Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,241 to 9,260 of 11,914

DarkRula

This will be the one I'm most interested in. Nacon might have some racing games, and Ubisoft are bound to have something for me to take an interest in, but Microsoft will be the ones who deliver with the most interesting of games.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Banjo-

This is going to be the highlight of the "E3" this year.

@NEStalgia Since I have the LG C9 I can't decide between quality and performance mode in Forza Horizon 4 but, at the end of the day, I prefer performance mode, even more next generation with standard quality being raised.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

Finally a date....looking forward to this one, even if I'm not super enthused by the new hardware of either brand right now given the storage issues and presumed high costs.

@BlueOcean Considering the high bar for this year's "E3" is currently set by EA, that's not a very high accomplishment to achieve.

Sony admittedly had some nice games to show, but opening with GTAV and having a presentation so bland EA managed to show them up massively, really all MS has to do is have Phil in front of a camera, blink twice, and leave.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia So true 😁. I expected much more from Sony after the "Sony is going to drop a bomb after their silence that will destroy Series X hype" meme.

You have an Xbox One X, you can wait a bit and see if a 2TB Series X model is announced. The official memory expansion cards are a great idea, too. I'm not sure that I'll be able to wait much but it would make sense to sell my Xbox One X first. What excites me the most about Series X is the pure compatibility and the best hardware. All the improvements that they have announced, it's not all about graphics but loading times, input lag, frame rates... for new and old games.

Banjo-

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia I'd put the PS5 reveal above the EA Play event. That said I would give EA some credit for being more varied than normal though I'm not sure if that's just because they're going to put their usual stuff (e.g. sports, Battlefield) in the Xbox July 23rd event.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Yeah, as a "platform" it definitely sounds like it's pretty nice. Then again, 1X was already pretty nice as an overall platform. I'm all for better load times though! I'm too impatient. If I only had a 1S or OG 1 I'd be super enthusiastic about the upgrade. With a 1X I'm kind of in a comfortable spot for now.

I'm surprised their emphasis is on things like input lag considering that runs counter to ap ush toward streaming and xCloud. It's nice to see, like Nintendo talking down mobile (and then quasi pretending to talk it up.) But it's a surprise.

But yeah, I'd like to see what the storage costs are, and where they are in a year or two, I think. Sony's requirements for those state of the art super expensive drives make it menacing. At least with XSeX we can still use spinners for bulk storage and just copy things over to play (and keep the BC catalog on the spinner as-is. Considering my massive X1/360 catalog at this point, I don't have to worry about the SSD for my existing content which is nice.

I'm a little worried next gen that with Sony doubling down on exclusivity they're going to start paying off more and more content to stay on their platform. Hopefully with their Western focus and the fact that Nintendo owns Japan that will be limited to dudebro shooters and battle royale games.

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Hmm, I quite liked about as many games in Sony's show as in the XBox one .... Just those are coming to PC, at least, if not the Sexy one Certainly looking forwards to the next show! If they've learned from before, they should show actual gameplay, which would help a lot

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano I don't know. Sony had more games that interested me (though most of them are multiplats that are also on XB and probably Switch), but their presentation was. Just. So. Droll....... EA managed to get me more excited for a bunch of indies and a Star Wars game than Sony managed with otherwise big franchises that I'm interested in. Except R&C which sells itself to me.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia I have a 4 TB HDD connected to my Xbox One X. Once I get a Series X, it will be so easy to just connect it to it and play "old" games. I will move today's adventure game, The Witcher 3, that I still haven't played!, and the typical sports/racing/online games, Team Sonic Racing, Monster Hunter World (needs a hardware boost), Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon 4... to the internal storage and keep 99% of the games on the spinner. That's a good and cheap option, no doubt.

About the xCloud matter, it's just Microsoft and their gaming ecosystem. Xbox One X and S were marketed differently, too. I want a Series X and I don't rule out playing xCloud on a phone occasionally. I even bought the official grip.

Banjo-

Dezzy

I'm quite excited for this event actually. I think Microsoft genuinely have the opportunity to put themselves ahead of the pack with their launch lineup. The Playstation lineup was fairly good, but easy enough for Microsoft to beat if they come out strong with Halo Infinite, Fable 4, and maybe the next Forza Horizon?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DarkRula

@Dezzy As much as I'd love Horizon 5, I do feel Motorsport 8 will be the first to arrive. There's no way they left 2019 with nothing to not have a next-gen Motorsport for launch.

DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Forza games have a 4 year license so I'd guess this year is Forza Motorsport 8 given Forza Motorsport 7 is 4 years old next year. Would be nice if some kind of licensing miracle allowed these games to continue past 4 years, Forza Horizon 3 is almost certainly in August's Games With Gold list because of delisting afterwards.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Banjo-

Yes, Forza Motorsport 8 is next. I'm sure that at least one of the games is going to be an outstanding reveal, something like Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark or Fable. If only the three were revealed but one would do. I hope we get Banjo-Kazooie next generation, for god's sake!

Banjo-

DarkRula

Banjo-Kazooie: Jiggy Time - 'Cus why not follow the trend that platformers seem to be on?

DarkRula

Banjo-

@DarkRula It hurts me seeing Crash getting remakes a new games. And Ratchet & Clank... And Spyro... 😅

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

urrutiap

earlier today i bought and installed the Iceborne DLC of Monster Hunter World. Didnt want to since it was pretty spend at 35 bucks or whatever but might as well buy it and get it over with. There an armor set that has Cold resistance/cancel or do I have to keep using Hot drinks?

urrutiap

NEStalgia

@Dezzy If Halo + Forza + one other game was enough for MS to pull ahead of Sony, the One would have dominated. They need a whole lot more in a whole lot more genres than their cliche staples. Fable would be a start, but only a start.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Don't underestimate how much Xbox One's launch affected Xbox One's life. PS4 didn't have games during its first year, I was playing remasters and cross-gen games on PS4 when I got mine. Don't underestimate what a reborn Fable could do in 2020 but I agree that more variety is needed, variety that Sony doesn't really have either.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean Oh, I'm fully aware of the damage the launch did, but that was then and this is now. The refrain we hear over and over and over is that XBox has no exclusives. Right or wrong, that's where the public mindset is. Nintendo has exclusives, Sony has exclusives, XBox has Halo and Forza.... We all debated and I was on the losing side in another thread yesterday, but ultimately I don't like that state of affairs where exclusives mandate owning ALL the hardware, but for Microsoft, it is a lingering problem. If the hardware can't differentiate on its own from PS5, people will buy the one that gives them the unlock key to a dozen cinematic games. Fable's name isn't what it once was. Tying Obsidian to it could be...but Playground is supposedly working on that. Obsidian probably can't bear fruit quite yet since they just did Outer Worlds, but they could announce something big.

I think...Sony does what Sony does best across the board: Mainstream entertainment for the masses. Wither it's Sony/Columbia/Tristar, BMG/Sony Music, or SIE, Sony does mainstream. Arguably with their choke-hold on music and film, Sony is what defines what will be the mainstream. They own RIAA and MPAA (recording/motion picture industry associations in the US) almost outright. What Disney doesn't own, Sony does. And in Asia, Sony's basically the only music publisher. Mainstream moves product.

So, yeah, MS has to go after "their audience" and accept a smaller market share I think unless they can find a way to go head to head with Sony in that mainstream entertainment space. They tried and failed with "sports everything" at the X1 launch. Nintendo has the kids and families and roof party hipsters locked. Sony has mainstream locked. So MS needs an audience that I think is inherently smaller, even if that doesn't sit will with MS. They could do worse than to basically focus on the PC nerds that aren't into PC at this point....Fable and Obsidian could do that

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic