Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,081 to 9,100 of 11,914

Dezzy

Those looked like some OK current gen games. Unless their first party stuff really shines, these new consoles are gonna be really easy to ignore for a few years.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

Dirt 5 was the highlight for me, everything else was pretty underwhelming. I will of course be getting Madden so didnt need to see any more of that and Chorus looks cool but overall thought it wasn't the best show.

EDIT: the first FPS game showed with the swords and car looked interesting as well

Edited on by redd214

redd214

SuperWeird

The dinosaur game looks cool, the rest seemed meh to me.

And the HR Giger-looking game looks interesting, but I don’t know what it is.

Nothing really super impressive about anything they showed. Still very much looking forward to the Series X though.

SuperWeird

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, it was pretty damn sparse in that regard. I almost feel I should apologize for defending it. Both Microsoft AND Ubisoft are backpedaling massively, now that this "gameplay" trailer has gotten a gazillion dislikes on YouTube:

Microsoft says the video is "representative of Xbox Series X gameplay." Creative Director Ashraf Ismail confirmed that it was an "in-game first look teaser" rather than an actual gameplay demo on Twitter earlier today.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Octane

@redd214 The one with the swords and cars is apparently made by one person. Impressive!

Octane

Ralizah

I'd forgotten about the H.R. Giger Alien sex game. lol I'll be interested to see what that's ACTUALLY about.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

redd214

@Octane Yeah i recall hearing that, quite a feat! I can barely draw a straight line lol

redd214

BruceCM

Bright Memory, @Octane....? That's a good game, too! I think you must mean Scorn, @Ralizah?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

Vampire Bloodlines 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 for me.

Not sure about the rest.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

Inside Xbox was rather disappointing though there were a few games that looked cool. Scarlet Nexus interested me the most.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NotTelevision

So that’s how robot skeleton babies are born...

But I liked this presentation. Looked like some cool stuff.

Is Madden ‘21 releasing on the GameCube or what? Those graphics were something else.

Edit: Now I see. Only the last 3 seconds were the new Madden.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Justifier

Dezzy wrote:

Those looked like some OK current gen games. Unless their first party stuff really shines, these new consoles are gonna be really easy to ignore for a few years.

Yeah, but it is hard to show SSD loading times or 120fps on cinematic trailer. I don't think that graphics are going to evolve very much from this gen. Just bigger framerate, resolution and ray tracing.

"Wake me... when you need me."

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

Dezzy

@Justifier

None of that is worth buying a console anywhere near launch for me! Even with this current gen, there was a noticeable increase in graphical quality.

I remember I bought a PS4 in response to seeing the first Uncharted 4 trailer. That was just such a massive jump over anything on the PS3.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DarkRula

I do think there should have been some raw gameplay within these trailers, as just a showcase of graphics alone ain't really gonna cut it, even if the trailers were all in-engine. What we really needed was to see advanced AI within gameplay, how worlds look within gameplay and how much detail can be seen far in the distance, that sort of stuff.

I've got my eye on Dirt 5, but I just know that if any other racing game gets announced between now and its release, it'll fall to the wayside. Chorus definitely looked interesting, and is something I will looking at closely. The only other thing I can see myself going for is Call of the Sea. But, hey, that's three games I've got my eye on, so expecting just one game to be of interest does work.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

BruceCM

Apparently, they're promising more actual gameplay for that, so someone got the memo .....

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision HEY! No dissing the GameCube, regardless of the thread we're in...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NotTelevision

@ThanosReXXX Haha. Wouldn’t think of it. Actually the Madden games on the Cube were great, so I’ll take another.

NotTelevision

ThanosReXXX

@NotTelevision Maybe they'll put one of the classics in the new one as an unlockable, or as DLC.

Ralizah

@BruceCM Ah, yeah, I mean Scorn. The trailer was very weird and phallic and slimy.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Yeah, looked a bit like it was going to be an Alien game, @Ralizah.... Not sure I'm really interested in it, yet, myself but I'll keep an eye on it for more info and stuff

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic