Forums

Topic: 1990 Nintendo World Championships Items from a player

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

Moonrocks

I am Marcelo Gonzalez, the Houston champion from the 18 and Over group of the 1990 Nintendo World Championships. I have been reading recently about some of the grey game cartridges coming up for auction on eBay these first 2 months of 2014, and I thought I would ask about the value of my stuff. I have everything from when I won including my grey cartridge, My Houston gold cup, my nameplate, and probably most importantly, my silver Mario trophy for finishing 2nd at Universal Studios. I have this stuff in storage until March when I move to my new house and I am seriously thinking about selling all of it. I've been following prices on everything except the silver trophy; anyone have a clue on any sales or auctions of that? BTW, Paul Williams, the 12-17 winner in New Orleans is my nephew.

If you're going through hell, keep moving.....Winston Churchill

ogo79

you wanna sell it seriously?
nintendoage.com
theres other nwc winners/contestants on there as well but as well, you should do some more intensive research yourself, as i cannot believe you dont know the value of these items. ps-i live in houston myself
pps-within 2 minutes of posting this exact message on nintendoage.com, you will have received multiple private messages. good luck!

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Moonrocks

ogo;
I appreciate your reply, and I too still live in Houston. I will indeed research this as it seems I can establish some clear providence to what I have and probably raise the value more.

MikeLove

I will give you $150 cash for everything if you are interested. It's old stuff and I will have to buy a new NES to play the game on, so thats why I had to knock the price down a bit. If you include a working NES I will bump up my offer to $190.

MikeLove

Ryno

Man, Nintendo needs to have another World Championships! Just imagine how great it would be that the world could finally witness my mad skills all at the same time!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

ogo79

dont sell anything until youve done yer research.
if you wanna meet up im all ears.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

also im willing to trade my rare yellow zelda test cart for anything in yer collection.

the_shpydar wrote:

ogo79

ooops, i should put a pic too:
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Moonrocks

Uhm....that pic is NOT the Zelda gold test cart.....

GuSolarFlare

ogo79 wrote:

ooops, i should put a pic too:
Untitled

I'll pay $10,000,000.00 for this one! :3

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

KingMike

Dude I once saw a guy list a gold Zelda for 10 grand on ebay!

(yes, it was a joke. The seller even wrote in the listing that you'd have to be stupid to buy it.
I don't remember if he actually put a sixth screw in the cart or if that was another joke.)

KingMike

ogo79

@GuSilverFlame
i take paypal
send me the payment as hard as you can

the_shpydar wrote:

richiez313

Marcelo,

Did you ever sell this 1990 NWC cart? I have a really serious buyer. PM me if by some miracle you are still around.

richiez313

Tasuki

@richiez313 Sorry I already bought it from him 4 years ago and used it in a YouTube video where I ran it over with a steamroller. However if you happen to have any rare Nintendo games for sale I will buy them, my steamroller videos are a big hit.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

the_shpydar

Tasuki wrote:

@richiez313 Sorry I already bought it from him 4 years ago and used it in a YouTube video where I ran it over with a steamroller. However if you happen to have any rare Nintendo games for sale I will buy them, my steamroller videos are a big hit.

@Tasuki
I love the reaction videos people post to your steamroller vids. So many nerd tears ... it's glorious, just like Bobby Roode.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

KingMike

@richiez313 Did you take his answer seriously? Though I remember this isn't the first time someone here has taken a fairly obvious joke response to an offer for a ridiculously high value item seriously.

While there probably are some youtube channel owners who could pay $10k+ for something to destroy it, it's far less likely than getting a sarcastic response on the Internet.

Also, we don't have PMs on this forum, if you haven't noticed already.

KingMike

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.