Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 11,903

banacheck

As some of you know the demo's showed at E3 almost all of them are in pre-alpha stage or a little further in development, so the game's are going to look & run a lot better when thay hit gold master. Every PS4 title was running off actually PS4 hardware, a lot of Xbox One game's where running on "target hardware" or "debug environments" on PC.

Digital Foundry.
it's somewhat dismaying and very concerning that the majority of Xbox One games we saw at E3 were not actually running on console hardware, photos from E3 have emerged showing watercooled CPUs with Nvidia GeForce hardware, a world apart from production Xbox One silicon.

Digital Foundry.
No smoke or mirrors from Sony - everything we saw was running on PS4 hardware

banacheck

banacheck

The Xbox One is set on a different path from the PS4, while the PS4 will be catering more for the Hardcore gamer. Xbox One is going to be catering more for the casual gamer with it's Kinect & TV functions, Xbox One OS also shows it's not a dedicated gaming rig. The PS4 OS while it'll will have other non-gaming features, them non-gaming features don't bog-down it's OS making it more of a dedicated gaming rig. Xbox One is not going for power because of there target audience.

Digital Foundry.
Xbox One architecture and the proof we need that PlayStation 4's 18 CU graphics core has 50 per cent more raw power than the GPU in the new Microsoft console.

Digital Foundry.
if you're wondering why Xbox One has a weaker GPU than PlayStation 4, it's because both platform holders have similar silicon budgets for the main processor - Sony has used the die-space for additional compute units and ROPs (32 vs. 16 in One), while Microsoft has budgeted for ESRAM and data move engines instead.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

shingi_70

Phatosaurus wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

As much as I'd like to believe SCAR deserves it, I highly doubt outright insulting him will help anybody. :/

True.
Back on topic then? Drop the mandatory Kinect and the price and I will buy a Xbone in 3-4 years time.

I don't think Kinect will be dropped due to them putting it in their so that developers won't have to build kinect games or features with wondering about if people have the hardware. Microsoft also wants people able to use Skype and Twitch out the box with video support. I think Sony is making a calculated risk by not having the camera in the box.

People said Killer Instinct was a bad game to bring back.

Also its speculated that Microsoft will announce self publishing or more about its effort toward indies this week at Build

Quote from Mattrick

"We're going to have an independent creator program," Don Mattrick, Microsoft's head of interactive entertainment (read: he's in charge of the Xbox), told me last week. "We're going to sponsor it. We're going to give people tools. We're going to give more information.

Untitled
Untitled

[

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SCRAPPER392

Phatosaurus wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

As much as I'd like to believe SCAR deserves it, I highly doubt outright insulting him will help anybody. :/

True.
Back on topic then? Drop the mandatory Kinect and the price and I will buy a Xbone in 3-4 years time.

That probably won't happen.
That's the biggest consfusion I have when I see someone choosing between consoles. Someone always wants a price drop or an aspect of the console to be dropped.
Many people will buy a Wii U for $300-350 once it gets the games, and people DO like the GamePad. Many people will buy an Xbox One for $500 with the Kinect, and people DO like the UI and Kinect from what we've seen so far.

If you don't like what a console has to offer right from the get go, I don't really get the point in asking any different.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

Phatosaurus wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

True.

That's the biggest consfusion I have when I see someone choosing between consoles. Someone always wants a price drop or an aspect of the console to be dropped.
Many people will buy a Wii U for $300-350 once it gets the games, and people DO like the GamePad. Many people will buy an Xbox One for $500 with the Kinect, and people DO like the UI and Kinect from what we've seen so far.

If you don't like what a console has to offer right from the get go, I don't really get the point in asking any different.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Ralizah

I certainly will never get another Microsoft console again. The game library for XBOX/360 is... meh. Compared to PS2/PS3 at least. Still, mad props to Microsoft for actually listening to their customers for once.

There is no point in speculating on an Xbone without a Kinect. Microsoft has resolved to make it an integral part of the console, for better or worse. I agree with SCAR on this one thing.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Phatosaurus

SCAR392 wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

True.

"Different strokes for different folks".

Ralizah wrote:

I certainly will never get another Microsoft console again. The game library for XBOX/360 is... meh. Compared to PS2/PS3 at least. Still, mad props to Microsoft for actually listening to their customers for once.

There is no point in speculating on an Xbone without a Kinect. Microsoft has resolved to make it an integral part of the console, for better or worse. I agree with SCAR on this one thing.

I thought early on, the 360 had a strong line up. It just dwindled around the time they released the Kinect and all that was left were Halo games, Gears of War sequels and FORZA.
I can see the same happening with Xbone. Microsoft will blow their budget in the first 3~ years on exclusives/timed exclusive deals, then half way through the Xbone's lifecycle the support will begin to dwindle again.

Edited on by Phatosaurus

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

Ralizah

Phatosaurus wrote:

I thought early on, the 360 had a strong line up. It just dwindled around the time they released the Kinect and all that was left were Halo games, Gears of War sequels and FORZA.
I can see the same happening with Xbone. Microsoft will blow their budget in the first 3~ years on exclusives/timed exclusive deals, then half way through the Xbone's lifecycle the support will begin to dwindle again.

That was the reason I jumped on the 360 when I got it years ago. At the time, its library was far stronger than the PS3's, and it was a good deal cheaper, to boot. My reasoning at the time was that it wasn't worth paying $200 extra to play MGS4. Unfortunately, while the PS3 library only got stronger with higher quality exclusives over time, the 360's library of exclusives started to shrivel until the only exclusives it was getting was the occasional shooter or racing game

Also, what didn't occur to me at the time was that Microsoft was an American company and most of my favorite games were Japanese. The 360 had decent JRPG support early on. So much for that.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

shingi_70

I'd agree on Microsoft winding down but that was to focus on Kinect and Downloadable content, But I don't see the same thing happening with the Xbone. The IEB leadership was really different back in 2006 and that team got rid of most of Microsoft's internal developers.

Mattrick has actually had the opposite of this Kickstarting Microsoft to heavily restructure their development studios. Since then they've put Phil Spencer and Phil Harrison in charge and have been developing new studios, as well as comeplely overhauling their current studios.

Right now Microsoft Studios line ups is looking to have some potential, but they still have a long way to go to match Worldwide studios.

343 Industries- Halo 5
Good Science Studios - not announced
Kids and Lifestyle Entertainment- Rumored to be a new fitness IP.
Microsoft Studios LA- TV stuff starting with Halo TV series.
Platform Next- unannounced
Playful Learning- unannounced
Project Dakota- Project Spark
Turn 10- Forza 5
Twisted Pixel- Loco Cycle
Lionhead- Fable Anniversary
Lift London- unannounced
Press Play- Max and the cursed Brotherhod
Rare Ltd- Kinect Sports Rivals
Soho Productions - Upload Studio?
BigPark- unannounced
Black Tusk Studios- New IP shown at the xbox E3 conference
Microsoft Studios Vancouver- Unannounced
Microsoft Studios Osaka - unannounced

Alo a few of those studios have more than one team.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

also Swery65's game

Well I was only counting Internal Developers on that front. But if were also going with current and potential 2nd party partners we have.

Undead Labs- State of Decay(360), Pre-production on its sequel has started (one)
Ska Studios- Charlie Murder (360)
Capybara games- Super Timeforce (360) and Below (one)
4J Studios- Minecraft: Xbox One Edition (one)
Crytek- Ryse (one)
Double Helix Games- Killer Instinct
Frontier Developments- Zoo Tycoon (360 and One)
Grounding Inc (One)
Insomniac Games - Suneset Overdrive (one)
Remedy Entertainment- Quantum Break (one)
Sarbakan- D4 (one)
Signal Studios - Ascend New Gods (360, but I think a port of one is in the works)
Vanguard Games- Halo Spartan Assault (Windows 8/Phone but I'm expecting a port to one)

I know I missed a few.

Honestly at this point Microsoft just needs to announce proper indie support for me to grab their console first. Still exciting times no matter what flasg you fly rather it be Blue, Green, or white.

WAT!

CanisWolfred

Proper Indie support would help the One a ton, I can tell you that much. Otherwise I'd be more likely to buy the Ouya than the One. When the 360's support dwindled, they made up for it with excellent downloadable games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

Proper Indie support would help the One a ton, I can tell you that much. Otherwise I'd be more likely to buy the Ouya than the One. When the 360's support dwindled, they made up for it with excellent downloadable games.

I wouldn't go that far, but yeah most of my purchases on my 360 have been from XBLA.

WAT!

shingi_70

Someone on Gaf found all this potentially related too microsofts indie moves

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield...809:8o1zuq.2.5

Word Mark LAUNCHWORKS
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Game software
There is also a domain relating to this : www.microsoftlaunchworks.net

So maybe Launchworks is the new XNA?

edit:
Another domain named www.launchworksstudios.com rather points to a development team is renamed to launchworks.

edit2: www.playlaunchworks.com

hm...

Plus a Twitter account
https://twitter.com/MSLaunchworks

Guessing this Platform is going to be announced at build tomorrow. Its also why among other things sessions haven't been announced yet.

WAT!

shingi_70

One thing I like about the console is the overall design of the UI.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

FireMario887

@Sony_70: WOW. Those are amazing pics! That Forza Motorsport 5 car (The orange one) looks very nifty, especially with the HD.

FireMario887

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic