Forums

Topic: 1942--Worst NES soundtrack?

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

LinktotheFuture

I found this game the other day, and was very excited. Only 7 bucks, and I have wanted to try this game for over 20 years. Much to my dismay, the soundtrack is unbearable. An annoying beep the whole time you are playing, then when I turned the sound off, it just made me focus on how much better 1943 is. A total bummer.

The chickens are restless.
3DS Friend Code: 1547-5282-6926

KingMike

I'll let go on account of it's a very early game.
The most disappointing is the RPG Deep Dungeon III's battle music. It's like three bars long. Worse, I am not joking when I say if you stand still for even two seconds, you WILL get in a random battle.
Deep Dungeon II had the same problem of too-frequent encounters, but it at least had tolerable battle music. (I know DD2 was a disk game, and thus had the extra chip and DD3 was a cart game. But that doesn't excuse such a sucky battle tune, when the rest was okay.
Though I only got about halfway through the third game because it had such horrible balancing.)

Though I'm sure there's some pirate games out there I've blocked from memory, that made me consider cutting my ears off.

KingMike

sykotek

I used to play this game non stop from the end to the beginning. It was a good game. It does take some getting used to definitely, but I like the soundtrack. As a matter of fact, the soundtrack is playing right now in my head as I type. I'm gonna go sharpen my knives now.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

the_shpydar

@sykotek
Same here! I played the heck out of this game back in the day (and still sometimes now) and have a strange love of the soundtrack. It actually pops into my head from time to time along with other game musics. As soon as i saw the thread title, the music started up in my head. Now i guess i'll have to jab that icepick in my ear to make it stop. Again.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Aviator
That's awesome??

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

J_K

That's a pretty bad track, but if you grew up with 1942 you're used to it and it doesn't stand out too largely as bad, though the beeping could have been a little less grating. There are worse and one of them has been pointed out. Just don't blame the NES as the arcade version did the same with a different chirpy pitch is all.

My Stuff - http://members.cox.net/tanookisuit/gameinventory.html
The Gamer Theory Forums - http://forums.gamertheory.com/

sykotek

1942 instilled in me a love of posterior kicking SHMUPs. I am grateful to be hardcore.

Anyways, this tune is a classic! How can you not love it?

beep beep bebeep bebebebebebeep! beep! beep! beep! beep! beep! beep! beep! bebeep! x infinity.

...I may make that my new ringtone or alarm tone for my phone. Goodbye Duck Tales ringtone.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

TwilightV

...That sounds suspiciously like morse code to me.

TwilightV

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.