Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 941 to 960 of 1,665

AuthorMessage
Avatar

the_shpydar

941. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

It' a catch 22.

I suggest you look into what this term actually means.
Untitled

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 21 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 10 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

942. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

DGGames wrote:

No reported outage
My phone and console had no problems connecting to Xbox LIVE at all yesterday
In fact, I was downloading stuff from Xbox LIVE all day yesterday, and there are no disconnection reports on my router either

Sounds like it was either isolated to your region / ISP, or your connection to the internet was acting up. Also, unless it was completely down for more than 24 hours, the original policy wouldn't have stopped your from playing at all.

Also, ignoring the Skype Remote Play I see?

PS: Sony's first party output outside of Naughty Dog and Insomniac is laughable at best. And Insomniac is now a third party developer. In fact, they are doing a new exclusive IP for Microsoft (published by Microsoft Studios) so there goes 1 of the only 2 reasons to get a PlayStation system. Their E3 booth was also by far the least impressive one. The fact that the machine I was playing on froze 4 times and had to be reset certainly didn't help.

Sucker Punch says otherwise for one other developer they has that's great. They've got more too. From what I've heard as read Insomniac wasn't one of the best Sony's had either.

Ignoring it? I've acknowledged that they've got it too. I don't see why to keep debating it. I simply missed the news. You've got delusional Sony hate that voids reason. You can't seem to accept that PS does have it's superioritys in some places like free game with PS Plus. Gold's free games can't hold a candle to PS Plus's, but you can't acknowledge that. The way you insulted Sony's first party was also laughable. This is getting tiring.

What free games? Oh! you mean the games they let you rent and get access to as long as you keep giving them money? That's completely different. Gold gives you free games, Plus gives you free rentals, completely different.

Sucker Punch? Now that is funny... their games so far have been OK at best.

Sucker Punch made Sly Cooper, therfore your opinion is completely invalid.

And yeah, they're free rentals. That's insane enough as is. Most games these days could easily be beaten in a week, completed in a month, and have zero reason to go back to them, so you'll be free to let them go while still keeping your trophies should you ever decide to stop your subscription.

Also, Xbox has had free games for years, it'snothing new. No one ever bothered to mention them before because none of them were show-stoppers, but they were all decent destractions. In fact, I'd go as far as to say Fable 3 is by far the worst game they've given away. Not to say it was terrible, but I'd honestly rather play Dorito's Crash Course or Aegis Wings over F3 any day. I can't imagine they'll be giving away too many really good games any time soon, but who knows.

I should also note that PSN has Free-to-Play games as well, and I think right now they'll limited to Plus Members. Those you get to keep after your subscription ends, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

943. Posted:

the_shpydar wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

It' a catch 22.

I suggest you look into what this term actually means.
Untitled

My point was that any ammount of information is void unless it is understandable. Let's not forget we're talking literal, here.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

944. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

DGGames wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

DGGames wrote:

No reported outage
My phone and console had no problems connecting to Xbox LIVE at all yesterday
In fact, I was downloading stuff from Xbox LIVE all day yesterday, and there are no disconnection reports on my router either

Sounds like it was either isolated to your region / ISP, or your connection to the internet was acting up. Also, unless it was completely down for more than 24 hours, the original policy wouldn't have stopped your from playing at all.

Also, ignoring the Skype Remote Play I see?

PS: Sony's first party output outside of Naughty Dog and Insomniac is laughable at best. And Insomniac is now a third party developer. In fact, they are doing a new exclusive IP for Microsoft (published by Microsoft Studios) so there goes 1 of the only 2 reasons to get a PlayStation system. Their E3 booth was also by far the least impressive one. The fact that the machine I was playing on froze 4 times and had to be reset certainly didn't help.

Sucker Punch says otherwise for one other developer they has that's great. They've got more too. From what I've heard as read Insomniac wasn't one of the best Sony's had either.

Ignoring it? I've acknowledged that they've got it too. I don't see why to keep debating it. I simply missed the news. You've got delusional Sony hate that voids reason. You can't seem to accept that PS does have it's superioritys in some places like free game with PS Plus. Gold's free games can't hold a candle to PS Plus's, but you can't acknowledge that. The way you insulted Sony's first party was also laughable. This is getting tiring.

What free games? Oh! you mean the games they let you rent and get access to as long as you keep giving them money? That's completely different. Gold gives you free games, Plus gives you free rentals, completely different.

Sucker Punch? Now that is funny... their games so far have been OK at best.

Sucker Punch made Sly Cooper, therfore your opinion is completely invalid.

And yeah, they're free rentals. That's insane enough as is. Most games these days could easily be beaten in a week, completed in a month, and have zero reason to go back to them, so you'll be free to let them go while still keeping your trophies should you ever decide to stop your subscription.

Also, Xbox has had free games for years, it'snothing new. No one ever bothered to mention them before because none of them were show-stoppers, but they were all decent destractions. In fact, I'd go as far as to say Fable 3 is by far the worst game they've given away. Not to say it was terrible, but I'd honestly rather play Dorito's Crash Course or Aegis Wings over F3 any day. I can't imagine they'll be giving away too many really good games any time soon, but who knows.

I should also note that PSN has Free-to-Play games as well, and I think right now they'll limited to Plus Members. Those you get to keep after your subscription ends, though.

It's been confirmed that free-to-play games won't require Plus.

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4 and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

945. Posted:

So let me just tally things so far:

PRICE: $400 better than $500. Point Sony.
EXCLUSIVES: Microsoft has more, but either way it's objective.
BUNDLE: Microsoft bundles a necessary Kinect. That's impossible for that to be any more positive than neutral.
SUBSCRIPTIONS: PSPlus seems to work really well. Despite the free games being "rentals", you get a sizable amount, and PSPlus is cheaper. Microsoft... well, you can keep those games everyone already owns...
POWER: lol who cares. Point Not Wii U.

So as you can see, most of you are all being silly. Buy the system you want for its positives, don't try and shove its negatives down others throats as positives.
Now play nice.

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

banacheck

946. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

PRICE: $400 better than $500. Point Sony.
EXCLUSIVES: Microsoft has more, but either way it's objective.

Don't forget Gamescom where Sony is to announce more PS4 game's.

“30 new PS4 first-party games are in development and 12 of them are new IP’s,” he said. “There’s a lot going on, we need to keep stuff back. There’s Gamescom and we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?”

banacheck

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rallydefault

947. Posted:

Between the two, just choose the console you think will end up having more of the exclusives that you'll want. Other than that, they're pretty similar in structure and such, and the vast majority of next gen games will be multiplatform (and PC). I do think Microsoft might have an ace up its sleeve with the Kinect, though. If they can figure out a way to make that puppy do some cool stuff with games without taking away from classic controller setups, it would definitely be something the PS4 won't have.

I'm torn, because I definitely like the Sony exclusives more, but most of my friends are sticking with the Xbox and, you have to admit, it's so much more fun to play games online with your friends than with complete strangers or even by yourself.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

948. Posted:

banacheck wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

PRICE: $400 better than $500. Point Sony.
EXCLUSIVES: Microsoft has more, but either way it's objective.

Don't forget Gamescom where Sony is to announce more PS4 game's.

“30 new PS4 first-party games are in development and 12 of them are new IP’s,” he said. “There’s a lot going on, we need to keep stuff back. There’s Gamescom and we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?”

That's assuming Microsoft has nothing else to announce either. I'd say to wait till TGS to make your final decision.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

949. Posted:

rallydefault wrote:

you have to admit, it's so much more fun to play games online with your friends than with complete strangers or even by yourself.

Speak for yourself, I hate playing games with friends. At least when a total stranger stars being a jerk to me, I can stop playing with him without repurcussions, and at least when I play by myself, I can do what I want without worrying about others.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

950. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

POWER: lol who cares. Point Not Wii U.

PS4 gets the point here. It's definitely more powerful, and while third-party may not use. I but later down the road Sony's first party's may very well show the edge that PS4 has.

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4 and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz

951. Posted:

The PS4 is not definitely more powerful than the Xbox One. We don't yet have really detailed specs and the common assumption that GDDR5 is just better than DDR3 is ridiculous. GDDR5 has its issues, which is why it's not mainstream yet except in graphics cards.

You should also note that Kinect has its uses, though admittedly, it hasn't been used well for gaming purposes as of yet.

Frankly, the only advantage the PS4 seems to have over the Xbox One, excluding exclusives as whether they are an advantage is subject to opinion, is price.

They're both great consoles but I personally think that the Xbox One is winning out so far.

You should also note that while the PS4 controller has a touchscreen, the Xbox One supports smartglass, which allows for bigger touchscreens. So even there, the Xbox has the advantage, though of course it is subjective to whether or not you actually already have a tablet.

[Yeah, just figured I'd chip in, since apparently people keep mentioning me :P]

Edited on by Jaz

Jaz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

952. Posted:

Jaz wrote:

The PS4 is not definitely more powerful than the Xbox One. We don't yet have really detailed specs and the common assumption that GDDR5 is just better than DDR3 is ridiculous. GDDR5 has its issues, which is why it's not mainstream yet except in graphics cards.

You should also note that Kinect has its uses, though admittedly, it hasn't been used well for gaming purposes as of yet.

Frankly, the only advantage the PS4 seems to have over the Xbox One, excluding exclusives as whether they are an advantage is subject to opinion, is price.

They're both great consoles but I personally think that the Xbox One is winning out so far.

You should also note that while the PS4 controller has a touchscreen, the Xbox One supports smartglass, which allows for bigger touchscreens. So even there, the Xbox has the advantage, though of course it is subjective to whether or not you actually already have a tablet.

[Yeah, just figured I'd chip in, since apparently people keep mentioning me :P]

No, PS4 is confirmed to be more powerful than Xbox One. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_has_a_si... (BTW, I'm sure you know this, but whenever someone says @Jaz, they are reffering to me.)

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4 and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

953. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

POWER: lol who cares. Point Not Wii U.

PS4 gets the point here. It's definitely more powerful, and while third-party may not use. I but later down the road Sony's first party's may very well show the edge that PS4 has.

You always forget to mention that whever someone compares specs, they ALWAYS forget to look at every component. They say, "Oh, the GPU and RAM is better".
Contrary to what Sony says, GDDR5 RAM is not the only RAM in there, and nor does it always matter. Also the GPU could be stronger to pick up slack somewhere else to equal the performance of the same area in another machine.
You always look at the number and think the bigger number is better. That is not always the case when those bigger numbers start communicating with smaller numbers.
Let's just say, that the Xbox One has a faster CPU, and a better OS than the PS4(Which it does. Sorry deal with it), but te PS4 has a better GPU, and a little ammount of better RAM. That better GPU and better RAM could be making up for short coming in another part of the console.
In otherwords, the better GPU and little ammount of RAM will be picking up slack. If the PS4 was truly any better than Xbox One, we would have already seen the difference in the games, OS, and features. The fact is, is that Xbox One games seem to already be more complicated(running technically demanding PC games), the OS is OBVIOUSLY better(that's not necessarily a technical limitation, but Sony doesn't know s*** about building their own OS, apparently), and the camera will be sold in vein.

Seriously, you have to understand what these numbers mean in relation to each other. A 50% stronger GPU does not equal "moar pow air" in comparison to another machine that has a better CPU, or more unified components as a whole.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

954. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

POWER: lol who cares. Point Not Wii U.

PS4 gets the point here. It's definitely more powerful, and while third-party may not use. I but later down the road Sony's first party's may very well show the edge that PS4 has.

You always forget to mention that whever someone compares specs, they ALWAYS forget to look at every component. They say, "Oh, the GPU and RAM is better".
Contrary to what Sony says, GDDR5 RAM is not the only RAM in there, and nor does it always matter. Also the GPU could be stronger to pick up slack somewhere else to equal the performance of the same area in another machine.
You always look at the number and think the bigger number is better. That is not always the case when those bigger numbers start communicating with smaller numbers.
Let's just say, that the Xbox One has a faster CPU, and a better OS than the PS4(Which it does. Sorry deal with it), but te PS4 has a better GPU, and a little ammount of better RAM. That better GPU and better RAM could be making up for short coming in another part of the console.
In otherwords, the better GPU and little ammount of RAM will be picking up slack. If the PS4 was truly any better than Xbox One, we would have already seen the difference in the games, OS, and features. The fact is, is that Xbox One games seem to already be more complicated(running technically demanding PC games), the OS is OBVIOUSLY better(that's not necessarily a technical limitation, but Sony doesn't know s*** about building their own OS, apparently), and the camera will be sold in vein.

Seriously, you have to understand what these numbers mean in relation to each other. A 50% stronger GPU does not equal "moar pow air" in comparison to another machine that has a better CPU, or more unified components as a whole.

Can you give a source?

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4 and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

955. Posted:

I'm not sure if he can, given all he's saying is that there is a possibility of that being true, and then goes on to argue your points based on what is "possible".

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

956. Posted:

I've been reading the digital foundry article jaz gave, and it doesn't sound like the One has a faster processor, plus it'll have a lot of challenges with its use as a tv box even.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

957. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

So let me just tally things so far:

PRICE: $400 better than $500. Point Sony.
EXCLUSIVES: Microsoft has more, but either way it's objective.
BUNDLE: Microsoft bundles a necessary Kinect. That's impossible for that to be any more positive than neutral.
SUBSCRIPTIONS: PSPlus seems to work really well. Despite the free games being "rentals", you get a sizable amount, and PSPlus is cheaper. Microsoft... well, you can keep those games everyone already owns...
POWER: lol who cares. Point Not Wii U.

So as you can see, most of you are all being silly. Buy the system you want for its positives, don't try and shove its negatives down others throats as positives.
Now play nice.

I'll give you my own version.
PRICE: Doesn't matter. BTW Wii U is $300 which is actually the cheapest.
EXCLUSIVES: Nintendo and Microsoft have 15 each.
BUNDLE: PS4 has 3, Wii U has 2, Xbox One has 1. Doesn't matter, because price varies.
SUBSCRIPTIONS: Xbox One and PS4 require paid online, both have varying free games, Wii U has free online, and free 2 play games possible
POWER: No one can accept shortcomings or advantages of any of the consoles, so the argument is void, overall.

No one is passing off negatives as positives. If someone is nuetral, no one cares. No one should be trying to convince anyone of anything.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

958. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I've been reading the digital foundry article jaz gave, and it doesn't sound like the One has a faster processor, plus it'll have a lot of challenges with its use as a tv box even.

Can you give me a link to look it over?

@Jaz007
It called knowing what the components of computers do in the first place.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

959. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'll give you my own version.
PRICE: Doesn't matter.

In what universe are you living in?!

SCAR392 wrote:

EXCLUSIVES: Nintendo and Microsoft have 15 each.

I was arguing the PS4 and XBone only.

SCAR392 wrote:

BUNDLES: PS4 has 3, Xbox One has 1. Doesn't matter, because price varies.

Wait, was it confirmed the PS4 has bundles or are you just using baseless information?

SCAR392 wrote:

SUBSCRIPTIONS: Xbox One and PS4 require paid online, both have varying free games.

But you don't counter my point in the slightest, mine points still stans.

SCAR392 wrote:

POWER: No one can accept shortcomings or advantages of any of the consoles, so the argument is void, overall.

What do you mean by "no one can accept shortcomings'? I'm afraid I don't understand...

SCAR392 wrote:

No one is passing off negatives as positives.

You'd like to think that would be true.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

960. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I've been reading the digital foundry article jaz gave, and it doesn't sound like the One has a faster processor, plus it'll have a lot of challenges with its use as a tv box even.

Can you give me a link to look it over?

@Jaz007
It called knowing what the components of computers do in the first place.

If you can't give me a reliable source it's because what you said is bull. Proof or you simply don't know half of what you think you know about how computers work.

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4 and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.