day and it was a lot of fun...pretty tough near the end too!
20. Posted: Sun 5th Jul 2009 20:34 BST