Retro Forum

Topic: Atari 2600, a lookback at the legendary console.....

Showing 21 to 35 of 35

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

21. Posted:

What's the WORST Atari 2600 game all of time?
E.T or Karate?

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

22. Posted:

Atariboy wrote:

E.T. isn't anywhere close to the bottom of the barrel for the Atari 2600. That reputation is largely one earned during the internet era and out of ignorance. Go somewhere with dedicated individuals that are passionate about the 2600 and E.T. would hardly rate a mention in a worst game list for the 2600.

Well said, and I wholeheartedly agree. :)

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 26 Copies. 2 Sealed, 7 CIB, 3 Boxed, 14 Cart-Only.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

23. Posted:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

What's the WORST Atari 2600 game all of time?
E.T or Karate?

E.T. sure is bad-Well, really bad-, but it's not the worst 2600 game out there.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

24. Posted:

My entire experience with atari games comes from thw DS Atari collection vol II.

My favorite games out of that bunch are Brain Games and A Game of Concentration.

Brain Games even comes with a piano app :D

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

25. Posted:

I did mention these were my favorite Atari 2600 games of the bunch. I enjoy mostly the simpler ones, like Maze Craze, Codebreaker, Secret Quest and Breakout. The others tend to be pretty confusing or hard to look at.

It's mostly the same with the arcade games. I think the ones I have played the most are Crystal Castles, Breakout and Millipede. I actually got the volume II mostly for the Atari 400 emulator. It's kinda nice :P

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

26. Posted:

Before there was Smash Bros.. there was the ultimate 4-player multiplayer game!

Untitled

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

AlGator

27. Posted:

That Atari 400 emulator would have been useful if it had a way to download and save games on it. As it is, I'll stick with my real, working Atari 800 and 800XL for old-school computer fun. The 800's been working since 1981!

http://alsphotographyblog.blogspot.com
Video-gaming since the 1970s

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

28. Posted:

AlGator wrote:

That Atari 400 emulator would have been useful if it had a way to download and save games on it. As it is, I'll stick with my real, working Atari 800 and 800XL for old-school computer fun. The 800's been working since 1981!

Unless my gamecard is different to yours, you do can save and load games.

I wish I had a real one though, typing is rather cumbersome in this one and I find the Atari 400 computer to be adorable :P

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

29. Posted:

I guess you could always type the code of some games by hand. :P Maybe... If you want to.

I don't really remember that one, so it probably is in volume I.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Oragami

30. Posted:

Why is nobody talking about Adventure? That game inspired The Legend of Zelda and is my favorite Atari game.

I miss the Chrono series, and I wish Final Fantasy was back with Nintendo...
Yeah, guitars are cool.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

31. Posted:

That one isn't in my collection. I played it in a plug-n-play game that had the shape of an atari controller though. Nice game :P

There IS a fan-made mod of it in Volume II. I think i like Secret Quest better though.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

AlGator

32. Posted:

I was talking about saving/loading disk or cartridge images. That was a lost opportunity - there are some great games out there I would happily pay to have on the go. Star Raiders (the computer version blows the 2600 version away), M.U.L.E., and Ballblazer are three that come to mind immediately.

http://alsphotographyblog.blogspot.com
Video-gaming since the 1970s

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

33. Posted:

No way I would ever be interested in the Atari 2600 it was awful when I first tried it.

The Vectrex on the other hand looks genuinely interesting.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

34. Posted:

AlGator wrote:

I was talking about saving/loading disk or cartridge images. That was a lost opportunity - there are some great games out there I would happily pay to have on the go. Star Raiders (the computer version blows the 2600 version away), M.U.L.E., and Ballblazer are three that come to mind immediately.

Oh well yeah. It's just an emulation of the software. Adding functions that require hardware would've been impossible without making it very expensive (since it would need a special GBA-slot add-on).

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

35. Posted:

Wow I had no idea :o

Adventure was the more playable of the bunch, if I remember correctly, the others were just Eh.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.