Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,921 to 8,940 of 11,903

redd214

That's Great PureXbox is back! Hope it does better this go around. Wonder when the Stadia sister site is going to be up lolol!

redd214

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Thanks for pointing me to this!

That's great news. NL is home, but it'll be great to have that. Especially during E3 time!

Nice work @nintendolife! Now you can fend off Thanos in two places at once!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 That actually made me grin.

@NEStalgia You're welcome, you train-loving hermit...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I prefer to be addressed as Master Hermit, if you please. You know, template of the new world order? Teacher of inner peace?

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Sorry, I'm not following that train of thought...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Banjo-

@NEStalgia I downloaded both digital versions of Final Fantasy XIII and now I don't know which one to keep. I think that one of them is the "International" version but there is no clue or subtitles anywhere so how do I know? Also, does the international version add a chapter (prologue)? Is that the key difference? I don't care about languages other than English (e.g., Japanese).

By the way, I completed Final Fantasy XV and I loved it. I played all DLC but Comrades, I'll play it soon.

Banjo-

Banjo-

FullbringIchigo wrote:

hey everyone the PureXBOX site is back, that's the XBOX site that's part of the Nlife network same as Nintendo Life and Push Square

https://www.purexbox.com/

Great news indeed! The people that worked on it are great and professional. The website was much more high-quality than Pushsquare which always looked like it was handled by Sony fanboys and amateurs.

I beg you to support PureXbox a little more this time even if they don't use as much clickbait.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@BlueOcean huh, I didn't even know there were two available versions for xb to download! Usually there's an "international" version of FF but it's always a Sony thing.

"International" means "Japan". Usually it goes like this: FF gets released. West gets but fixes and changes. Japanese buyers get annoyed. International version is released in Japan like a new game with a new battle system and chapters and all kinds of content.

I'm not sure what the xiii international has though. How'd you find it/get it? I bought xiii the day it went up on the ms store with bc and there was only one!

Whether it has English or not is a different question. Most ff international versions are Japanese only.

Supposedly xiii was once a lot bigger. A dozens of hours of content were cut, whole chapters and scenes that fill in a lot of the blanks that make the story a mess. At the time, fans blamed x360 and it's dvd limitations, while it would have fit on ps3 bd. Could be some truth to that. Pc fans were livid that Deus ex invisible war was horribly compromised in design due to og xbox support.

Now there's a game id kill for bc support! Not a great game in the series but I'd love to reunite the whole franchise! That poor thing is forgotten. Though maybe that's for the best dx: purple ( feat. I can't believe it's not Brittney Spears). Not Warren Spectors finest moment. But not his lowest. Maybe that's not saying much.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal Yeah, that's the name, Ultimate Hits International. According to Wikipedia it has an additional chapter (prologue) so that's why I am considering keeping it.

@NEStalgia @DarthNocturnal Final Fantasy XIII Ultimate Hits International appeared on my owned games list on the console and I just selected it for download. Check there.

Banjo-

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal If the epilogue is not part of the game itself but part of the physical booklet then I don't see anything about the digital edition that I'm interested in. I don't care about the easy mode or Japanese language. I might keep that version because it adds stuff and doesn't remove any though. The problem is that now I have the two versions so I'll have to start both and check. One is 0.1 GB bigger so that's my clue.

Okay, I just checked and one has easy mode and the other don't. I will check languages and subtitles.

EDIT:

30.5 GB version includes:
Camera
Event subtitles
Speaker names
Battle difficulty
Battle speed
Default battle command
Target selection
Battle help messages
Brightness
Easy mode option? Yes

30.6 GB version includes:
Camera
Event subtitles
Speaker names
Non-event subtitles
Battle speed
Default battle command
Target selection
Battle help messages
Brightness
Easy mode option? No

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

redd214

@Ralizah definitely does! Packing a bunch of great QOL/performance features. Also it's smaller than I was expecting, hopefully we get a price soon perhaps Wednesday!

redd214

Ralizah

@redd214 Also very cool that an algorithm will be applying HDR retroactively to BC titles.

And I'm curious to see how this state suspension works in practice. Supposedly, even if the console is unplugged, it'll save where I am in my game. Does that make it power outage-proof in the sense that I don't have to worry about losing progress? Maybe not quite as good as being able to just play on handheld when the power cuts out, but it's still a very attractive sounding feature.

I also like that Microsoft seems to be targeting 60fps as a minimum for XSeX games. It's what I've always wanted from a console performance-wise.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Magician

So Xbox Series X will have a 1TB ssd for memory. But will be expandable with proprietary memory expansions. Unfortunately, Series X games won't be playable off the memory expansion, only backwards compatible games will be. Which kind of sucks, because that 1TB is good for what...maybe half a dozen to a dozen games depending on their file size?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

ThanosReXXX

@Magician That is only true for previous gen games and for USB storage. The proprietary expandable memory does work with Series X games. They would literally have to be insane to not let it work like this, because that would mean constantly having to swap, uninstall & reinstall games, as your library grows.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Magician

@DarthNocturnal @ThanosReXXX

Just a blurb I misheard from a podcast I was listening to this morning. Turns out that the external storage bit of the conversation I heard was in regard to usb drives, not the storage expansion. So yeah, no worries, games running on the storage expansion will be similar if not the same as running off the internal storage.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic