Showing 41 to 60 of 67
41. Posted: Sat 3rd Apr 2010 01:58 BST
@mnementh - you mean like a portable PowerJoy, the 82-in-1 cart?
Edited on Sat 3rd April, 2010 @ 01:59 by StarBoy91
I am StarBoy91, and I love all things 16-bit =)
My Backloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart
To each their own
42. Posted: Sat 3rd Apr 2010 16:23 BST
1. Metroid 2. Not as good as some of the other Metroid games, but still a fantastic game in my opinion.2. Super Mario Land 2. Best platformer on the game boy.3. Radar Mission. This is out of left-field. I'm not sure anyone else remembers this, it was two games in one. One was based on the battleships board game and the other was a shooting game that put you in control of a submarine. Hardly any one has ever heard of it but it was an excellent game.4. Super RC Pro AM. Similar to the Nes versions and a very enjoyable racing game.5. Kirby's pinball. I'm yet to play a better pinball game, even after all these years.
43. Posted: Sat 3rd Apr 2010 21:54 BST
it's this one:http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/gameboy/pirate/pira...
it's very cool.. my parents bought it to me as a kid, it's from the far east. It's illegal though, it's like pirating of today all the rom's (so it's not something I endorse regarding my Wii...).. it's a double sized gameboy cartidge with a reset button. It has 82 games including Tetris (which I didn't need but could use for multiplayer), and Super Mario Land.. also Tennis, Burgertime, quite a lot of excellent games. Here's the list, although not 100% accurate: http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/gameboy/pirate/82-i...
Edited on Sat 3rd April, 2010 @ 21:57 by mnementh
So ends a saga older than time itself.The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over thefield of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set footin this place again.
44. Posted: Sun 4th Apr 2010 18:40 BST
I have a Game Boy Lite model, but it's boxed up somewhere. And here are what I consider the top 10 B&W Gameboy titles.1. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins2. Zelda: Link's Awakening3. Wario Land4. Tetris5. Metroid II: Return of Samus6. Kid Dracula7. Adventure Island 2: Aliens in Paradise8. Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Legends9. Castlevania Legends10. Parodius
I have a Game Boy Lite model, but it's boxed up somewhere. And here are what I consider the top 10 B&W Gameboy titles.
1. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins2. Zelda: Link's Awakening3. Wario Land4. Tetris5. Metroid II: Return of Samus6. Kid Dracula7. Adventure Island 2: Aliens in Paradise8. Kid Icarus: Of Myths & Legends9. Castlevania Legends10. Parodius
Super Mario Land 2? really? I thought the level design was so bland and poorly thought out for the most part. The enemies were so random, and there was practically zero challenge. At least the World Map was great, and I liked the Carrot/Rabbit ears Power up. Yet I found the first Super Mario Land overall to be the better, more quirky, challenging and fun experience.
Oh and add the first TMNT GB to the list! Anyways, Zelda LA was amazing, and Wario Land was fanastic. Kid Icarus MOM was a nice little suprise, not quite sure if I liked it more than the original...I wasn't big on the level design since you could never fall to your death. But i loved how the mallet was better utilized and the dungeons were less frusturating and more fun this time around, but the music while good doesn't hold a candle to the original The Original had mode charm and it's easiy one of my favorite games of all time, I have such fond memories playing it when i was 6 years old I also reallly need to play Castlevania II: Belmonts Revenge(although rare and expensive) and Kid Dracula
Hell I'd easily give up my copy of Jack Bros(complete) for the Virtual Boy fir Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge.
Edited on Sun 4th April, 2010 @ 18:44 by Donatello
45. Posted: Sun 4th Apr 2010 18:54 BST
1. Link's Awakening2. Pokémon Red & Blue3. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 34. Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
Dragons are cool~ Wii FC: 8902 4871 6029 9319http://backloggery.com/ninten
[19:48] Ninten: lz, your avatar is weird.[19:48] Ninten: Reggie is like..."Duh, no Mother series for you Americans!"[19:49] lz2010: That was the point Ninten ;)
46. Posted: Sun 4th Apr 2010 19:09 BST
I was never able to play it, but I heard good things about MegaMan V. But in terms of games I own, I would supposeLink's Awakening.
FF6: Release year- 1994Kefka's birthday - November 9thSo.... my life is practically mirroring Kefka? Cool.
47. Posted: Sun 4th Apr 2010 22:02 BST
Donkey Kong '94- If I had to pick one game to be stuck with forever on a desert island it would be this one. It has everything you want in a game, it's a puzzler, a platformer, just a great way to kill time. It's the perfect evolution in the Donkey Kong series taking the original and adding in Mario's growth from the SMB series. What I would give for a new WiiWare sersion of this.
I am the one you despise. I am he who says what you really deep down know but are affraid to admit. I am the Anti-Fanboy, the crusader of truth in a world built on your lies.
48. Posted: Mon 5th Apr 2010 07:23 BST
If anyone gets the opportunity to play Mega Man 5, it would go up on many of your lists. Metroid II was really good too. The TMNT games were all good, Darkwing Duck is fun but incredibly difficult, and I really like Street Fighter II. I don't know how rare this game is, but I picked up a JP version of Fatal Fury that's pretty good, even though everything is chibi.
49. Posted: Tue 6th Apr 2010 07:07 BST
Nobody has mentioned this one yet, but my favorite is Final Fantasy Legend II. Next favorite is Final Fantasy Adventure. They're the perfect Gameboy games.
50. Posted: Tue 6th Apr 2010 09:26 BST
guys the best game i had played in this game boy was with a helicopter (i can't remember the name of the game).you had the helicopter and you had to rescue people from the earth using rope and other methods depending the situation...Anyone have played or remember the name of that game??
sounds like choplifter 2. i owned this one as well and my cousin and me played it till our fingers bled ...
@topic: at that time i was a young kid and selected games more for the cover than for the possible quality so my list might well be awkward to some back then i particularly enjoyed (in no particular order):
mercenary forceturtles 2super mario landtetrisprobotector/contragradiusburai fighterparodiusmotocross maniacschase hq
and probably a lot of other games i don't remember right now
51. Posted: Tue 6th Apr 2010 21:19 BST
I'd have to say the best is easily the Pokemon games, I'm sure people have spent dozens of hours on their Game Boy's because of that game. Besides that, I'd say Zelda: link's awakening, Donkey Kong and Mario Land.
Currently Playing:Zelda II: Adventure of Link
52. Posted: Wed 7th Apr 2010 06:05 BST
1. Donkey Kong2. Mystic Quest3. Tetris
53. Posted: Thu 8th Apr 2010 02:12 BST
Seiken Densetsu! Just as the remake Shin Seiken Densetsu was the best GBA game. So I see people on this thread referring to it as Mystic Quest; is that what it was called in Europe? I hate calling it Final Fantasy Adventure, just like I hate calling the Saga games FFLegends.
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
54. Posted: Thu 8th Apr 2010 02:13 BST
There are so many...
Mario is my homeboy!
[00:49] PhoenixSage doesn't understand what's so hot about Metal's mom
For friend codes, check my backloggery.
VGM Bronze Medal - 37 Points
Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64
55. Posted: Thu 8th Apr 2010 05:32 BST
Yes, I'm from Europe and my Seiken Densetsu ("SECRET OF MANA 1") game on the Game Boy is called MYSTIC QUEST. I love this game.
56. Posted: Sat 8th Sep 2012 17:30 BST
You're a kid, you're a squid!
Nintendo Network ID: smp1998
57. Posted: Sat 8th Sep 2012 17:36 BST
3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
i was mieu-fire
58. Posted: Mon 10th Sep 2012 14:21 BST
Links Awakening duh
Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86
Writer for www.sega-addicts.com
59. Posted: Mon 10th Sep 2012 14:34 BST
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
60. Posted: Mon 10th Sep 2012 15:09 BST
Tetris is still my fav Gameboy game of all time.
"Everyone gets old but not everyone gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
Kapp'n doesn't give a squid
All work and no play makes Zerk a dull boy.
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review!
Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99