Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,521 to 9,540 of 9,749

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Here's hoping 60 FPS becomes standard moving forward. So many games would look and play a lot better.

The only way that's ever gonna happen is if they run out of new graphical techniques to try out (that's not happening anytime soon).

While there's new innovation in graphics, they're always going to prioritise that over frame rate. So the standard frame rate will probably continue being 30fps for most AAA games over time. It will just be displaying more and more complex graphics at that frame rate.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BlueOcean

However, Microsoft recommended developers to target 60 fps at 4K on Series X. Many important developers like Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix, Capcom and CD Projekt have offered three video modes on their Xbox One X games. I am thankful for the extensive support that Xbox One X has received from third parties against all odds.

BlueOcean

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

Simple then; let me turn them off. More and more games are offering a slight hit to visuals (either via resolution or minor graphical effects) in exchange for higher (if not locked 60 FPS) framerates.

That teaser video from E3 was hyping frame rates high as 120. Asking for a standard 60 isn't asking for the moon, if that's the kind of power they actually have.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

BruceCM

I think that should be likely, @DarthNocturnal.... Hopefully, other graphical developments won't be as power hungry

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Yeah that's the ideal situation, but it does mean that the more complex games require a lot more optimization and QA testing for the devs, so a lot of them probably won't bother

Look at FFXV on the Xbox One X for an example. They obviously didn't want to put that extra time and energy in, so the "performance mode" is quite bad and gets noway near constant 60fps. It's like jumping between 30 and 50 most of the time!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

The irony, Microsoft itself doesn't even provide more games for Casuals in physical.
Not every gamers are hardcore players.
Not every gamers adore Western stuffs.
Not every gamers adore shooting games.
Just provide more Casual games for everyone, no male oriented games only and more gamers will buy Xbox machine for more diversity games library.
The Casual games i meant here like mostly founded on Nintendo library games such as 1-2-Switch, Style Savvy, Nintendogs, Go Vacation, Wii Sport Resort, Wii Party, Animal Crossing, Nintendoland, etc.
When Microsoft keep persistent with their shooting games on Xbox, i don't think i will ever consider Xbox machine seriously since i can only found acceptable Casual games from Xbox machines with very little amount of quantity i can get from each machines.
Just take a look the games i can get from Xbox machines.

Xbox = DDR Ultramix 1 - 4 (4 games)
Xbox 360 = DDR Universe 1 - 3, Dance Evolution, Kinect games (6 - 8 games)
Xbox One = Disneyland Adventure, Zoo Tycoon Ultimate Animal Collection (2 games)
What the heck ?!
Not worthy at all if i can only can get those very small amount quantity and very narrow genre diversity.

Also, the digital only trend is just killing my interest to consider next Xbox machine since i can get physical release from digital only games on PS4 or Switch.
I don't even care with Play Anywhere, Cheap price digital download price, the convenience from digital download service, BC by digital licence but not by disc emulating, the typical too mainstream games that only cater toward hardcore male gamers but not appeal for casual gamers like me. Those are really disaster in my opinion. Not even a good thing for me.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter Repeating the same stuff over and over again will NOT change anything. Just don't buy Xbox!
There is no reason to push your weird tastes OVER AND OVER again here.

One time is enough.

Zuljaras

XBontendo

@Zuljaras Not to mention the vast amount of easy entry games on Gamepass (making them evem more accessible). Games like Minecraft, Untitled Goose Game, Ticket to Ride, etc etc.

@Anti-Matter You seem to have a strict view of what being a "casual gamer" means. Even without gamepass there are things like the Jackbox Party Packs. Not every game on XBox is Dark Souls or a shoot'em up.

*edit- please try to avoid gatekeeping, we're all just here to have fun, and I (personally) find XBox to be a really inviting place for new/casual gamers. Obviously I find Nintendo to offer the same or I wouldn't be here (in these forums). Just because one company has value, doesn't mean that the other has none.

Edited on by XBontendo

XBox id: owendershot | Switch friend code: I don't remember, these codes are crazy, I'll check later.

Ralizah

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Here's hoping 60 FPS becomes standard moving forward. So many games would look and play a lot better.

It won't. Glitzy visuals impress people more in general than higher framerates, so developers optimize console versions for the aspect that'll work better in marketing.

If you want to optimize for higher framerates, then PC is the way to go. You can build a rig for under $1000 that'll run basically everything at 1080p60fps. Much less if you already have a compatible mobo for decent mid-range components.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

DarthNocturnal

@Ralizah

I have a PC that can probably still handle 60 FPS @ 1080p, even on some newer games (with a few minor settings disabled in some cases). But I don't really use it anymore. For my own reasons.

I would think 60+ FPS would be just as marketable though. Consumers like choice. Choice is always marketable.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

BlueOcean

@Zuljaras @XBontendo Yep he repeats the same thing over and over again. Once I spent some time writing a long list with family-friendly games on Xbox One, as many as on PS4 or Switch but he ignored it. Like others coming to this thread to say that you can buy a PC instead of an Xbox console, it gets old quickly. What are they doing here?

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

XBontendo

@BlueOcean That's too bad, but good to know. (also, that PC argument. Good luck finding $400 PC that is capable of playing games in the same quality. Arguments like this completely ignore budgets and it baffles me. Sigh.)

XBox id: owendershot | Switch friend code: I don't remember, these codes are crazy, I'll check later.

Eel

I think he's just Xbox curious and tries to convince himself that he doesn't need an Xbox in his life.

Probably somewhere between denial and bargaining.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BlueOcean

@XBontendo Yes, I want to know who can buy a PC plus a controller that plays games as good as Series X for the same price if Xbox One X (2017) is anything to go by.

@Eel LOL

BlueOcean

Zuljaras

BlueOcean wrote:

@Zuljaras @XBontendo Yep he repeats the same thing over and over again. Once I spent some time writing a long list with family-friendly games on Xbox One, as many as on PS4 or Switch but he ignored it. Like others coming to this thread to say that you can buy a PC instead of an Xbox console, it gets old quickly. What are they doing here?

Probably attention seeking.

EDIT: And I just got Red Dead Redemption GOTY for the Xbox 360/Xbox One. Never been a huge Westerns fan but I will give this a go and I will probably enjoy it.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

Grumblevolcano

@BlueOcean @Zuljaras Could be that @Anti-Matter wants it to be more visible, you gave your recommendations and that's fine but really it should be easier to find what you want on the store. Switch has an awful eshop but the Directs and Indie events make up for it (eshop redesign would still be nice), meanwhile State of Play and Inside Xbox aren't quite there (X019 was a big step in the right direction though) so you have to rely on the PSN and Microsoft stores more.

On another note, I will say that Xbox's 2 biggest problems at the moment are:

1. Companies screwing over the consumer is very common so you may think that these very consumer friendly decisions have strings attached:

• Banjo in Smash
  • Select Xbox games on Switch outside of Minecraft (currently Ori, New Super Lucky's Tale, Cuphead)
  • Halo returning to PC for the first time in over a decade
  • All Xbox Game Studios games on Game Pass, day 1 for new games starting with Sea of Thieves
  • All Xbox Game Studios games for at least the first year of Series X coming to XB1

2. The console wars mindset, some consumer friendly decisions are being seen as a bad thing (e.g. All Xbox Game Studios games for at least the first year of Series X coming to XB1 being a reason to get PS5 instead of Series X).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BlueOcean

@Grumblevolcano While Xbox brand is not just consoles, Xbox One S and Xbox One X are great value for budget and advanced gaming and for people that are used to playing on consoles like us. The fact that games will be available on Windows, xCloud and Xbox One X and S doesn't make Series X less interesting. Are original Xbox and Xbox 360 games available on PC? Most importantly, do most gamers invest in PCs? How will new games perform on Xbox One S? Yes, you can play new games on Xbox One S but is it the same as playing them on Xbox One X and is it the same as playing them on Series X? Do we want streaming (xCloud) exclusively and forget about all other platforms or just as an included option (Game Pass Ultimate vs. Stadia)?

Series X is not redundant at all but the premium and good value choice. It will probably be the best value for advanced gaming as Xbox One X currently is. Microsoft will likely have the best console (technically) again and on top of that you are free to play on Windows if you like gaming PCs, on your smartphone or tablet and on older Xbox consoles if you don't mind the downgrades.

Xbox is a gaming ecosystem with the best digital rights (Play Anywhere, free backwards compatibility), the best subscription (Game Pass) and the best current-gen console, at least technically (Xbox One X) and it seems that Series X will be the best next-gen console technically. Of course, on Xbox you don't have Mario and Zelda and you don't have Uncharted and whatever (my favourite Sony franchise is Wipeout), but on PS4 you don't have Microsoft's games (they own 15 studios now) and the very important third-party games don't play and look so well so why would be PS more appealing? Do they have a better customer service, controller or console? No, no and no, the only reason are Sony's exclusives if you want them. Switch is basically one generation behind, something obvious comparing current-gen ports and many of its greatest games are Wii U ports. As a (New) 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Xbox One (X) and Switch (Lite) owner, I believe that Switch is the most overrated console of the generation and Xbox One (X) is the most underrated console of the generation, while PS4 got the success that it deserved when Don Mattrick messed Xbox One launch in 2013 and, unfortunately, the console never fully recovered after that.

In conclusion, Microsoft is put under a microscope in scenarios where Nintendo and Sony are given a free pass. Xbox has the best consoles and gives you a generous range of benefits. All that Sony and Nintendo have, now that Microsoft fixed Xbox One launch's disaster and focused on gaming, is their exclusive games but so does Xbox. Until last generation I was Nintendo-only (seriously, I only had the Wii and DS) but after just one generation the company I trust the most for gaming is Microsoft and the only next-gen console I'm planning on getting is Series X.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Octane

BlueOcean wrote:

All that Sony and Nintendo have [...] is their exclusive games but so does Xbox.

TBH, that's the most important reason for me. And the reason why I haven't bought an Xbox this generation. Not enough exclusives that make it worthwhile.

Octane

BlueOcean

Octane wrote:

BlueOcean wrote:

All that Sony and Nintendo have [...] is their exclusive games but so does Xbox.

TBH, that's the most important reason for me. And the reason why I haven't bought an Xbox this generation. Not enough exclusives that make it worthwhile.

Of course, that is important but some people would prefer Microsoft's exclusives, Nintendo's exclusives, Sony's exclusives or a combination of two or three. I got the original Xbox One for Rare Replay so an exclusive game (or compilation) made me buy it and then found more exclusives that I loved as opposed to you that didn't care about Xbox exclusives throughout the generation.

Edited on by BlueOcean

BlueOcean

Octane

@BlueOcean Don't get me wrong, there's a few that I'd buy if I had an Xbox, but not enough to warrant the purchase. Still waiting on that personal system seller. Scalebound was the most impressive thing they've showed this gen, too bad it got cancelled. Maybe with Series X things will become better. But I have a feeling they will focus more on MP and service games.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic