Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 11,914

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

So let me just tally things so far:

PRICE: $400 better than $500. Point Sony.
EXCLUSIVES: Microsoft has more, but either way it's objective.
BUNDLE: Microsoft bundles a necessary Kinect. That's impossible for that to be any more positive than neutral.
SUBSCRIPTIONS: PSPlus seems to work really well. Despite the free games being "rentals", you get a sizable amount, and PSPlus is cheaper. Microsoft... well, you can keep those games everyone already owns...
POWER: lol who cares. Point Not Wii U.

So as you can see, most of you are all being silly. Buy the system you want for its positives, don't try and shove its negatives down others throats as positives.
Now play nice.

I'll give you my own version.
PRICE: Doesn't matter. BTW Wii U is $300 which is actually the cheapest.
EXCLUSIVES: Nintendo and Microsoft have 15 each.
BUNDLE: PS4 has 3, Wii U has 2, Xbox One has 1. Doesn't matter, because price varies.
SUBSCRIPTIONS: Xbox One and PS4 require paid online, both have varying free games, Wii U has free online, and free 2 play games possible
POWER: No one can accept shortcomings or advantages of any of the consoles, so the argument is void, overall.

No one is passing off negatives as positives. If someone is nuetral, no one cares. No one should be trying to convince anyone of anything.

As a pretty big microsoft fan

Price: A $100 difference means alot to different people.
EXclusives: Sony hasn't revealed their full hand.
Bundles: There's are any official bundles from Microsoft.
Subscriptions: Nah PlayStation Plus is still a better value since your getting free games every month,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AlexSays

I still like how Sony publishes the most exclusives this past gen, and all of a sudden people are assuming they'll have the least this gen.

Also lmao at the Navy/Linux tangent.

AlexSays

CanisWolfred

It really does suck about how they had to get rid of those PS3s, but I always figured that the whole "PS3 as a Military PC" thing was just a publicity stunt anyways and not something they were serious about. I'd actually be worried if the military seriously thought using game systems to build a super computer was a good use of the taxpayer's money...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Macattack

It makes me sad to see all you people baselessly bashing the XBox One. I for one love the idea of a $500 price tag. Kinect was obviously awesome on the 360, so I can only imagine how well it will perform on One. I know, I know, some people say our privacy could be infringed with the Kinect camera (due to the 'deal' Microsoft has made with the NSA), but hey, I know my overall gaming experience would feel a whole lot safer knowing that the terrorists are getting theirs. XBox One has a bundle of other endless killer exclusives too. (too much to mention in this post)
The only negative thing is how shaky Microsoft has been with their DRM policies. I was all ready and excited to finally be rid of all my so-called 'rights' as a consumer.

"Bye squiggleTail. You were like an online pony father to me or something." - Retro-on-theGo

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

@SCAR Here you go: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-spec-analysi...

Please note, they're relying on the assumptions that the exact specs are true to the leaked specs, since they seem to be accurate based on what Microsoft has divulged. I can't find anything where Microsoft disproved those specs post-reveal, though.

Again, the better specs need to associated with possibly lower specs in other areas. It said lower latency is still an advantage Xbox One has, even with all those "advantages".
The difference is that Xbox One has more custom parts specifically designed for the console. All of it's 8 cores are factually more unique than the PS4's cores. That's an investment Microsoft made, and Sony didn't.
The bandwidth means more data is being sent through the console, but if that data is not designated for only one task, it won't make a difference for a separate function.
I've already said, the PS4 has advantages, but so does the Xbox One. They both offer features that aren't related in any way, regardless of how similar you think the consoles are.
An example of wasted processing, is the other OS feature on the PS3 when it was taken out, which is why I brought it up. Other OS needed the correct components to run off of the PS3 hardware. Anyone that has the original PS3 has parts in their console will never do anything.
The part that runs Linux will never be used, and newer PS3 consoles don't even have those parts anymore.
People still regarded the parts that were required to run Linux as part of the overall console structure.

@Sony_70
I agree with some points, but Playstation fans always forget alot ofthe arguments they have still relate to either the Xbox One or Wii U.
The "haven't revealed their full hand" is what people have been saying for months about Wii U, and the whole free games thing is really opinionated. I'd rather have what Xbox offers, and be able to keep it.
I get that the argument is that PS Plus will most likely offer newer games, but that won't matter to some that would rather buy 1-3 games, and be able to keep it on Xbox.
I was disappointed by PS Plus when I had it, and losing that same service after a year was even worse.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

It really does suck about how they had to get rid of those PS3s, but I always figured that the whole "PS3 as a Military PC" thing was just a publicity stunt anyways and not something they were serious about. I'd actually be worried if the military seriously thought using game systems to build a super computer was a good use of the taxpayer's money...

It was a publicity stunt, but the publicity stunt wouldn't have happened if Sony kept other OS. They were making a point that the Navy did actually waste money, but it wasn't by any fault of theirs.
Sony went back on a relevant/important feature. The Navy tried to save money by buying PS3s instead of Linux computers.
They bought PS3 systems, then they had to destroy them and buy Linux computers, anyway, so more money was wasted in the long run.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Reala

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It was a publicity stunt, but the publicity stunt wouldn't have happened if Sony kept other OS. They were making a point that the Navy did actually waste money, but it wasn't by any fault of theirs.
Sony went back on a relevant/important feature. The Navy tried to save money by buying PS3s instead of Linux computers.
They bought PS3 systems, then they had to destroy them and buy Linux computers, anyway, so more money was wasted in the long run.

All sounds a bit madey upy to me, or at the very least over exaggerated.

Reala

Phatosaurus

TysonOfTime wrote:

I... E...Excuse me? Did you SERIOUSLY bring up something as baseless as the quality of each side's computer programmers?
And they don't know how to use the console they built. I just can't

I'm done. Let's talk about anything else. Please.

Lets just say that SCAR392 doesn't talk from his mouth.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

SCRAPPER392

Phatosaurus wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

I... E...Excuse me? Did you SERIOUSLY bring up something as baseless as the quality of each side's computer programmers?

Unless you're talking about my mind or soul, then I'm afraid this comment is inappropriate and doesn't really help much.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Phatosaurus

SCAR392 wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Unless you're talking about my mind or soul, then I'm afraid this comment is inappropriate and doesn't really help much.

You would know all about inappropriate posts that don't help much.

SCRAPPER392

Phatosaurus wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

You would know all about inappropriate posts that don't help much.

I obviously don't, because your post wasn't clear enough.

Qwest

The_Fox

Wow. Look at what happens when you stop paying attention to a thread for a few days.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

SCRAPPER392

Anyways... So, Xbox One. Ya, it seems really nice, huh? LOL.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

FOREST_RANGER

CanisWolfred wrote:

As much as I'd like to believe SCAR deserves it, I highly doubt outright insulting him will help anybody. :/

This.

It's been pointed out before that these shenanigans with said user doesn't get anywhere. Those people had also insulted him and it didn't really do anything. Even active-then @WaltzElf couldn't do anything about it.

I would cut off my arguments if they don't get anywhere to avoid any drama. Or if I were still determined, I'd at least refrain from using insults. Of course it'd be hard to do that in the last argument that just pervaded this thread. So I'd cut off the argument altogether.

So play nice next time.

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

AlexSays

Waltz was banned? NOOOO

That really sucks. Can't believe that crusader of logic and reasoning has fallen.

AlexSays

Jaz007

AlexSays wrote:

Waltz was banned? NOOOO

That really sucks. Can't believe that crusader of logic and reasoning has fallen.

If you go back a little on the "NL users you never see anymore" thread you'll see the story. His most current username is @Bankai by the way.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

AlexSays

Jaz007 wrote:

If you go back a little on the "NL users you never see anymore" thread you'll see the story. His most current username is @Bankai by the way.

Found it, thanks! That really sucks. I'LL GET YOU BACK BRO, HANG IN THERE

AlexSays

Phatosaurus

CanisWolfred wrote:

As much as I'd like to believe SCAR deserves it, I highly doubt outright insulting him will help anybody. :/

True.
Back on topic then? Drop the mandatory Kinect and the price and I will buy a Xbone in 3-4 years time.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic