Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,041 to 9,060 of 11,914

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit Yeah, just two pin holes. I only noticed that when I checked my own power supply, actually.
That Amazon picture is VERY dark. Quite stupid if you ask me, because people will want to know. They probably think that people will know from looking at the specs, but you can't just assume that everyone knows what to look for. Unlike you and me, there's also plenty of n00bs just looking for a replacement cord...

EDIT:
This might be the answer you're looking for:
https://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/449079/can-i-...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

gcunit

@ThanosReXXX That's mighty fine of you to bother looking for an answer. I dreaded the amount of filtering I'd have to do to try and find a reasonable treatment of the question. I won't take it as gospel, because random forum post, but it gives me more confidence that I'll be able to test the unit on the day it arrives.

I've probably got one or two 2-pin adapters somewhere for me to be able to use the existing cable that will come with it, but finding them... that's another story.

Thanks again, you're a gent.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

ThanosReXXX

@gcunit No problem, and you're welcome.
Although honestly, it wasn't that much of an effort, and I'm stuck at home anyway...
I literally just Googled the question "can i use a three pin kettle lead on a two pin plug" and that was basically the first answer on the page:
Untitled
On a side note: if it's an official power supply, then it doesn't matter if the plug on the cord has three holes or not, because there not being an earth pin in the power supply will not affect the throughput of the current anyways.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Ninfan

@gcunit I think you need a transformer to use it in the Uk. not just an adaptor. an electrician could get you one.I had a computer from Spain years ago and found out that I needed a transformer or the computer would get too hot.

Ninfan

Grumblevolcano

There we go, Series X gameplay on May 7th:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

& Assassin's Creed Valhalla .....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Seems highly likely..... It's the biggest games eh they'll want to show most

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Of course they will. That reveal trailer already specifically said "Xbox Series X", so it would be a bit strange for them to show the lesser version of a gameplay trailer as a world premiere of the game. They'll probably want to come out all guns blazing.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

CanisWolfred

Has anyone heard of any security concerns, lack of important and expected features, or any other rumors alluding to stupendous ways that Microsoft might flub up the Xbox series X? I hadn't been keeping a close eye on them until recently, and I genuinely think that if it'll likely be the next-gen console I go with, if I decide to get any at all. Mainly because they've commited to having 5 generations (well, technically 4 and a half) of gaming playable on one platform - even if I don't get that many new games, I'll at least have access to older ones that I missed out on or want to revisit. That's a huge value proposition that Sony hasn't made any attempt to match, as far as I know.

So all that's left is watching out for potential problems that might not be as obvious as a launch line-up or tech specs.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ThanosReXXX

@CanisWolfred Five generations? What five? There's only been three Xbox generations so far, and Series X is the fourth.

As for your question: haven't heard anything about security issues, but I also have no idea why that would come to mind, seeing as that was a Mattrick thing, and so far, Phil Spencer has been hitting all the right buttons, so it would seem highly unlikely to me that he wouldn't have taken any potential security issues into account.

Although, having said that, it's probably too soon to tell, much like with most console mistakes over the decades. Some were painfully obvious, albeit mainly also in hindsight, but plenty of them were only apparent after quite some time, even the infamous Red Ring of Death.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Yup, Xbox logo, not Xbox One (or One X), as in: the general brand logo, so I wouldn't be too worried. The trailer was just cinematics, though. Tomorrow, there'll be an article with gameplay footage on PureXbox.

EDIT/CORRECTIONS:
Gameplay will be shown during the Inside Xbox broadcast on the 7th of May, NOT tomorrow. And there actually was an Xbox One logo in that trailer, right at the end, where the DLC is mentioned...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BruceCM

It's gameplay footage I want to see..... Granted, the cinematics look great but it is supposed to be a game

SW-4357-9287-0699

CanisWolfred

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@CanisWolfred Five generations? What five? There's only been three Xbox generations so far, and Series X is the fourth.

Microsoft is counting Xbox One X as it's own thing for PR purposes. That's why I said four and a half, but I guess I should've been more specific, because let's face it, no one is buying that spiel...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ThanosReXXX

@CanisWolfred Ah, yes. I kinda already figured you were talking about the One X, but of course, that's just a bigger brother/deluxe model in the same series to most if not all of us, so Microsoft can go sit in a tree, for all I care, if they wanted to make us believe that. Probably also a remnant of the old, pre-Spencer Microsoft.

Guess he finally got a full handle on things, this time around. Then again: I'll reserve part of my judgment for the upcoming reveals, that we'll see starting from next week...

Grumblevolcano

It'll be interesting to see how many 3rd parties decide to support smart delivery and whether they manage to pressure Sony into doing the same thing for PS4 to PS5.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

More Game Pass teases:

I'm guessing Halo 2 PC and Yakuza Kiwami 2 are going to be the big ones this month.

Grumblevolcano

Dezzy

Will the event on the 7th actually be the first time we see proper next-gen gameplay?

I'll have to pay attention.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

I think so, @Dezzy.... Since it's quite a big deal, it's unlikely we missed anything like that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic