Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 11,914

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

POWER: lol who cares. Point Not Wii U.

PS4 gets the point here. It's definitely more powerful, and while third-party may not use. I but later down the road Sony's first party's may very well show the edge that PS4 has.

You always forget to mention that whever someone compares specs, they ALWAYS forget to look at every component. They say, "Oh, the GPU and RAM is better".
Contrary to what Sony says, GDDR5 RAM is not the only RAM in there, and nor does it always matter. Also the GPU could be stronger to pick up slack somewhere else to equal the performance of the same area in another machine.
You always look at the number and think the bigger number is better. That is not always the case when those bigger numbers start communicating with smaller numbers.
Let's just say, that the Xbox One has a faster CPU, and a better OS than the PS4(Which it does. Sorry deal with it), but te PS4 has a better GPU, and a little ammount of better RAM. That better GPU and better RAM could be making up for short coming in another part of the console.
In otherwords, the better GPU and little ammount of RAM will be picking up slack. If the PS4 was truly any better than Xbox One, we would have already seen the difference in the games, OS, and features. The fact is, is that Xbox One games seem to already be more complicated(running technically demanding PC games), the OS is OBVIOUSLY better(that's not necessarily a technical limitation, but Sony doesn't know s*** about building their own OS, apparently), and the camera will be sold in vein.

Seriously, you have to understand what these numbers mean in relation to each other. A 50% stronger GPU does not equal "moar pow air" in comparison to another machine that has a better CPU, or more unified components as a whole.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

PS4 gets the point here. It's definitely more powerful, and while third-party may not use. I but later down the road Sony's first party's may very well show the edge that PS4 has.

You always forget to mention that whever someone compares specs, they ALWAYS forget to look at every component. They say, "Oh, the GPU and RAM is better".
Contrary to what Sony says, GDDR5 RAM is not the only RAM in there, and nor does it always matter. Also the GPU could be stronger to pick up slack somewhere else to equal the performance of the same area in another machine.
You always look at the number and think the bigger number is better. That is not always the case when those bigger numbers start communicating with smaller numbers.
Let's just say, that the Xbox One has a faster CPU, and a better OS than the PS4(Which it does. Sorry deal with it), but te PS4 has a better GPU, and a little ammount of better RAM. That better GPU and better RAM could be making up for short coming in another part of the console.
In otherwords, the better GPU and little ammount of RAM will be picking up slack. If the PS4 was truly any better than Xbox One, we would have already seen the difference in the games, OS, and features. The fact is, is that Xbox One games seem to already be more complicated(running technically demanding PC games), the OS is OBVIOUSLY better(that's not necessarily a technical limitation, but Sony doesn't know s*** about building their own OS, apparently), and the camera will be sold in vein.

Seriously, you have to understand what these numbers mean in relation to each other. A 50% stronger GPU does not equal "moar pow air" in comparison to another machine that has a better CPU, or more unified components as a whole.

Can you give a source?

Jaz007

TysonOfTime

I'm not sure if he can, given all he's saying is that there is a possibility of that being true, and then goes on to argue your points based on what is "possible".

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

CanisWolfred

I've been reading the digital foundry article jaz gave, and it doesn't sound like the One has a faster processor, plus it'll have a lot of challenges with its use as a tv box even.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

TysonOfTime wrote:

So let me just tally things so far:

PRICE: $400 better than $500. Point Sony.
EXCLUSIVES: Microsoft has more, but either way it's objective.
BUNDLE: Microsoft bundles a necessary Kinect. That's impossible for that to be any more positive than neutral.
SUBSCRIPTIONS: PSPlus seems to work really well. Despite the free games being "rentals", you get a sizable amount, and PSPlus is cheaper. Microsoft... well, you can keep those games everyone already owns...

So as you can see, most of you are all being silly. Buy the system you want for its positives, don't try and shove its negatives down others throats as positives.
Now play nice.

I'll give you my own version.
PRICE: Doesn't matter. BTW Wii U is $300 which is actually the cheapest.
EXCLUSIVES: Nintendo and Microsoft have 15 each.
BUNDLE: PS4 has 3, Wii U has 2, Xbox One has 1. Doesn't matter, because price varies.
SUBSCRIPTIONS: Xbox One and PS4 require paid online, both have varying free games, Wii U has free online, and free 2 play games possible
POWER: No one can accept shortcomings or advantages of any of the consoles, so the argument is void, overall.

No one is passing off negatives as positives. If someone is nuetral, no one cares. No one should be trying to convince anyone of anything.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

I've been reading the digital foundry article jaz gave, and it doesn't sound like the One has a faster processor, plus it'll have a lot of challenges with its use as a tv box even.

Can you give me a link to look it over?

@Jaz007
It called knowing what the components of computers do in the first place.

Qwest

TysonOfTime

SCAR392 wrote:

I'll give you my own version.
PRICE: Doesn't matter.

In what universe are you living in?!

SCAR392 wrote:

EXCLUSIVES: Nintendo and Microsoft have 15 each.

I was arguing the PS4 and XBone only.

SCAR392 wrote:

BUNDLES: PS4 has 3, Xbox One has 1. Doesn't matter, because price varies.

Wait, was it confirmed the PS4 has bundles or are you just using baseless information?

SCAR392 wrote:

SUBSCRIPTIONS: Xbox One and PS4 require paid online, both have varying free games.

But you don't counter my point in the slightest, mine points still stans.

SCAR392 wrote:

POWER: No one can accept shortcomings or advantages of any of the consoles, so the argument is void, overall.

What do you mean by "no one can accept shortcomings'? I'm afraid I don't understand...

SCAR392 wrote:

No one is passing off negatives as positives.

You'd like to think that would be true.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Jaz007

If you can't give me a reliable source it's because what you said is bull. Proof or you simply don't know half of what you think you know about how computers work.

Jaz007

SCRAPPER392

@TysonofTime
I can't believe you didn't read what I said...
It comes off as being pretty neglectful that you aren't even considering the Wii U.
First, I've been hearing there will be the regular bundle, then a $450 version(camera), and a $500 version(camer and move or something). It all comes down to "you get what you pay for".
I did argue your subscription stance, be ause Wii U has the free one. That goes back to the thought that the initial console price doesn't matter. You're paying $50-60 a year for a free service from Nintendo. I merely said one was better than the other when all is said and done, with benefits of paying for the other services, but those don't necessarily matter.
Everyone thinks the PS4 is the strongest, when no one really knows for sure. I can throw around info all day, but that doesn't mean you'll understand or accept it. Since no one can come to agreement on which one is the best choice, we have to let things play out to know for sure.
I'm also serious about the negatives thing. I seriously see advantages in owning an Xbox One over a PS4. That's just me, but you should be able to accept my opinion of how each of these consoles function. I see the benefits that the PS4 will have in comparison, but that does not matter to me as much as what Xbox One is doing with what it has.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Jaz007

If you can't give me a reliable source it's because what you said is bull. Proof or you simply don't know half of what you think you know about how computers work.

Let's see if you can answer this question...
What does the GPU and RAM do for a console? How do those thing affect the CPU?

Qwest

TysonOfTime

@SCAR
I did read what you said. I'm not considering the Wii U because it's already out, and it is essentially in it's own "race", not directly competing with the Xbox One and Playstation 4.
So you DON'T know that the PS4 will have bundles. You just HEARD that. Okay.
Like I said, since I'm not comparing the Wii U because it's not really sensical, you still haven't refuted any of my subscription claims between Sony and MS. So my points stand.
You can throw out info on specs all day, but without a single source you're throwing it into the trash.

"Opinion on how these systems function" does not make sense. I completely agree with you about people choosing what they want, and I honestly do not care which console any of you guys prefer. But people try to spin negatives into positives all the time. It exists, wish it didn't, but it does.

SCRAPPER392

@TysonofTime
Since you are disregarding Wii U, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that none of my arguments will make sense. I never count the Wii U out when we're comparing the consoles.
Go on google and search the wiki explanation for GPU, CPU, RAM, whatever else. That is my source. In order to know what the components in a console do together, you need to know what they do by themselves.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Jaz007

It doesn't matter. A tech professional will have put up an article that shows what you said is true. How would you know things that all the professionals don't know when it's their job to know? Tell me the answer to this. You have no source aside from yourself, and the only person that will trust that source here is you.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

TysonOfTime

SCAR392 wrote:

Go on google and search the wiki explanation for GPU, CPU, RAM, whatever else. That is my source. In order to know what the components in a console do together, you need to know what they do by themselves.

...Okay? How does that have to do with your argument for the XBone being that it could "theoretically" have enough CPU to equalize it to the standard of the PS4s extra RAM and better GPU? You still haven't explained that, and you've also thrown around accusations of the XBone's OS being better. I need facts man! Baseless speculation isn't getting us anywhere! We can't properly debate these things if one side has facts of what their machine can do and the other has "ideas".

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AlexSays

Jaz007 wrote:

It doesn't matter. A tech professional will have put up an article that shows what you said is true. How would you know things that all the professionals don't know when it's their job to know? Tell me the answer to this. You have no source aside from yourself, and the only person that will trust that source here is you.

We have gone down this road

SCAR392 wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

If so, please show one source. You had to have come across this magnificent knowledge somehow, why don't you share it with the rest of us?

As for a source, you're just gonna have to understand my reasoning, .

Guys, just accept it. SCAR has vast amounts of hardware knowledge that no other living being has. Just accept the fact you are just another unintelligent, simple being and move on with your life.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Jaz007

The difference between a tech professional and I, is that they are getting paid to do what they do.
It's considered a hobby for me, and they do know what these things do, but they never tell the full details. Slight ammounts of different/better RAM and a better GPU doesn't always mean, "better". It's just the different ways they build their computers to have the same outcome.
A PC is the most flexible machine out of all of these consoles. The purpose as gaming machines gives consoles the opportunities to do what a PC isn't solely intended to do.
I can already see what advantages a PS4 has in comparison, but those advantages don't apply to what some people intend to use these consoles for.

@TysonofTime
The "ideas" is putting the consoles to use. A computer is basically useless with out functions.
The only reason I can give for the Xbox OS being better, is that it gives more options within the UI. PS4 can pretty much do the same things as Xbox One, but it does them slightly differently, and that doesn't mean those features are coded into the console.
That comes back to my point that Sony doesn't have as good of computer programmers as Microsoft. They don't know how to use their console as well as Microsoft does theirs.
That doesn't mean the console is worse, but that they don't know how to use what they have.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

TysonOfTime

I... E...Excuse me? Did you SERIOUSLY bring up something as baseless as the quality of each side's computer programmers?
And they don't know how to use the console they built. I just can't

I'm done. Let's talk about anything else. Please.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

AlexSays

That comes back to my point that Sony doesn't have as good of computer programmers as Microsoft. They don't know how to use their console as well as Microsoft does theirs.

Also founded by vast amounts of rational evidence, I'm sure..

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

TysonOfTime wrote:

I... E...Excuse me? Did you SERIOUSLY bring up something as baseless as the quality of each side's computer programmers?
And they don't know how to use the console they built. I just can't

I'm done. Let's talk about anything else. Please.

It's relevant. That doesn't necessarily mean the consumer is getting screwed over. I'm sure we all know that the PS3 had other OS before an update that got rid of it. Other OS is a perfect example of what Sony allows their consoles to do that others will not.
People were running Linux on PS3 for years. The U.S. Navy was using PS3 consoles as their main communication and computer mainframes until other OS was taken out.
There was benefits to other OS on the PS3 that made it a beneficial investment outside of gaming. The Navy said it was cheaper and more convenient(online connectivity, flexibility) to use PS3 systems to run Linux than buying a Linux OS based computer.
I would be using my PS3 to run Linux right now if they wouldn't have gotten rid of that feature. Those are the types of advantages Sony consoles have. Even then some PS2s ran Linux, but the PS3's power made running Linux more beneficial according to the U.S. Navy. They had to destroy 1000s of PS3s, because they had confidential information, but they were literally useless to them once once they got rid of other OS.

EDIT: The PS3 can technically still run Linux, but the Navy needed firmware upgrades for the PS3 from PSN to continue getting top performance from PS3.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic