Retro Forum

Topic: 1990 Nintendo World Championships Items from a player

Showing 1 to 16 of 16

AuthorMessage

Moonrocks

1. Posted:

I am Marcelo Gonzalez, the Houston champion from the 18 and Over group of the 1990 Nintendo World Championships. I have been reading recently about some of the grey game cartridges coming up for auction on eBay these first 2 months of 2014, and I thought I would ask about the value of my stuff. I have everything from when I won including my grey cartridge, My Houston gold cup, my nameplate, and probably most importantly, my silver Mario trophy for finishing 2nd at Universal Studios. I have this stuff in storage until March when I move to my new house and I am seriously thinking about selling all of it. I've been following prices on everything except the silver trophy; anyone have a clue on any sales or auctions of that? BTW, Paul Williams, the 12-17 winner in New Orleans is my nephew.

If you're going through hell, keep moving.....Winston Churchill

AuthorMessage

ogo79

2. Posted:

you wanna sell it seriously?
nintendoage.com
theres other nwc winners/contestants on there as well but as well, you should do some more intensive research yourself, as i cannot believe you dont know the value of these items. ps-i live in houston myself
pps-within 2 minutes of posting this exact message on nintendoage.com, you will have received multiple private messages. good luck!

Edited on by ogo79

ceo of the rare downloads program-"spend yer money on us"
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

Moonrocks

3. Posted:

ogo;
I appreciate your reply, and I too still live in Houston. I will indeed research this as it seems I can establish some clear providence to what I have and probably raise the value more.

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

4. Posted:

I will give you $150 cash for everything if you are interested. It's old stuff and I will have to buy a new NES to play the game on, so thats why I had to knock the price down a bit. If you include a working NES I will bump up my offer to $190.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

Ryno

5. Posted:

Man, Nintendo needs to have another World Championships! Just imagine how great it would be that the world could finally witness my mad skills all at the same time!

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

supermario182

6. Posted:

wow its an honour to have you here.

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

AuthorMessage

ogo79

7. Posted:

dont sell anything until youve done yer research.
if you wanna meet up im all ears.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

ogo79

8. Posted:

also im willing to trade my rare yellow zelda test cart for anything in yer collection.

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

ogo79

9. Posted:

ooops, i should put a pic too:
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

10. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Untitled

Legend of Duck hunt looks awesome!

Untitled

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Moonrocks

11. Posted:

Uhm....that pic is NOT the Zelda gold test cart.....

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

12. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

Untitled

I'll pay $10,000,000.00 for this one! :3

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

13. Posted:

Moonrocks wrote:

Uhm....that pic is NOT the Zelda gold test cart.....

Are you Sure? It looks pretty legit to me.
Untitled

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

KingMike

14. Posted:

Dude I once saw a guy list a gold Zelda for 10 grand on ebay!

(yes, it was a joke. The seller even wrote in the listing that you'd have to be stupid to buy it.
I don't remember if he actually put a sixth screw in the cart or if that was another joke.)

KingMike

AuthorMessage

ogo79

15. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame
i take paypal
send me the payment as hard as you can

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

KingMike

16. Posted:

BOY, THIS IS REALLY EXPENSIVE!

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike