Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,666

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DGGames

901. Posted:

Well the XBOX ONE is certainly winning on the exclusives side. The only other console with that many exclusives at E3 was Nintendo (both have 15 announced for this year alone).

Since DRM is no longer an issue, it will be just a matter of people realizing that and hearing the news.

@Jaz007 you are wrong. The PS4 is not "more PC like". Both the PS4 and XBOX ONE use the same x86-64 architecture, however the XBOX ONE is more PC like if you wanna get into the finer details. It does share the Windows kernel with Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone, and supports full DirectX 11.1+ natively (something sony can't do without paying royalties to MS).

We already do know the Xbox LIVE infrastructure is far better and more powerful than PSN's (is just a matter of experiencing both). Not saying PSN is impossible to use, but LIVE is definitely the better one. The fact PSN will now be a paid service for multiplayer as well just proves who was on the right track all along. That money keeps the servers running and allows them to keep adding more as time goes on.

If you pay $60/year for Xbox LIVE you are dumb. Xbox LIVE subscriptions usually go for $30-$40 anywhere all the time. Also you can get months of LIVE for as low as $1 directly from the console. And since LIVE is now offering truly free games (not just rentals like PSN does), it certainly adds even more value.

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

902. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Yes, you're not biased at all. All of the people that repeatedly acknowledge you are are just crazy.

Well I sure hope you're around later this year so you can show me all of these Wii U games that look just like PS4 and X1 games, and all of these Nintendo updates with next gen cloud tech and voice commands. Oh, and all of the Wii U ports because you know.. you put a PS4 disc in and it becomes a Wii U disc, boom.. easy as that.

Should be an exciting year ahead for imaginative Nintendo fans.

It's all up to Nintendo to add those features. Not me. We'll see, bro. Also, ya, I'll be here discussing things as usual, no matter what turn these companies take.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

903. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I'm actually surprised people want a PS4 at all after Microsoft bailed on their DRM and required online. There's basically no reason to want a PS4 aside from the exclusive games like Killzone, Knack, etc.
If you can't already tell, Xbox One has a better UI in terms of function, and they have WAY more announced exclusives already than Sony.
3rd party games don't count in this case, because they're not exclusive to only PS3, and Xbox One will be getting more games from PC.

EDIT: So Xbox One is getting the 3rd party games, some PC games, and its exclusives. We also knew Xbox Live would be better than PSN, and be a paid service the whole time.
When you really look at how things play out w/o jumping the gun, things didn't really play out in Sony's favor.

Wow, let's get cracking here. Maybe be because PS4 has the exclusives I want and Sony has more exclusies to announce. Sony also has Naughty Dog, a dev that MS can't really match. The PS4 is noticeably more powerful than the Xbox One. "Xbox One will be getting more games from PC." How do you know this? PS4 has even more PC like and easier to access architechure this time around. PS4 is set to get more indie games right now. We don't know that the One will have better online, from what we've seen PS4 has better and cheaper online and then you get a ton of free games with it too. PS4 is $100 less than the Xbox One too.

Naughty Dog can't be touched in quality? Come on man, that's an opinion. I mean technological wise. PS is NOT more powerful. 10mb or however much is in there(they haven't disclosed how much. The 8GB of RAM is definitely not only consistent of GDRR5. If it was, PS4 would cost into the 1000's).
The Xbox One does have better online. The features they showed in May are OBVIOUSLY better than PS4's. You can splitscreen basically any function you want on the console. Do I really have to bring up the PSN lockdown?

Xbox One is more similar to a PC than PS4. If you haven't realized, Microsoft has been working with computers for well over 20 more than Sony. If any company knows anything about conputers, it's definitely Microsoft.

Even if the GDDR5 doesn't only conssist of that, some of those gbs of ram are more powerful and then the PS4 still has 2 more gbs of ram available for games. The PS4 also has 50% more GPU than the Xbox One, it is most certianly more powerful and it has been confirmed by multiple sources and is fact that it more powerful. You can splitcreen skype, that's irrelavant to the games social online. Has it been confirmed that you can take over for another player across the internet with the Xbox One? I don't think it has. It is not obviously better. Will One games be playable while they download, will they all have a demo? By your logic about MS being in computers longer means that if anybody knows something abot game consoles between MS and Sony it's Sony because they have been the business longer. And what PSN lockdown are you reffering to? Are you talking about the big hack? That happened a long time ago and Sony has learned from it. If it does count that the 360's famous failure rates come in to play as well.

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted 2..

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

904. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

Well the XBOX ONE is certainly winning on the exclusives side. The only other console with that many exclusives at E3 was Nintendo (both have 15 announced for this year alone).

Since DRM is no longer an issue, it will be just a matter of people realizing that and hearing the news.

@Jaz007 you are wrong. The PS4 is not "more PC like". Both the PS4 and XBOX ONE use the same x86-64 architecture, however the XBOX ONE is more PC like if you wanna get into the finer details. It does share the Windows kernel with Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Phone, and supports full DirectX 11.1+ natively (something sony can't do without paying royalties to MS).

We already do know the Xbox LIVE infrastructure is far better and more powerful than PSN's (is just a matter of experiencing both). Not saying PSN is impossible to use, but LIVE is definitely the better one. The fact PSN will now be a paid service for multiplayer as well just proves who was on the right track all along. That money keeps the servers running and allows them to keep adding more as time goes on.

If you pay $60/year for Xbox LIVE you are dumb. Xbox LIVE subscriptions usually go for $30-$40 anywhere all the time. Also you can get months of LIVE for as low as $1 directly from the console. And since LIVE is now offering truly free games (not just rentals like PSN does), it certainly adds even more value.

My bad about it being more PC like. It is however, easier to develop for. PSN had improved a lot with the PS4. What you know only applies to the current gen, not next gen system online you haven't used. The games offered with Gold right now are very old and not nearly as new or frequent with as many as with PS Plus, it hasn't been confirmed XB Live gold will be giving you games at launch for the One like Plus has for PS4. PSN will have many more features that don't require Plus than One will without Gold and how does MS requiring a subscription for online play first affect anything? It's better than Sony didn't do it in previous gens. You act like you want to pay for online.

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted 2..

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

905. Posted:

@Jaz007
I'm aware of each consoles advantages, and why doesn't the game business contribution work in the Wii U vs. PS4 argument? The spliscreen skype IS relevant. If anything, it's better, because you can skype with any device that is running skype.
I'm sure PS4 can splitscreen skype, too, but they haven't shown it, which is what I get grief about in regards to the Wii U when I say it can do something it hasn't blatantly shown.
I'm sure the PS4 will handle some sort of other feature(like other OS on the PS3) that the others won't, but that doesn't matter to alot of people.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DGGames

906. Posted:

Good job pulling numbers out of your asses, sony apologists. "50% more GPU" doesn't even make sense, and "2 more gbs of ram" is also completely unfounded.

There are 2 reasons why gaming PCs don't use GDDR5 for all their RAM:

1. Is way more expensive than DDR3
2. For everything but the GPU, it is no better and actually worse in many ways than DDR3

So the PS4 using GDDR5 for all of it is not necessarily a good thing. Sony will most likely be taking a loss on the system for quite a while, and games won't really benefit from it, since graphics aren't getting such a great benefit from the GDDR5's extra GPU-specific enhancements.

As I said, only Xbox LIVE has actual free games. PS+ so far has only been a rental service: you only play while you pay. If you stop paying, you lose the games, which isn't the case with Xbox LIVE: you can pay $1 for a single month, and keep the 2 free games from that month forever and redownload and use as many times as you want.

They have also confirmed XBOX ONE supports remote play through Skype: You can play local multiplayer, or your single player games, with anyone using Skype. That means your PC, Laptop, Mac, Tablet, etc. Just plug in a controller, connect to Skype and game away. You can also use it to let your friends see what you are playing and share an experience with them.

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

907. Posted:

I'm not pulling numbers outnif my rear. I've got proof. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_has_a_si...

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted 2..

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mookysam

908. Posted:

Yesterday afternoon Xbox live went down for a while. I laughed because it made me appreciate how completely and utterly unworkable Microsoft's original policy was.

PS. Sony's first party output is excellent. :D

mookysam

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

909. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm not pulling numbers outnif my rear. I've got proof. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_has_a_si...

I believe that, but it won't give any other advantage over the other consoles and what they all can do, besides a feature that will be transparent for many consumers.
This is PS3 all over again with the other OS feature. Hardly anyone bought a PS3 to run Linux.
Did you buy a PS3 to run Linux?

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

910. Posted:

mookysam wrote:

Yesterday afternoon Xbox live went down for a while. I laughed because it made me appreciate how completely and utterly unworkable Microsoft's original policy was.

PS. Sony's first party output is excellent. :D

Does your internet suck? Serious question.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

911. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm not pulling numbers outnif my rear. I've got proof. http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/05/playstation_4_has_a_si...

Shame on you. trusting people who do this for a living.

It's not even worth cyberspace to debate. Everyone knows, policies aside, the games will be generally similar.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mookysam

912. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

mookysam wrote:

Yesterday afternoon Xbox live went down for a while. I laughed because it made me appreciate how completely and utterly unworkable Microsoft's original policy was.

PS. Sony's first party output is excellent. :D

Does your internet suck? Serious question.

No, dear, Xbox live was down. Not my internet. I'l let you join the dots.

mookysam

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

913. Posted:

mookysam wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

mookysam wrote:

Yesterday afternoon Xbox live went down for a while. I laughed because it made me appreciate how completely and utterly unworkable Microsoft's original policy was.

PS. Sony's first party output is excellent. :D

Does your internet suck? Serious question.

No, dear, Xbox live was down. Not my internet. I'l let you join the dots.

lmao

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

914. Posted:

mookysam wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

mookysam wrote:

Yesterday afternoon Xbox live went down for a while. I laughed because it made me appreciate how completely and utterly unworkable Microsoft's original policy was.

PS. Sony's first party output is excellent. :D

Does your internet suck? Serious question.

No, dear, Xbox live was down. Not my internet. I'l let you join the dots.

My Xbox Live wasn't down. Weird...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mookysam

915. Posted:

@Scar

Yes weird. rolls eyes

It was around 4pm UK time. And I wasn't the only one.

mookysam

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

916. Posted:

mookysam wrote:

@Scar

Yes weird. rolls eyes

It was around 4pm UK time. And I wasn't the only one.

Ya, I was just messin'. I don't even have an Xbox 360 anymore.
I just see tons of complaints about internet that can be fixed w/o blaming the servers.. BTW, I DO have a PS3, and it wouldn't log in to PSN. My Wii U was able to log-in, but not the PS3.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DGGames

917. Posted:

No reported outage
My phone and console had no problems connecting to Xbox LIVE at all yesterday
In fact, I was downloading stuff from Xbox LIVE all day yesterday, and there are no disconnection reports on my router either

Sounds like it was either isolated to your region / ISP, or your connection to the internet was acting up. Also, unless it was completely down for more than 24 hours, the original policy wouldn't have stopped your from playing at all.

Also, ignoring the Skype Remote Play I see?

PS: Sony's first party output outside of Naughty Dog and Insomniac is laughable at best. And Insomniac is now a third party developer. In fact, they are doing a new exclusive IP for Microsoft (published by Microsoft Studios) so there goes 1 of the only 2 reasons to get a PlayStation system. Their E3 booth was also by far the least impressive one. The fact that the machine I was playing on froze 4 times and had to be reset certainly didn't help.

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

918. Posted:

The PS Vita is frozen behind a plastic case at every demo kiosk I've ever seen.
The 3DS on the other hand, never freezes.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

AlexSays

919. Posted:

You guys really need to go tell people that there's literally no reason to buy a PS4. You need to save these people! Turn them into the direction of the almighty Microsoft, whose perfect console enjoys infinite more games and online functionality!

And Scar, I'm more surprised by the fact you admitted your PS3 ever worked. I thought it would be too preoccupied euthanizing puppies and stealing from homeless people to ever actually be played with. Not sure why you would buy such horribly inferior products though when the company is dying and all of Sony's games suck.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

920. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

You guys really need to go tell people that there's literally no reason to buy a PS4. You need to save these people! Turn them into the direction of the almighty Microsoft, whose perfect console enjoys infinite more games and online functionality!

And Scar, I'm more surprised by the fact you admitted your PS3 ever worked. I thought it would be too preoccupied euthanizing puppies and stealing from homeless people to ever actually be played with. Not sure why you buy such horribly inferior products though the company is dying and all of Sony's games suck.

I didn't buy it. It was a family purchase that was basically given to me.
My dad bought it for the bluray player, so I saw no reason why I shouldn't buy a game here and there.

$¢@®³’²