Forums

Topic: Atari 7800 expansion Module could be in Action at Classic Gaming Expo

Posts 1 to 3 of 3

7th_lutz

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/145566-7800-expansion-mo...

The Classic Gaming Expo will be at Las Vegas on July 31st and August 1st.

The Atari 7800 expansion Module is a project by Curt Vendel with Atari 7800 homebrew programmers giving input on what stuff should be including in the module.

What I know about the 7800 Expansion module is it has 128k of usable ram, built in High score cartridge, improved sound, and a new scrolling mode. The sound either will be 6 channel or 14 channel. It depends if the YM2151 sound chip will be included in the module.

The sound chips that are guaranteed in the module are tia and pokey. Tia Sound chip is the 2600 sound chip. Pokey sound is the sound chip the Atari 5200 and Atari's 8 bit computer line used and is a 4 channel sound chip. A YM2151 sound chip is a sound chip that is used in a lot Atari Games Corp., Capcom, Konami, Sega arcade games used starting in 1984/1985 and is a 8 channel sound chip.

The 7800 Expansion module does nothing for improving the specs for graphics out of the Atari 7800. What the module does for the graphics is the different 320 modes for the Atari 7800 would be more useful for creating games thanks to the new scrolling mode according Atari 7800 homebrew programmers.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

7th_lutz

I don't know what 7800 expansion Module games will be at the classic gaming Expo to showcase the 7800 expansion module abilities. What I know is that there is at least 2 or 3 programmers will be supporting the expansion module.

I know there is plans of a Castlevania game being done for the 7800 module down the road, but isn't the first project the programmer has planned for the module and I not sure there will be demo of the game at CGE as a result.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

7th_lutz

Turbo+Genesis+64 wrote:

Thanks for the news 7th lutz!! Wow, I love the idea of a "Castlevania" game for the 7800!!!

Is there any word when Failsafe will being coming out?

There is no word when Failsafe will be coming. I know that the Failsafe manual was getting finalized back in April. I am guessing the game itself is done as a result. I don't about status on Failsafe since April though. There could some changes to the game or might be some holdup for releasing it right now.

The Author of Failsafe mentioned in May that he is working on a game. I am not sure if involves Failsafe. I know that the author of Failsafe has shawn some interest in developing games for the Atari 7800 expansion module.

Classic Gaming Expo could give the answer on what is going with Failsafe since could give 3 different answers on what is going with the game currently including the game is being delayed

Copies of Failsafe could be first sold at the Atariage booth at the Classic Gaming Expo. Atariage is a vendor at Classic gaming expo besides having a Atari game tournament.

Failsafe might be being redone as as an Atari 7800 Expansion game and that means it will be demonstrated at the Classic Gaming Expo if it is the case.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.