Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 11,914

AlexSays

Your link saying the Wii U is stronger than last gen consoles confirms that they are also stronger than the Ps4 and X1?

Awesome, so the PS4 and X1 aren't even stronger than they were last gen. Only Nintendo has improved their hardware, how could I have not seen this before?

AlexSays

AlexSays

Basically what we have learned in this thread folks, is that the Wii U is the strongest console of all time, and Sony has horrible games and hardware. (And none of this is biased whatsoever, I promise!)

Quick, everyone go tell devs so they can start making Wii U games on this superior future-proof technology!

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

AlexSays wrote:

Your link saying the Wii U is stronger than last gen consoles confirms that they are also stronger than the Ps4 and X1?

Awesome, so the PS4 and X1 aren't even stronger than they were last gen. Only Nintendo has improved their hardware, how could I have not seen this before?

The Wii U is not more powerful than X1 and PS4. They simply changed the way the console actually works.
There is only a tri core CPU, and they found other ways to get more performance out of it without simply just throwing in 8 cores and 8GB of RAM.
Nintendo technically worked alot harder on their console in terms of experimenting and research than Sony and Microsoft did for their consoles.
Wii U's 'woes' will not be in vein.

EDIT: It would be like doing your work now, so that you don't have to do as much later. Next generation(if there is one), Nintendo will most likely add more cores to the CPU, and assign however many GPUs required to each set amount of CPU cores to make the console work in unison.
What I'm saying is, there's tons of ways to build computers.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jaz007

@SCAR392 They haven't confirmed free games for the One last I checked. The PS plus library of game is much better and a better deal. All Goldmis giving is a few old games. Plus gives a lot more game that are actually recent. Gold doesn't give you much in the way of free games that is worth much.

Jaz007

AlexSays

SCAR392 wrote:

The Wii U is not more powerful than X1 and PS4.

There we go. See that was easy. Tomorow we'll work on something else. <3

Untitled

AlexSays

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

@SCAR392 They haven't confirmed free games for the One last I checked. The PS plus library of game is much better and a better deal. All Goldmis giving is a few old games. Plus gives a lot more game that are actually recent. Gold doesn't give you much in the way of free games that is worth much.

That comes back to my opinion of PS game, I just don't like them as much. I'd rather have Fable for free than DriveClub, and I get to keep it.

Qwest

KingDunsparce

I normally hate these kinds of arguments but this is pretty amusing. I'll just be cheering from the sidelines. :3 Untitled

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

rallydefault

Imma go play some Fire Emblem. That stuff gets addicting once you figure out how the inventory works lol

rallydefault

CanisWolfred

DGGames wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

DGGames wrote:

No reported outage
My phone and console had no problems connecting to Xbox LIVE at all yesterday
In fact, I was downloading stuff from Xbox LIVE all day yesterday, and there are no disconnection reports on my router either

Sounds like it was either isolated to your region / ISP, or your connection to the internet was acting up. Also, unless it was completely down for more than 24 hours, the original policy wouldn't have stopped your from playing at all.

Also, ignoring the Skype Remote Play I see?

PS: Sony's first party output outside of Naughty Dog and Insomniac is laughable at best. And Insomniac is now a third party developer. In fact, they are doing a new exclusive IP for Microsoft (published by Microsoft Studios) so there goes 1 of the only 2 reasons to get a PlayStation system. Their E3 booth was also by far the least impressive one. The fact that the machine I was playing on froze 4 times and had to be reset certainly didn't help.

Sucker Punch says otherwise for one other developer they has that's great. They've got more too. From what I've heard as read Insomniac wasn't one of the best Sony's had either.

Ignoring it? I've acknowledged that they've got it too. I don't see why to keep debating it. I simply missed the news. You've got delusional Sony hate that voids reason. You can't seem to accept that PS does have it's superioritys in some places like free game with PS Plus. Gold's free games can't hold a candle to PS Plus's, but you can't acknowledge that. The way you insulted Sony's first party was also laughable. This is getting tiring.

What free games? Oh! you mean the games they let you rent and get access to as long as you keep giving them money? That's completely different. Gold gives you free games, Plus gives you free rentals, completely different.

Sucker Punch? Now that is funny... their games so far have been OK at best.

Sucker Punch made Sly Cooper, therfore your opinion is completely invalid.

And yeah, they're free rentals. That's insane enough as is. Most games these days could easily be beaten in a week, completed in a month, and have zero reason to go back to them, so you'll be free to let them go while still keeping your trophies should you ever decide to stop your subscription.

Also, Xbox has had free games for years, it'snothing new. No one ever bothered to mention them before because none of them were show-stoppers, but they were all decent destractions. In fact, I'd go as far as to say Fable 3 is by far the worst game they've given away. Not to say it was terrible, but I'd honestly rather play Dorito's Crash Course or Aegis Wings over F3 any day. I can't imagine they'll be giving away too many really good games any time soon, but who knows.

I should also note that PSN has Free-to-Play games as well, and I think right now they'll limited to Plus Members. Those you get to keep after your subscription ends, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

the_shpydar wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

It' a catch 22.

I suggest you look into what this term actually means.
Untitled

My point was that any ammount of information is void unless it is understandable. Let's not forget we're talking literal, here.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

DGGames wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

DGGames wrote:

No reported outage
My phone and console had no problems connecting to Xbox LIVE at all yesterday
In fact, I was downloading stuff from Xbox LIVE all day yesterday, and there are no disconnection reports on my router either

Sounds like it was either isolated to your region / ISP, or your connection to the internet was acting up. Also, unless it was completely down for more than 24 hours, the original policy wouldn't have stopped your from playing at all.

Also, ignoring the Skype Remote Play I see?

PS: Sony's first party output outside of Naughty Dog and Insomniac is laughable at best. And Insomniac is now a third party developer. In fact, they are doing a new exclusive IP for Microsoft (published by Microsoft Studios) so there goes 1 of the only 2 reasons to get a PlayStation system. Their E3 booth was also by far the least impressive one. The fact that the machine I was playing on froze 4 times and had to be reset certainly didn't help.

Sucker Punch says otherwise for one other developer they has that's great. They've got more too. From what I've heard as read Insomniac wasn't one of the best Sony's had either.

Ignoring it? I've acknowledged that they've got it too. I don't see why to keep debating it. I simply missed the news. You've got delusional Sony hate that voids reason. You can't seem to accept that PS does have it's superioritys in some places like free game with PS Plus. Gold's free games can't hold a candle to PS Plus's, but you can't acknowledge that. The way you insulted Sony's first party was also laughable. This is getting tiring.

What free games? Oh! you mean the games they let you rent and get access to as long as you keep giving them money? That's completely different. Gold gives you free games, Plus gives you free rentals, completely different.

Sucker Punch? Now that is funny... their games so far have been OK at best.

Sucker Punch made Sly Cooper, therfore your opinion is completely invalid.

And yeah, they're free rentals. That's insane enough as is. Most games these days could easily be beaten in a week, completed in a month, and have zero reason to go back to them, so you'll be free to let them go while still keeping your trophies should you ever decide to stop your subscription.

Also, Xbox has had free games for years, it'snothing new. No one ever bothered to mention them before because none of them were show-stoppers, but they were all decent destractions. In fact, I'd go as far as to say Fable 3 is by far the worst game they've given away. Not to say it was terrible, but I'd honestly rather play Dorito's Crash Course or Aegis Wings over F3 any day. I can't imagine they'll be giving away too many really good games any time soon, but who knows.

I should also note that PSN has Free-to-Play games as well, and I think right now they'll limited to Plus Members. Those you get to keep after your subscription ends, though.

It's been confirmed that free-to-play games won't require Plus.

Jaz007

TysonOfTime

So let me just tally things so far:

PRICE: $400 better than $500. Point Sony.
EXCLUSIVES: Microsoft has more, but either way it's objective.
BUNDLE: Microsoft bundles a necessary Kinect. That's impossible for that to be any more positive than neutral.
SUBSCRIPTIONS: PSPlus seems to work really well. Despite the free games being "rentals", you get a sizable amount, and PSPlus is cheaper. Microsoft... well, you can keep those games everyone already owns...
POWER: lol who cares. Point Not Wii U.

So as you can see, most of you are all being silly. Buy the system you want for its positives, don't try and shove its negatives down others throats as positives.
Now play nice.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

banacheck

TysonOfTime wrote:

Don't forget Gamescom where Sony is to announce more PS4 game's.

“30 new PS4 first-party games are in development and 12 of them are new IP’s,” he said. “There’s a lot going on, we need to keep stuff back. There’s Gamescom and we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?”

banacheck

rallydefault

Between the two, just choose the console you think will end up having more of the exclusives that you'll want. Other than that, they're pretty similar in structure and such, and the vast majority of next gen games will be multiplatform (and PC). I do think Microsoft might have an ace up its sleeve with the Kinect, though. If they can figure out a way to make that puppy do some cool stuff with games without taking away from classic controller setups, it would definitely be something the PS4 won't have.

I'm torn, because I definitely like the Sony exclusives more, but most of my friends are sticking with the Xbox and, you have to admit, it's so much more fun to play games online with your friends than with complete strangers or even by yourself.

rallydefault

shingi_70

banacheck wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Don't forget Gamescom where Sony is to announce more PS4 game's.

“30 new PS4 first-party games are in development and 12 of them are new IP’s,” he said. “There’s a lot going on, we need to keep stuff back. There’s Gamescom and we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?”

That's assuming Microsoft has nothing else to announce either. I'd say to wait till TGS to make your final decision.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

rallydefault wrote:

you have to admit, it's so much more fun to play games online with your friends than with complete strangers or even by yourself.

Speak for yourself, I hate playing games with friends. At least when a total stranger stars being a jerk to me, I can stop playing with him without repurcussions, and at least when I play by myself, I can do what I want without worrying about others.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

TysonOfTime wrote:

POWER: lol who cares. Point Not Wii U.

PS4 gets the point here. It's definitely more powerful, and while third-party may not use. I but later down the road Sony's first party's may very well show the edge that PS4 has.

Jaz007

Jaz

The PS4 is not definitely more powerful than the Xbox One. We don't yet have really detailed specs and the common assumption that GDDR5 is just better than DDR3 is ridiculous. GDDR5 has its issues, which is why it's not mainstream yet except in graphics cards.

You should also note that Kinect has its uses, though admittedly, it hasn't been used well for gaming purposes as of yet.

Frankly, the only advantage the PS4 seems to have over the Xbox One, excluding exclusives as whether they are an advantage is subject to opinion, is price.

They're both great consoles but I personally think that the Xbox One is winning out so far.

You should also note that while the PS4 controller has a touchscreen, the Xbox One supports smartglass, which allows for bigger touchscreens. So even there, the Xbox has the advantage, though of course it is subjective to whether or not you actually already have a tablet.

[Yeah, just figured I'd chip in, since apparently people keep mentioning me ]

Edited on by Jaz

Jaz

Jaz007

Jaz wrote:

The PS4 is not definitely more powerful than the Xbox One. We don't yet have really detailed specs and the common assumption that GDDR5 is just better than DDR3 is ridiculous. GDDR5 has its issues, which is why it's not mainstream yet except in graphics cards.

You should also note that Kinect has its uses, though admittedly, it hasn't been used well for gaming purposes as of yet.

Frankly, the only advantage the PS4 seems to have over the Xbox One, excluding exclusives as whether they are an advantage is subject to opinion, is price.

They're both great consoles but I personally think that the Xbox One is winning out so far.

You should also note that while the PS4 controller has a touchscreen, the Xbox One supports smartglass, which allows for bigger touchscreens. So even there, the Xbox has the advantage, though of course it is subjective to whether or not you actually already have a tablet.

[Yeah, just figured I'd chip in, since apparently people keep mentioning me ]

No, PS4 is confirmed to be more powerful than Xbox One. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_has_a_si... (BTW, I'm sure you know this, but whenever someone says @Jaz, they are reffering to me.)

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic