Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One's OS and Xbox Live are a total disaster so close to launch ??

Showing 21 to 40 of 40

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SwerdMurd

21. Posted:

he blames the Xbox One network issues for the delay of Watch Dogs (makes sense), but then extrapolates that the PS4 also has network issues (which he seems to pull out of his..well...you know) and then further extrapolates that it's the reason DriveClub is delayed.

I can believe the Watch Dogs part - and how it's delayed on PS3 as well due to Xbox network's issues (since it's a system-wide, at-once release) - but where the hell did the PS4 network stuff come from!?

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nez

22. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

Both Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts, games with heavy multiplayer components and created by triple A studios, are running at either 720p or 900p and at either 30 or 60FPS on the PS4/Xbox One

BF4 900p/60fps PS4, COD Ghosts 1080p/60fps PS4, BF4 720p/60fps XboxOne, COD Ghosts 720p/60fps not confirmed. This has nothing to do with network issues this is hardware issues which is completely different, network issues don't dictate wether your game can run at 1080p or 720p. Also i'm not surprised Xbox One are having hardware issues, these developers are making games on current-gen next-gen & PC thats 5 different platforms alone. And thats before you add in the fact these developers are not familiar with these next-gen consoles yet, and seeing as these games have been in development for sometime thay would have also been working on incomplete hardware. I'm also not surprised Resogun runs perfectly at 60fps/1080p towards something like DICE's BF4 900p/60fps, two totally different games one being X amount times bigger and more demanding.

People already have free PS4/Xbox Ones i'm not surprised Sony or Microsoft are not throwing out free PS4/Xbox Ones to every journalists or internet reviewer, Adam Sessler overreacts i'm still getting over his overreaction to GOW Ascension. He'll just have to do what others before him have done with the PS2/PS3 its called buying it for work, and he'll not be the only one yet i don't see them crying about not being given a free PS4/XboxOne which thay are not entitled too.

They dont need to have previous experience to develop for next gen consoles seeing as next gen consoles are using ps hardware now

FC: 5129-1521-8163

Twitter: Nelforeign

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

23. Posted:

This guy is actually doing a service to you lot and warning about how you will waste your cash buying a PSONE glitchy crash box... I guess it's just time to wake up and ↓

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

24. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

This guy is actually doing a service to you lot and warning about how you will waste your cash buying a PSONE glitchy crash box... I guess it's just time to wake up and ↓

Untitled

The WIi U OS wasn't all that hot when it came out either and had plenty of issues as well. Its why you never buy a console at launch.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

25. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

This guy is actually doing a service to you lot and warning about how you will waste your cash buying a PSONE glitchy crash box... I guess it's just time to wake up and ↓

Untitled

The WIi U OS wasn't all that hot when it came out either and had plenty of issues as well. Its why you never buy a console at launch.

It's a good thing that mine never had any issues... Except for NFSMW, but those problems were all dodgy EA related ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Fox

26. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

This guy is actually doing a service to you lot and warning about how you will waste your cash buying a PSONE glitchy crash box... I guess it's just time to wake up and ↓

Untitled

l knew it, MadAussieBloke is an alien. Why else would he be supporting the subliminal messages from They Live?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

27. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

This guy is actually doing a service to you lot and warning about how you will waste your cash buying a PSONE glitchy crash box... I guess it's just time to wake up and ↓

Untitled

l knew it, MadAussieBloke is an alien. Why else would he be supporting the subliminal messages from They Live?

Untitled
MadAlienBlokes cover has been blown... Hasta la vista let's roll Arnie ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

28. Posted:

@Sony_70
Someone's gotta buy stuff at launch. If everyone waited, stuff would be alot worse off. People want the new gadget when it comes out. It seems like every console needs some time during the launch period to get things together. It's basically protocol to hear b****ing every 5-7 years when it comes to video games.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

29. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
Someone's gotta buy stuff at launch. If everyone waited, stuff would be alot worse off. People want the new gadget when it comes out. It seems like every console needs some time during the launch period to get things together. It's basically protocol to hear b****ing every 5-7 years when it comes to video games.

I'm mostly saying that becuase I won't be getting one at launch. Trust me if other stuff wouldn't have gotten in the way I would be PS4 day one.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

30. Posted:

It is a terrible cycle

1. Get excited for console
2. Buy console at launch
3. Watch console glitch a lot
4. Get mad at company
5. Update system
6. Buy better version later
7. Pretend #3 and #4 didn't happen
8. Rinse and repeat

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlackStar9000

31. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

It is a terrible cycle

1. Get excited for console
2. Buy console at launch
3. Watch console glitch a lot
4. Get mad at company
5. Update system
6. Buy better version later
7. Pretend #3 and #4 didn't happen
8. Rinse and repeat

best comment on this entire post. Almost all console/new technology launches face issues, like the iphone 4 antenna deal or the 360 red ring of death, both PS4 and Xbone are rushed to market, xbone being even moreso than the PS4 and I wish I could place a better when they come out on this but having a day one patch is proof of this. The Wii U itself wasn't rushed, but corners were cut and services weren't ready for launch, not to mention the big name games, this is still an issue that has yet to be fully resolved but its taken a whole year and still things are not looking too promising, this time next year will be telling for the big 3

BlackStar9000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

32. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
Someone's gotta buy stuff at launch. If everyone waited, stuff would be alot worse off. People want the new gadget when it comes out. It seems like every console needs some time during the launch period to get things together. It's basically protocol to hear b****ing every 5-7 years when it comes to video games.

I'm mostly saying that becuase I won't be getting one at launch. Trust me if other stuff wouldn't have gotten in the way I would be PS4 day one.

I see. I'm guessing the reason why is unrelated to video games? I can respect that. I just think big deals are made out of a very little to othing at all in a lot of cases when people have these sort of discussions.

For example, Wii U has more games I want, but it doesn't have as good as online in comparison. I'd rather just have te games I want, because online doesn't matter that much to me outside of random matching and the internet browser.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

33. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Sony_70
Someone's gotta buy stuff at launch. If everyone waited, stuff would be alot worse off. People want the new gadget when it comes out. It seems like every console needs some time during the launch period to get things together. It's basically protocol to hear b****ing every 5-7 years when it comes to video games.

I'm mostly saying that becuase I won't be getting one at launch. Trust me if other stuff wouldn't have gotten in the way I would be PS4 day one.

I see. I'm guessing the reason why is unrelated to video games? I can respect that. I just think big deals are made out of a very little to othing at all in a lot of cases when people have these sort of discussions.

For example, Wii U has more games I want, but it doesn't have as good as online in comparison. I'd rather just have te games I want, because online doesn't matter that much to me outside of random matching and the internet browser.

Yep unrelated to Video Games, But I'll probably have a PS4 either by the Japanese Launch or around next year's E3. It mostly depends if I plan to get a Vita first.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

34. Posted:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/11/08/watch-t...

Sounds like the Xbox One OS is all good.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

35. Posted:

Dude who got the one early posted more stuff befre being console banned. Stupid on MS's part as the guy said he would reccomend the system despite all the bad news and it was really good.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
[mg]http://i.imgur.com/pS4SQVY.jpg[/img]

My favorite part is this.
Untitled

Gaf Insiders have alot to answer for.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

36. Posted:

The new UI looks pretty slick and Kinect 2.0 seems to be what the device should have originally been. Personally I can't wait to try everything out.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

37. Posted:

Microsoft banning that guy was a dumb decision. It was basically free PR. Outside of the Game DVR thing, everything he said was positive. And since he doesn't have any affiliation with Microsoft he isn't going to purposefully paint a pretty picture. Especially with the coolness of the system. Doesn't sound like we'll see overheating issues with the Xbox One.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

38. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Microsoft banning that guy was a dumb decision. It was basically free PR. Outside of the Game DVR thing, everything he said was positive. And since he doesn't have any affiliation with Microsoft he isn't going to purposefully paint a pretty picture. Especially with the coolness of the system. Doesn't sound like we'll see overheating issues with the Xbox One.

It was stupid but it might a program seeing the only people with One's on live right now are employees in the beta program. Major Nelson said on gaf he's trying to get into contact with the guy to get the console unbanned from live.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

39. Posted:

but having a day one patch is proof of this. The Wii U itself wasn't rushed,

So going by your logic the XboxOne & PS4 having a day one patch is proof thay where rushed? but the Wii U wasn't rushed despite also having a day one patch? Also the Wii U's day one patch was a lot bigger than 300MB.

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

40. Posted:

That interface looks pretty nice. I'm starting to lean back toward the Xbone, especially after the good stuff I'm hearing about Ryse.

rallydefault