Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 8,901 to 8,920 of 8,930

Dezzy

That MCC update says nothing useful at all. I don't see why porting an old game to a new system is such a drawn-out ordeal. Is it just the multiplayer stuff they're fussing about?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Campaign and Firefight flights have already happened. The last stages of flighting are XB1 PVP (emails were sent out yesterday to those part of that flight) and PC PVP which will happen after the XB1 PVP flight. They've already said Reach will take the longest so the other games will take a lot shorter.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

The only thing I'm waiting for is the single player campaign available on Xbone.

DarthNocturnal

They want to avoid a repeat of MMCs launch. Which is a somewhat taller order on PC.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

BruceCM

So, with PS5 release window, do we think Scarlett will aim to come out at the same time? Is anyone planning to get that on launch? I'm hoping my XB1 will keep me going for awhile yet

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

carlos82

@BruceCM Scarlett was already confirmed to launch at that time. I'll likely end up with both PS5 and Scarlett but at launch Scarlett is looking favourite for me, as we know Halo Infinite to be a launch title and nothing of note has been announced for the PS5's launch.

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

redd214

@BruceCM yes, it's been known for quite a while that Scarlett is coming Holiday 2020

redd214

BruceCM

Perhaps they're both waiting for the other to pick an actual date....? If PS5 does that 1st, do we expect Scarlett to go for the exact same or a bit earlier?

SW-4357-9287-0699

carlos82

I'd imagine both will launch in November like they did last time and probably about a week apart. If anything I'd expect Xbox to announce their release date first as they are kind of on the back foot at the moment. Maybe we'll get more info at the big Xbox event in London next month

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

BruceCM

Maybe they hope PS5 will announce a date, so they can go for a bit before, @carlos82 .... ? That'd make sense, at least

SW-4357-9287-0699

redd214

The 4/One released a week apart if I remember correctly so probably similar this time around. I'm sure internally the already have dates picked out but not really a point in announcing the exact day this far out. Doubt we'd know that til maybe even E3 2020

redd214

NEStalgia

I doubt they even know the actual dates yet....so much of that will depend on supply chain and logistics much closer to launch.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

If Xbox have learned anything, they'll wait for PS5 to announce first, and then they'll make their console $50 cheaper.

Justifier

@Dezzy
I agree, Microsoft should bite the bullet and sell their hardware cheaper this time. Won't hurt if it is more powerful too. They can take the hit.

Soldiers does not judge. Soldiers delivers judgement.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0456-5973-9496 | 3DS Friend Code: 0533-4480-5285 | Nintendo Network ID: Justifier

redd214

While obviously being cheaper would be a boost, I would say having compelling games and the correct messaging is far far more important for them. They've had the cheaper, and in some regards better, console for years now so I think they'll need more than just that.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

@redd214 Yeah, it largely comes down to the quality of Halo Infinite. I'm optimistic with how 343 has handled MCC flighting.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

carlos82

Yeah I can see Halo Infinite having big pulling power at launch if done well, particularly if Sony don't have a big exclusive of their own and are relying on re-releases of recent PS4 games

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic