Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,841 to 9,860 of 11,903

judaspete

Anyone getting Forza Horizon 3 before it's taken off digital stores? I bought it for the Hot Wheels dlc, but it turns out the base game is also awesome.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

Octane

Why are they taking it offline?

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane Brand licensing for the cars (and/or Hot Wheels) expiration. Forza games always have fixed availability of, what, 4 years? 5? Something like that. It's Horizon 3's licensing limit which is why Horizon 4 released last year. Motorsport 7 should expire next year which is why Motor Sport 8 is being made now.

They tend to sell them at ridiculously low prices and/or give them as freebies on Gold right before they discontinue them, so you can always count on buying an old Forza game for peanuts if you don't care that it looks remotely new anymore.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

redd214

Wonder why there's not more online disapproval about Forza games getting delisted so quickly. Plenty of other racing games with more cars that are older can still be purchased but the forza games only get a few years. I bought the FH3 bundle a couple of weeks ago on the off chance that I'll one day have a device to play it on one day. Just weird there's not more backlash but ah well.

Been playing a bit of Recore last few days and it's a fun little game. Definitely starting to get pretty repetitive but I'm enjoying it for the most part. Wonder if they'll do a follow up to it.

redd214

BruceCM

So, just in case anyone was hoping for anything on Series X|S at Tokyo Game Show ..... They've tweeted to say there won't be anything for those

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Here you go: Forza Horizon 2 10th Anniversary bundle, which includes an absolutely insane amount of cars and all the DLC. Get it while you can. I already checked for you if it can be used in your region, and can confirm that this is indeed the case.

https://www.g2a.com/en/forza-horizon-2-10th-anniversary-editi...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Grumblevolcano

Given what we've seen so far for Japan games on Xbox recently, I could see the TGS Xbox event ending up announcing something like FFXIV or DQX for Game Pass.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@redd214 Agreed. Heck ancient NFS games are still sold, with real cars licensed in them. It seems like EA gets long term blanket licensing and MS just gets short term contracts. That's a big negative for Forza. OTOH, at least they practically (or literally) give away the game at the end.

ReCore is my favorite XBox One exclusive short of the big tentpoles, for sure.

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia yeah not the end of the world and I'm certainly not upset about it, just popped in my head as yall were talking about the delisting. You're right all the NFS games from last 2 gems are still up, you can even still buy Gran Turismo PSP from 2009 if you wanted to lol (though 5 and 6 are gone). Just weird that's all.

I think I remember you speaking highly of Recore. Probably going to finish it up tomorrow or Friday. They really should revisit it imo, with a couple refinements it could be great!

redd214

Dezzy

Ok yeah the main thing about Halo 2 I don't like is the Arbiter missions. Messes up the pacing, and messes with my split-second reactions by changing which types of NPC are friendly/enemy.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@redd214 The only problem with more Recore is, who would want to work with Inafune after what happened with Mighty No. 9? He's probably something of a hot potato in the industry right now.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@Ralizah In proper context I was right, though .

On topic, I have played Halo CE and 2 (Master Chief Collection). 2 was a bit confusing to me because of what @Dezzy mentioned above and I had to read the plot on Wikipedia because I didn't know what was going on. Another issue is that the voices were buried under the soundtrack. There are subtitles but only for cut scenes. Reach was not available when I started playing, so should I play Reach after 3 ODST, then?

Banjo-

NintendoByNature

Hey everyone, my step son has an Xbox one and asked me if he could have a keyboard and mouse for his bday since he wants to try it out with his console. Ive never liked using it, and I know there's an audience for it, but I also know that its not for everyone. Is there anything anyone can recommend that's more entry level and inexpensive? I definitely don't want to drop top dollar on it as im nearly certain he won't like it. After all, he said " I want to try it out."

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@BlueOcean

Yeah it really messes with the story quite a lot. There's a massive chunk where you play as the Arbiter for quite a few hours, and when I finished I just couldn't even remember what Master Chief was doing or where he was.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Banjo-

@Dezzy Same here 😂. I understood after reading the plot on my phone.

Banjo-

Justifier

@NintendoByNature
You could get cheap keyboard and mouse so he can try them. If he really uses them you can get better ones afterwards. There is not even so many games that supports keyboard and mouse combo.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

NintendoByNature

@Justifier thanks, appreciate the reply. I found some $30-50 ones on Amazon. Maybe ill give those a try.

NintendoByNature

Justifier

@NintendoByNature
Or maybe someone you know have some spares they could lend? I have at least two keyboards and couple of mouses and I know I'm not the only one.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic