Forums

Topic: Atari 2600, a lookback at the legendary console.....

Posts 21 to 32 of 32

Eel

I did mention these were my favorite Atari 2600 games of the bunch. I enjoy mostly the simpler ones, like Maze Craze, Codebreaker, Secret Quest and Breakout. The others tend to be pretty confusing or hard to look at.

It's mostly the same with the arcade games. I think the ones I have played the most are Crystal Castles, Breakout and Millipede. I actually got the volume II mostly for the Atari 400 emulator. It's kinda nice

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

8BitSamurai

Before there was Smash Bros.. there was the ultimate 4-player multiplayer game!

Untitled

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AlGator

That Atari 400 emulator would have been useful if it had a way to download and save games on it. As it is, I'll stick with my real, working Atari 800 and 800XL for old-school computer fun. The 800's been working since 1981!

http://alsphotographyblog.blogspot.com
Video-gaming since the 1970s

Eel

AlGator wrote:

That Atari 400 emulator would have been useful if it had a way to download and save games on it. As it is, I'll stick with my real, working Atari 800 and 800XL for old-school computer fun. The 800's been working since 1981!

Unless my gamecard is different to yours, you do can save and load games.

I wish I had a real one though, typing is rather cumbersome in this one and I find the Atari 400 computer to be adorable

Bloop.

Eel

I guess you could always type the code of some games by hand. Maybe... If you want to.

I don't really remember that one, so it probably is in volume I.

Bloop.

Oragami

Why is nobody talking about Adventure? That game inspired The Legend of Zelda and is my favorite Atari game.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Eel

That one isn't in my collection. I played it in a plug-n-play game that had the shape of an atari controller though. Nice game

There IS a fan-made mod of it in Volume II. I think i like Secret Quest better though.

Bloop.

AlGator

I was talking about saving/loading disk or cartridge images. That was a lost opportunity - there are some great games out there I would happily pay to have on the go. Star Raiders (the computer version blows the 2600 version away), M.U.L.E., and Ballblazer are three that come to mind immediately.

http://alsphotographyblog.blogspot.com
Video-gaming since the 1970s

unrandomsam

No way I would ever be interested in the Atari 2600 it was awful when I first tried it.

The Vectrex on the other hand looks genuinely interesting.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Eel

AlGator wrote:

I was talking about saving/loading disk or cartridge images. That was a lost opportunity - there are some great games out there I would happily pay to have on the go. Star Raiders (the computer version blows the 2600 version away), M.U.L.E., and Ballblazer are three that come to mind immediately.

Oh well yeah. It's just an emulation of the software. Adding functions that require hardware would've been impossible without making it very expensive (since it would need a special GBA-slot add-on).

Bloop.

Eel

Wow I had no idea

Adventure was the more playable of the bunch, if I remember correctly, the others were just Eh.

Bloop.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.